Protection Warrior Tank Uldir Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Protection Warrior for each boss of the following raid: Uldir. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Uldir Boss Tips for Protection Warriors
On this page you will find Protection Warrior specific information pertaining to each boss in the Uldir raid.
Additionally, this page assumes you are familiar with the mechanics on each fight. The basics of the tank mechanics are not explained, but rather advice is given on how Protection Warriors can best deal with those mechanics.
The following talent build is used on every boss.
- Level 15: Into the Fray
- Level 25: Bounding Stride
- Level 30: Unstoppable Force
- Level 35: Bolster
- Level 40: Rumbling Earth
- Level 45: Booming Voice
- Level 50: Anger Management
In Phase One and Phase Three, when the boss casts Cudgel of Gore on you, move into the Blood Storm pools to clear them, and just as the boss charges at you use Heroic Leap to jump away to avoid the damage.
Sanitizing Strike can be sidestepped. You do not need to get hit by it whatsoever.
Protection Warriors do extremely well as the "main" tank on this boss. All the damage that you will take on this fight is Physical via the boss' auto attacks, something Protection Warriors are good at dealing with. If you are assigned to be the off tank/ Terrible Thrash tank, make sure you are using your Shield Block charges intelligently since Terrible Thrash is blockable.
Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
Stun the various adds that spawn during this boss with Shockwave.
When Omega Vector is about to expire on you, use Spell Reflection to completely prevent the stack of Lingering Infection that you would normally get. Generally, tanks avoid getting the Omega Vector, but as a Protection Warrior purposefully taking every other Omega Vector can be extremely beneficial to your raid (assuming you can survive the extra damage) as you greatly decrease the total number of stacks your raid gets.
During Phase Two, the Rupturing Blood DoT deals a substantial amount of damage. You can have a Paladin cast Blessing of Protection on you to immediately remove your stacks. Note that this also immediately drops the puddle as well. Make sure you are in a good spot for dropping the puddle.
Mythrax the Unraveler
You can completely prevent the application of Explosive Corruption by using Spell Reflection before it is cast. Plan your taunt swaps around this. The cooldown on Spell Reflection allows you to reflect every other cast.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 29 Sep. 2018: Added note about Spell Reflection on Vectis.
- 10 Sep. 2018: Added tips for each boss.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added (empty for now).
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes