Arcane Mage DPS Crucible of Storms Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Arcane Mage for each boss of the following raid: Crucible of Storms. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
This page will be a talent cheatsheet and Arcane Mage-specific tips page for Crucible of Storms. For an actual strategy on the encounters, you should check the raid guide.
Arcane Mage in Crucible of Storms
Both of the encounters favour multi-dotting classes. Since Arcane Mage lacks any type of multi-dotting ability when enemies are spread out, Arcane Mage will look weaker on logs than it might actually be in practice.
The Restless Cabal
Depending on what your group is struggling with, you can opt into more cleave DPS by swapping to Resonance and/or Nether Tempest.
The job of an Arcane Mage on this fight is to focus on quickly killing priority targets and boss DPS.
Use Shimmer to quickly get far away from the group when Crushing Doubt is about to expire, and then use Displacement to go back.
If your group's strategy allows getting multiple stacks of Promises of Power, you should make sure you line up your cooldowns like Rune of Power and Arcane Power when you have 9 stacks of this buff (or any other high amount of stacks that your strategy allows).
Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
If needed, you can spec into Resonance, Reverberate, and Arcane Orb to assist in killing the Swarming Voidspawns in Phase 3, depending on strategy used for the boss. This is however not the strength of an Arcane Mage on this fight, so you should only opt to go this route if your group really needs the additional add DPS.
Shimmer can be used to evade Piercing Gaze of N'Zoth.
During Gift of N'Zoth: Lunacy, try to avoid Arcane Barrage to reduce damage done to raid members.
Avoid using cooldowns while you have the 50% reduced damage done debuff from Storm of Annihilation.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 May 2019: Added more tips.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2