Subtlety Rogue Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Subtlety Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption Powers to Buy For Subtlety Rogues
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the corruptions on your gear without any RNG involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
Subtlety Rogue does not have any Corruption that would be the best in every situation, so what you want mainly comes down to whether you want Corruptions for raiding or Mythic+. For Mythic+, Twilight Devastation is always a good choice, due to the amount of AoE damage it does, whilst for raiding, Infinite Stars and Twisted Appendage are the best ones. Severe and Strikethrough are decent choices for all types of content, as they perform well in both single-target and AoE situations. Gushing Wound, even after being nerfed, still remains as a good choice for single-target and is not as swingy as Infinite Stars or Twisted Appendages.
Best Corruptions for Subtlety Rogue
- Severe is one of the best corruptions as it is good in both single-target and AoE situations.
- Gushing Wound is still a solid choice and it does not have as big variance from fight to fight as other corruptions such as Infinite Stars and Twisted Appendage.
- Infinite Stars is great on single-target on high item level items (475 iLvl and higher), but it loses value quite a bit when you have any adds during the encounter.
- Twisted Appendage is a solid choice and fairly easy to acquire, as the corruption is guaranteed on the dagger from Carapace of N'zoth.
- Twilight Devastation is the best corruption in AoE situations such as Mythic+.
- Lash of the Void performs well in AoE fights, but you can only use the weapon in your off-hand.
Corruption Effect Simulations
There are 2 types of simulations that can be done for the Corrupted effects: DPS per Corruption, and overall DPS gain. In theory, DPS per Corruption is more important early on, due to there being an upper limit on how much Corruption you can effectively wield without getting yourself killed by your own effects. Later, or as you become comfortable dealing with Corruption's negatives, you should pay more attention to the overall DPS sims. Below, we have listed both types of simulations:
DPS per Corruption on Single Target
Overall DPS from Corruption on Single Target
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, will have a special on-use effect that clears all Corruption effects from you. This should be used if you get hit by a Thing From Beyond while above 60 Corruption. Otherwise, use it whenever you are in a very sticky situation, such as being slowed inside a void zone. You should also use it if you are meant to be stacked with your group, and you get multiple Eyes of Corruption on you.
How Much Corruption Should I Run as a Subtlety Rogue
Generally speaking, anything below 40 is considered safe and can be used in all situations. If the content you are doing is easy, and you are confident that the negative effects are not going to be a problem, you can run up to 59 corruption. We do not recommend running above 60 in any sort of competitive environment.
- 25 May 2020: Page updated with recommended corruptions from MOTHER.
- 14 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- Exclusive Wrath of the Lich King Commemorative Server Blades on Sale in China
- Stranglethorn Vale Recreated in Unreal Engine 4
- Game Director Ion Hazzikostas on Blood/Void Elf Blue Eyes
- Warcraft Short Story: "A Moment in Verse"
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Until June 2nd
- Levling 1-50 Takes Under 4 Hours on Shadowlands Alpha
- Layers Added to WoW Classic Realms: May 29th
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour