Holy Paladin Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Holy Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). This new system replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character, becoming increasingly punishing with the level of corruption you have equipped. That being said, it also provides a power boost to your character, with different effects available. Some effects are more powerful than others, which will be explored in the guideline ranking below.
What Corruption Powers to Buy For a Holy Paladin
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the corruptions on your gear without any RNG involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Holy Paladin in raids, we recommend you to stack Ineffable Truth. In most cases you will want to prioritize rank 1. Rank 1 is slightly more efficient at this rank because it provides 30% cooldown reduction for a corruption cost of 12. The alternative rank 2 provides 50% cooldown reduction for a cost of 30 corruption. In cases where you cannot fill your entire corruption budget using Rank 1, it is acceptable to use Rank 2.
For Mythic+, Gushing Wound and Twilight Devastation will provide you with the biggest DPS increase. With Gushing Wound being slightly ahead of Twilight Devastation in terms of DPS per corruption. However, in large pulls, Twilight Devastation will start to pull ahead of Gushing Wounds. For Healing increases you will want to target Ineffable Truth and Severe.
Best Corruptions for Holy Paladin
Below you can find the corruption tier list. It is important to note that corruption strength can vary from fight to fight and you should always try to consult QELive to get the most accurate answers on what gear to run. Also note that Ineffable Truth will require a base of 80% for it to really be effective in raid.
Corruption Rankings for Raiding
- S Tier — Ineffable Truth
- A Tier — Expedient, Masterful, Racing Pulse, Honed Mind.
- B Tier — Void Ritual, Siphoner, Flash of Insight.
- C Tier — Severe, Versatile, Surging Vitality.
- D Tier — Deadly Momentum, Strikethrough, Glimpse of Clarity.
In most situations you will want to run corruptions to boost your healing. In the rare cases where you want to use damage corruptions, you can follow the mythic+ tier list. The only difference will be Infinite Stars gaining more value as it excels in prolonged single target situations.
Corruption Rankings for Mythic+
- S Tier — Gushing Wound, Twilight Devastation, Ineffable Truth.
- A Tier — Strikethrough, Severe, Twisted Appendage.
- B Tier — Deadly Momentum.
- C Tier — Surging Vitality, Racing Pulse, Echoing Void, Expedient, Versatile.
- D Tier — Siphoner, Infinite Stars Glimpse of Clarity.
While Ineffable Truth is part of the "S-Tier", you will commonly see high level Holy Paladins only running 90% total. For them, the damage increase from DPS corruptions outweighs the benefits of increased throughput from Ineffable Truth stacking. Whether you want to prioritize DPS or throughput will determine the best corruptions for you to wear. In most cases, you will want a balance of both.
How Much Corruption Should I Run As A Holy Paladin
In most cases you will want to stay below 40 corruption. The added benefit of increased healing or damage is generally not worth the risk of dying to a Thing from Beyond. At the very max you can run up to 59 corruption when doing content of easier difficulties.
- 01 Jun. 2020: Added page.
- The Community's Growing Concerns With the Recent Realm Connections
- Sylvari Mantle "Shadowmeld" Soulbind Trait Removed in Shadowlands Beta Build 35522
- Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event Week 2 Preview
- Patch 8.3.7 Hotfixes: August 13th
- Official Preview of Shadowlands Adventures by Blizzard
- PvP Vendors Sell Soulbind Conduits and Legendary Power Recipes in Shadowlands
- Nathanos Blightcaller's Fate in the Shadowlands Pre-patch
- Shadowlands Base Edition Will Be Digital-Only?