Protection Warrior Tank Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Protection Warrior for each boss of the following raid: Sepulcher of the First Ones. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.5.
On this page, you will find Protection Warrior-specific information to deal with each boss in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Protection Warrior and what you can do to deal with each fight as best as possible.Spell Reflection and Shield Block tips will be frequently updated as the abilities which can be reflected / deflected / blocked can change at any time.
As a note, all information provided was given before the release of Dragonflight and therefore will not reflect any changes made after the release of the Dragonflight Pre-patch.
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
This talent builds works well for every single boss encounter, you can import the loadout as follows:
- Pre-patch Raid:
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Vigilant Guardian.
- Make good use out of Taunt, Challenging Shout, and the taunt reset from Heroic Leap to help you pick up any straggler adds.
- Keep Shield Block up for Dissonance as it is blockable.
- Split Resolution and Wave of Disintegration are reflectable so use Spell Reflection on them.
For more information, please refer to our Vigilant Guardian guide.
Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener.
- Dust Flail, Ravening Burrow and Wormhole Jaws are all blockable, keep Shield Block up for these.
- You can also block the initial hit of Rend, but not the bleed that follows.
- Using Spell Reflection on Ephemera Dust will deflect it.
For more information, please refer to our Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Artificer Xy'mox.
- Debilitating Ray is reflectable.
- You can deflect Relic Collapse with Spell Reflection.
- Use a cooldown like Demoralizing Shout or Shield Wall paired with Ignore Pain for Glyph of Relocation.
Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle.
- Use Spell Reflection on Domination Bolt, Obliteration Arc, and Staggering Barrage.
- Have a defensive up and use Ignore Pain for Infused Strikes to reduce the incoming damage.
For more information, please refer to our Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Prototype Pantheon.
- Animastorm and Sinful Projection can be deflected with Spell Reflection.
- Gloom Bolt, Windswept Wings, and Withering Nova can be reflected with Spell Reflection.
- Use Ignore Pain together with Shield Wall or Demoralizing Shout to reduce the damage taken from Humbling Strikes.
For more information, please refer to our Prototype Pantheon guide.
Lihuvim, Principal Architect
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Lihuvim, Principal Architect.
- You can deflect Degenerate with Spell Reflection.
- You can use Shield Block to block the Physical portion of the Kinetic Resonance.
- Use a cooldown paired with Ignore Pain to reduce the magic damage taken from Sundering Resonance.
For more information, please refer to our Lihuvim, Principal Architect guide.
Halondrus the Reclaimer
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Halondrus the Reclaimer.
- Try to keep Shield Block up for Lance; it is the bosses "auto-attack".
- Have Shield Wall, Demoralizing Shout or Spell Reflection up together with Ignore Pain for Lightshatter Beam.
For more information, please refer to our Halondrus the Reclaimer guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Anduin Wrynn.
- Shield Block will block the Physical portion of Soul Reaper, use Ignore Pain or any defensive cooldown on-top of it for the magical portion.
- Be sure to keep Shield Block up as much as possible when actively tanking to help manage your damage taken when the boss gains more Dark Zeal stacks.
For more information, please refer to our Anduin Wrynn guide.
Lords of Dread
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Lords of Dread.
- Use Shield Block to block the initial hit of Anguishing Strike and also Leeching Claws.
- Spell Reflection can be used against Cloud of Carrion.
- Cover any magic damage parts like the DoT from Anguishing Strike with Ignore Pain and other defensive cooldowns.
For more information, please refer to our Lords of Dread guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Rygelon.
- Keep Shield Block up for Corrupted Strikes to reduce the Physical part of the hit. Use Ignore Pain, Demoralizing Shout, or Shield Wall as needed as it hits hard.
- Gravitational Collapse is not blockable so use Ignore Pain together with Demoralizing Shout or Shield Wall. Call for external defensives as needed.
For more information, please refer to our Rygelon guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Jailer.
- Keep Shield Block up against melees. Unfortunately the abilities themselves are not blockable or reflectable.
- Use Ignore Pain as often as needed to help smooth out the damage intake.
- Spell Reflection, Demoralizing Shout, and Shield Wall paired with Ignore Pain are all effective abilities against magic damage. Try to plan out their usage according to your raid's strategy.
For more information, please refer to our The Jailer guide.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Warrior Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd