How to Farm Cosmic Flux in Patch 9.2
What is Cosmic Flux?
Why is Cosmic Flux Important?
As mentioned above, you will need Cosmic Flux to upgrade Legendary items to Rank 7 and transform non-set pieces of equipment into Class Tier Set pieces in Patch 9.2. Upgrading an item to Rank 7 will take 2,000 Cosmic Flux, among other things, while utilizing the Creation Catalyst has a cost that varies with the slot being transformed.
You can learn more about the upgrading process in our guide below.
Due to its similar nature, the currency can be compared to Echoes of Ny'alotha from Battle for Azeroth.
How to Farm Cosmic Flux in Patch 9.2
Cosmic Flux comes from participating in Shadowlands Season 3 and Patch 9.2 content. You can farm it from the following sources:
- Completing daily and world quests in Zereth Mortis.
- Completing the Zereth Mortis quest Patterns Within Patterns every week.
- Opening treasures in Zereth Mortis.
- Defeating Rare Elites in Zereth Mortis.
- Participating in Rated PvP.
- Clearing Mythic+ Dungeons.
- Defeating bosses in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid.
- Completing wings of Torghast on Layers 13 or higher.
- Completing Layers of The Jailer's Gauntlet challenge wing in Torghast (one-time reward per Layer).
- From Cosmic Flux Parcels, bought with Attendant's Token of Merit if you do not pick loot from the Great Vault.
- Scrapping existing Legendaries refunds 100% of the Cosmic Flux spent to craft them.
Cosmic Flux from Zereth Mortis Activities
- Daily Quests give 75 Cosmic Flux each.
- The weekly quest Patterns Within Patterns in Zereth Mortis gives you 400 Cosmic Flux.
- Opening treasures for the first time each day provides 75 Cosmic Flux.
- Opening small treasures gives you 10-14 Cosmic Flux.
- Rare treasures give you 200 Cosmic Flux each, the first time you open them.
- Enlightened Broker Supplies (The Enlightened Paragon Reputation reward) contains 1,000 Cosmic Flux.
- Rare Elites in Zereth Mortis drop anywhere from 50-75 Cosmic Flux when killed.
- Defeating a Sepulcher of the First Ones raid boss awards 100 Cosmic Flux.
- Winning a Rated Battleground gives you 100 Cosmic Flux.
- Clearing a Mythic Dungeons rewards 87-100 Cosmic Flux.
You can learn more about some of these quests, treasures, and rares in our guides to Zereth Mortis and its two additional systems below.
Cosmic Flux from Torghast
- Layer 13 rewards 70 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 14 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 15 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 16 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
The Jailer's Gauntlet also gives you the following amount of Cosmic Flux:
- Layer 1 gives you 50 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 2 gives you 75 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 3 gives you 100 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 4 gives you 125 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 5 gives you 200 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 6 gives you 300 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 7 gives you 400 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 8 gives you 500 Cosmic Flux.
You can learn more about the new Jailer's Gauntlet challenge wing in our guide below.
Does Cosmic Flux Have a Cap in Patch 9.2?
No, you can farm Cosmic Flux repeatedly without any limitations in Eternity's End.
- 14 Apr. 2022: Small correction to the amount of Cosmic Flux granted from various sources.
- 06 Mar. 2022: Changed the number of Cosmic Flux from the Zereth Mortis weekly quest.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Even more Cosmic Flux sources added.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Cosmic Flux sources added.
- 17 Feb. 2022: Guide added.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes