Holy Paladin Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Holy Paladin, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendaries have returned in Shadowlands in the form of craftable items through the Runecarving system. You will have powers that are spec-specific, as well as powers that are generic to your class. In this page we will break down the best Legendaries for whatever form of content you are interested in, whether that be raiding or Mythic+. If you would like a list of all the Legendaries available to Paladin, you can visit our page for it below. If you are looking for information about Runecarving and how these powers work, you can visit that page, also linked below.
Best Legendaries for Holy Paladin
Bolded slots are what we would recommend crafting your Legendary in. The reason being that those slots have more stats than the alternative option, as a result they make better use of the higher item budget and custom stats from the Legendary.
The best stats for your Legendary will be Haste and Versatility as they provide you with a well rounded setup that can excel in every form of content the game has to offer. Mastery is a viable choice instead of Versatility, but it unfortunately provides 0 increase to our DPS making it less preferable.
|Raiding||Shock Barrier||Legs or Boots||Torghast (Coldheart Interstitia, Layer 3+)|
|Mythic+||Shock Barrier||Legs or Boots||Torghast (Coldheart Interstitia, Layer 3+)|
|PvP||Shock Barrier||Legs or Boots||Torghast (Coldheart Interstitia, Layer 3+)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Neck, Wrist, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
As you can guess from the table above, we would recommend crafting Shock Barrier as your first Legendary as it excels in every form of content World of Warcraft has to offer. It is incredibly versatile and maintains its strength regardless of covenant choice. It is the largest boost to our overall HPS out of any Legendary as it provides constant damage reduction from the shield.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Holy Paladin
- Shock Barrier will be your go-to Legendary for Raiding. It is by far our highest HPS Legendary and has amazing synergy with our Kyrian ability Divine Toll, as well our Glimmer of Light talent.
- Shadowbreaker, Dawn of the Sun is extremely strong in the right situation. Any time your raid is spread out and you are unable to hit all of your allies with Light of Dawn, this Legendary will be incredibly good. Even in situations where you can already hit all of your allies, the healing increase buff makes it very strong by itself.
- Of Dusk and Dawn is a fairly decent Legendary after recent buffs. While it will not do as much healing as Shock Barrier, it does also provide an increase to your damage output making it a viable choice as a hybrid Legendary. Increasing both your damage and throughput unlike Shock Barrier.
- Inflorescence of the Sunwell is a competitive Legendary as, Holy Light has very strong scaling potential when combined with the Resplendent Light conduit. There is a world where this Legendary could be used, but it currently is weaker than Shock Barrier.
- Maraad's Dying Breath is not a terrible Legendary by any means, but it fits the common theme of our other Legendaries and not being able to compete with Shock Barrier. It also puts yourself in more frequent danger, as you will be using Light of the Martyr more frequently.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Holy Paladin
Holy Paladin lacks many interesting choices when it comes to selecting our best Mythic+ Legendary. Most of the Holy-specific Legendaries perform very poorly in Mythic+ and will not have much use.
- Shock Barrier is a strong Legendary in Mythic+, as it will provide you with constant shields on your party members, as you should be able to maintain the buff on all of them.
- Relentless Inquisitor is a Retribution Legendary that is usable for Holy Paladin and provides a nice consistent Haste increase. As long as you are able to keep in combat, you should be able to maintain 100% uptime on the buff, only losing it when dropping combat.
- The Mad Paragon is one of the Paladin generic Legendaries that will increase the damage of Hammer of Wrath as well as causing it to increase the duration of Avenging Wrath by 1 second.
- Vanguard's Momentum is another Retribution Legendary that can be used when playing Holy. The extra charge of Hammer of Wrath is a nice boost to your Holy Power generation.
- Of Dusk and Dawn is a decent hybrid Legendary providing both DPS and healing increases unlike some of the Legendaries listed above. It is an okay choice if you want something in the middle, but the other options are likely still going to remain better in Mythic+ despite the recent buffs.
Ultimately, there are not many Legendaries that excel in Mythic+. Given that Shock Barrier is also our best Legendary for raiding, it is what you will want to craft first. Once you have crafted and upgraded that, you can start working on other Legendaries. No other Legendaries can realistically compete with any of the four listed above, and even Vanguard's Momentum, Relentless Inquisitor, and The Mad Paragon are sub-par to Shock Barrier.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Holy Paladin
If you plan on running Torghast with a group of people, consider referring to the Mythic+ recommendations if your group is large enough that you have to heal for most of the time. Otherwise you can swap to a more damage focus Legendary as you will not need to be healing your party members as often.
- Stable Phantasma Lure will improve the amount of Torghast specific currency you get per run, allowing you to potentially purchase more powers than normal. Given the strength of powers in Torghast, having access to more of them will provide a large boost to your overall character strength.
- The Mad Paragon will increase your Hammer of Wrath damage and allow for increased uptime on your Avenging Wrath.
- Vanguard's Momentum similarly to Mad Paragon, this Legendary will work to increase our overall damage by giving us more access to Hammer of Wrath through the extra charge. Vanguards also increases the Holy damage you deal when you use Hammer of Wrath. On bosses and elite enemies, you should be able to safely maintain 100% uptime on this buff, giving you a strong damage boost.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Adjusted Legendary recommendations to account for 9.0.5 buffs.
- 23 Feb. 2021: Updated formatting.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Updated Legendary recommendations.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Tazavesh & Sanctum of Domination Loading Screens
- The Fastest "Mount" on Azeroth: When an Oribos Ride Goes Wrong and a Heroic Landing Goes Extremely Right
- Increased Nameplate Distance Option Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- Patch 9.1 PTR Notes: May 11th
- No Mythic-Only Phase for Sylvanas, the Jailer Is the Shadowlands Endboss, Increased Soul Ash, and More: Morgan Day Sloot Interview on Patch 9.1
- Get an Item Level 213 Piece of Loot This Week!
- Mythic Sanctum of Domination Raid testing Schedule: May 13-14
- An Accidental Mythic+ 15 Boost?