Holy Paladin Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Holy Paladin, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendaries have returned in Shadowlands in the form of craftable items through the Runecarving system. You will have powers that are spec-specific, as well as powers that are generic to your class. In this page we will break down the best legendaries for whatever form of content you are interested in, whether that be raiding or Mythic+. If you would like a list of all the legendaries available to Paladin, you can visit our page for it below. If you are looking for information about Runecarving and how these powers work, you can visit that page, also linked below.
Best Overall Legendary for Holy Paladin
Below you will find information on the best legendary available for Raiding and Mythic+. Shock Barrier is extremely strong in both forms of content and will likely be the legendary you will want to craft first. Regardless, we will still break down some of the better choices. Legendaries that were left out of the list are too weak in their current state to be worth considering.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Holy Paladin
- Shock Barrier will be your go-to legendary for Raiding. It is by far our highest HPS legendary and has amazing synergy with our Kyrian ability Divine Toll, as well our Glimmer of Light talent.
- Inflorescence of the Sunwell is a competitive legendary as, Holy Light has very strong scaling potential when combined with the Resplendent Light conduit. There is a world where this legendary could be used, but it currently is weaker than Shock Barrier.
- Shadowbreaker, Dawn of the Sun is an interesting legendary, as it could be very good in the right situation. Anytime your raid is really spread out, Shadowbreaker will increase in value. However, it currently is not as good as some of the other options.
- Maraad's Dying Breath is not a terrible legendary by any means, but it fits the common theme of our other legendaries and not being able to compete with Shock Barrier. It also puts yourself in more frequent danger, as you will be using Light of the Martyr more frequently.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Holy Paladin
Holy Paladin lacks many interesting choices when it comes to selecting our best Mythic+/Torghast legendary. Most of the Holy-specific legendaries perform very poorly in Mythic+ and will not have much use.
- Shock Barrier is a strong legendary in Mythic+, as it will provide you with constant shields on your party members, as you should be able to maintain the buff on all of them.
- Relentless Inquisitor is a Retribution legendary that is usable for Holy Paladin and provides a nice consistent Haste increase. As long as you are able to keep in combat, you should be able to maintain 100% uptime on the buff, only losing it when dropping combat.
- Vanguard's Momentum is another Retribution legendary that can be used when playing Holy. The extra charge of Hammer of Wrath is a nice boost to your Holy Power generation.
- The Mad Paragon is one of the Paladin generic legendaries that will increase the damage of Hammer of Wrath as well as causing it to increase the duration of Avenging Wrath by 1 second.
Ultimately, there are not many legendaries that excel in Mythic+. Given that Shock Barrier is also our best legendary for raiding, it is what you will want to craft first. Once you have crafted and upgraded that, you can start working on other legendaries. No other legendaries can realistically compete with any of the four listed above, and even Vanguard's Momentum, Relentless Inquisitor, and The Mad Paragon are sub-par to Shock Barrier.
If you are looking for a strong Torghast or soloing legendary, then you can choose between Relentless Inquisitor, Vanguard's Momentum, or The Mad Paragon, as Shock Barrier will not be very strong in solo content.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Updated legendary recommendations.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021
- Even More Fantastical Settings Coming in Shadowlands, Endgame Loot and More: Ion Hazzikostas PC Gamer Article
- Tarragrue Glitches Out and Does No Damage
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 14th
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Item Level 184 Trinket World Quest Now Up in Bastion on US Servers