Holy Paladin Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Holy Paladin before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Holy Paladin Torghast Guide
While this guide focuses on Torghast, Tower of the Damned, its lessons can be applied to any solo content, including world questing and leveling.
Inside Torghast, enemy health is reduced when playing healer and tank specializations. Holy Paladin has always had exceptional damage output for a healer spec, making it a very strong choice for Torghast.
Holy Paladin has strong damage, utility, and self-sustain making it a very strong Torghast spec. With Avenging Wrath, we have very high burst damage allowing us to deal with any of the bosses or high health enemies we might encounter in Torghast. Similar to other healers, we have the clear weakness of doing low AoE damage compared to some of the other Paladin specs. In Torghast, you have no time no time limit so it can be smart to pull small to play to the strengths of Holy Paladin which is single target damage.
Best Torghast Talents for Holy Paladin
The talents recommended below apply to Torghast / general soloing. If you are looking for a general overview of Holy talents, check our main page below:
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
The basis for Torghast talent are about maximizing damage while minimizing the amount of abilities you need to cast. If you are looking for more AoE you could spec into Light's Hammer, but you would lose single target damage from not having Crusader's Might. There are other talents you can swap between such as Holy Avenger and Divine Purpose. One provides more consistent damage while the other large burst damage.
Best Torghast Covenant / Soulbind / Conduits for Holy Paladin
Below we will cover the best Covenant/Soulbind/Conduits available for Torghast. You will never want to swap your covenant just for your weekly Torghast runs, but we will cover the best Soulbinds for each. If you are interested in more detailed covenant information as well as soulbinds and conduits. Please check out our dedicated covenant page linked below.
Your options vary between Covenants:
|Venthyr||Nadjia the Mistblade||Nadjia Tree|
|Kyrian||Forgelite Prime Mikanikos||Mikanikos Tree|
|Night Fae||Korayn||Korayn Tree|
When it comes to our Soulbind trees, we prioritize damage as much as we possibly can. In most cases, there will be very little healing to do in Torghast which lessens the need for Soulbinds that are built around maximizing healing output.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Holy Paladin
- Stable Phantasma Lure
- Relentless Inquisitor
- Vanguard's Momentum
- The Mad Paragon
- The Magistrate's Judgment
Stable Phantasma Lure is a Torghast-only legendary that will increase how much Phantasma you gain. Using it will allow you to purchase better and more frequent Anima Powers during your run.
Relentless Inquisitor provides a strong Haste bonus that you will be able to maintain 100% uptime on as long as you are keeping yourself in combat. In the case you drop combat, it does not take long to max out the stacks again.
Vanguard's Momentum gives you an extra Hammer of Wrath charge, which can have strong synergy with some of the different Anima Powers available to Paladins in Torghast.
The Mad Paragon increases your damage of Hammer of Wrath, while it is not exceptional, it still is one of the stronger options available as most of our Legendary Powers revolve around healing.
The Magistrate's Judgment is a strong legendary as it will allow you to use your Holy Power spending abilities more frequently. We do not have a lot of AoE damage outside of Shield of the Righteous, so being able to use it more will just help with that problem.
For extra alternatives and full descriptions, be sure to check out all the Legendaries on our guide below!
Best Anima Powers for Holy Paladin
Not every ability listed below will work the same on Beta as will on live servers. As we get more information about potential changes, tooltip fixes, and bug fixes, we will work to adjust our ranking system. Lists of all Paladin Anima Powers can be by clicking the buttons below.
Anima Powers are found only inside of Torghast and can be bought with the currency Phantasma. Most of the powers stack, meaning you can run multiple of the same power for endless benefit. At the end of the day, Torghast is fun when you try different things and test different synergies. You will never need to stack the highest ranked powers if you want to complete it, so play around and find something that you enjoy. There are hundreds of different ways you can play Holy Paladin in Torghast. Deciding what is best for you and what you enjoy the most is part of the fun.
Great Anima Powers for Holy Paladin
- Ancient Writ of Order
- Badge of the Mad Paragon
- Blood Beacon (very powerful when stacked)
- Faintly Glowing Ember
- Gavel of True Judgment (works on bosses)
- Golden Plume
- Pendrake's Visor
- Ring of Unburdening
- Shattered Gauntlet
- Shard of Milkglass (value goes down in group play)
- Small Smooth Spike
- Soulforged Censer
- Words of Incomprehensible Glory
- Highlord's Cypher (allows you to have Crusader's Might and Light's Hammer)
- Highlord's Ultimatum (allows you to have Divine Purpose and Holy Avenger)
Good Anima Powers for Holy Paladin
- Coldheart Plume
- Mark of Conk-quest
- Of Dusk and Dawn
- Soulsteel Hasp (value goes up on higher floors)
- Soul-Touched Spurs
- Soul-Touched Reins
- Theory of Justice
- Vestige of Hope
- Winged Medallion (value goes up if you clear floors fast)
- Highlord's Lesson (allows you to have Fist of Justice and Repentance or Blinding Light)
Average Anima Powers for Holy Paladin
- Defiled Prayer Beads (is more powerful if you are Night Fae)
- Pendrake's Locket (value goes up in group play)
- Pendrake's Shattered Aegis (value goes up in group play)
- Pendrake's Brooch (value goes up in group play)
- Radiant Essence
- Thread of Beads
- Highlord's Gift (allows you to have Unbreakable Spirit and Cavalier)
- Highlord's Legacy (allows you to have Judgment of Light and Holy Prism)
- Highlord's Mythos (allows you to have Sanctified Wrath for free)
Phantasma Anima Powers for Holy Paladin
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate the Anima Powers you can purchase with Phantasma, but they are generally better than the "Average" Anima powers.
Covenant-specific Information for Holy Paladin in Torghast
Each covenant has specific Anima Powers that can be extremely strong. Below we will take a look at all of them and rank them from best to worst.
- Belt of the Mawsworn Avenger — Divine Toll is cast at the start and end of Avenging Wrath. A must have power when available.
- Ember of the Carillon — Reduces the cooldown of Divine Toll by 10 seconds.
- Big Clapper — Stuns every enemy within 30 yards for 3 seconds when you cast Divine Toll.
- Hallowed Silverglass — Triggers the damage/healing effect when you use Hammer of Justice or Judgment.
- Hallowed Candle — Makes Ashen Hallow even more powerful when there are fewer targets (boss floors).
- Undead Bone Ash — Cooldown reduction on Ashen Hallow when you use Hammer of Wrath.
- Tome of the Vanquished — Triggers an additional Shield of the Righteous when you make use of the Vanquisher's Hammer buff.
- Darkened Ember — Vanquisher's Hammer will now generate 2 Holy Power.
- Worn Leather Strap — 3 second cooldown reduction to Vanquisher's Hammer.
- Pristine Fallen Leaf — Increases the duration of Blessing of Autumn by 100%.
- Dried Fire Flower — Increases the damage from Blessing of Summer by 100%.
- Calibrated Sextant — When you use Blessing of the Seasons you gain 300 of a secondary stat. Summer = Crit. Autumn = Haste. Winter = Versatility. Spring = Mastery.
Anima powers not listed are either weak enough to not be considered, or were bugged on Beta meaning we could not accurately evaluate them.
Holy Paladin Playstyle for Torghast
Holy Paladin can scale very well as you start gaining more and more powers. The class will start off slow and will struggle in AoE situations, but it has some of the highest potential single-target DPS of any of the healer specs. You will want to play around your Avenging Wrath cooldown and pull difficult enemies when you have the cooldown available.
- When facing caster enemies, Line of Sighting can be useful to help reduce some of the damage taken and positioning them how you would like.
- Use Blinding Light and Hammer of Justice to stun/interrupt enemy casts. As Holy Paladin doe not have an interrupt, making use of these cooldowns is incredibly important.
- Use the perks you pick up on the way as they are incredibly valuable.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Paladin Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1