Battle for Azeroth Reputations Guide (BfA 8.1)
Welcome to the BFA Reputations guide, where we will go over the reputations found across Kul Tiras and Zandalar, the rewards available for achieving higher reputation levels, where the reputation quartermasters can be found, and recommendations on which reputations to push for certain professions!
1. Reputation Requirements and Rewards
Reputations are a very important part of progressing your character in the Battle for Azeroth. Reputations unlock Allied Races when you complete exalted with either 7th Legion or The Honorbound along with the Ready for War (Alliance) / Ready for War (Horde) achievement. As in the past, reputations must be progressed in order to unlock Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part One which will immediately grant you increased movement speed within Kul Tiras and Zandalar and eventually flying later in time. In order to unlock Pathfinder, you will need to progress reputations to revered for all three of your faction's zones, the Tortollan Seekers, and the Champions of Azeroth. Reputations also unlock numerous profession recipes and patterns at honored and revered, many toys and pets at honored and revered, and several mounts and tabards at exalted reputation.
2. Earning Reputation
Earning reputation in Kul Tiras and Zandalar can be done by almost any activity. You will passively unlock friendly reputation with each of your faction areas as you complete quests. At maximum level, World Quests will provide many opportunities to gain reputation in small amounts for each World Quest or one large amount per daily emissary. Warfronts will provide an opportunity to progress the 7th Legion and The Honorbound by means of Warfront contribution quests. Mission table rewards can grant tokens that boost your reputation level by a small amount. Despite this bonus being granted in small amounts, it can very quickly add up to a massive bonus to your most important factions, such as Champions of Azeroth. Even pet battles can grant reputation!
Almost all quests in a zone will award reputation for that zone's faction. Be sure to go back and do all of the side quests in a zone in order to maximize your reputation gains. More reputation means more and faster access to gear and other world content. Each day, you should prioritize doing all of the World Quests that you are able to do, especially the ones in on the opposite faction's island for 7th Legion or Honorbound reputation in order to unlock the ninth Mythic dungeon and all parts of the War Campaign. Maintaining your mission table and champions will also prove to be a fruitful method of reputation acquisition as your champions and troops work passively to acquire reputation rewards while you actively earn reputation through World Quests, island expeditions, and other means!
There are special ways to increase your reputation gains with the reputations found in Kul Tiras and Zandalar even quicker! There are a few special events that should be noted for those trying to boost their reputation levels as fast as possible.
- The Darkmoon Faire provides a few perks including being able to ride the carousel and obtain the buff WHEE! which increases reputation gains by 10% for 1 hour.
- Hallow's End provides an opportunity to obtain a buff that boosts reputation gains by 10% for 2 hours by acquiring the buffs Unburdened or Grim Visage.
- The Pilgrim Bounty event has the buff The Spirit of Sharing which increases reputation gains by 10% for 1 hour.
If you were to turn in an emissary chest on a day where either the Darkmoon Faire buff was available or either of the buffs from the holiday events, your reputation reward would be boosted from 1,500 to 1,650! Stacking these events is even more beneficial! The following is a list of dates and when the reputation increasing events are happening:
- September 2 to September 8 - Darkmoon Faire
- October 7 to October 13 - Darkmoon Faire
- October 9 to October 15 - World Quest Bonus!
- October 18 to October 31 - Hallow's End
- November 4 to November 10 - Darkmoon Faire
- November 16 - WoW 14th Anniversary
- November 19 to November 26 - Pilgrim's Bounty
- November 27 to December 3 - World Quest Bonus!
- December 2 to December 8 - Darkmoon Faire
Each of these events should be taken advantage of to the maximum! Of special note is the magical overlapping of the Darkmoon Faire with the World Quest Bonus event happening from October 9 to October 13. With the 50% bonus from the World Quest Bonus event and the 10% buff from the Darkmoon Faire, this will be a prime time to grind out reputation levels! Also to note is the WoW 14th Anniversary event which usually comes with a reusable token that increases experience and reputation by a percentage equal to the anniversary in years. This year, we expect the buff to boost reputation gains by 14%. It will be important to ensure that the buff from this item is up during the entire anniversary event!
3. Patch 8.1 Changes and Additions
Patch 8.1 has introduced new reputation items that can be purchased using Seafarer's Dubloons earned in Island Expeditions. These items can be purchased for 100 of the Seafarer's Dubloons and grant 250 of the reputation linked to the item purchased. This can be used as a great catchup mechanic for reputations needed for the primary reputations in Battle for Azeroth. The specific items can be found in each of our reputation guide pages.
Patch 8.1 added paragon reputation awards, similar to what was offered in Legion, except these caches will not contain mounts as rewards. Earning the paragon caches requires acquiring 10,000 reputation after hitting exalted. The rewards will be Azerite, gold, and some random materials as well as the following toys and recipes:
3.1. Champions of Azeroth
3.2. Tortollan Seekers
3.3. 7th Legion
3.4. Order of Embers
3.5. Proudmoore Admiralty
3.6. Storm's Wake
Storm's Wake Supplies can contain the pet, the Violet Abyssal Eel, or the Inscription technique that allows Frost Mages to change the appearance of their water elemental in the Technique: Glyph of Storm's Wake.
3.8. Talanji's Expedition
3.10. Zandalari Empire
See below for the guide links of what each quartermaster sells including a short summary above the table with desirable items such as profession recipes, toys, mounts, and pets.
4. Shared Faction Reputations
5. Alliance Factions
- 7th Legion Reputation Guide
- Order of Embers Reputation Guide
- Proudmoore Admiralty Reputation Guide
- Storm's Wake Reputation Guide
6. Horde Factions
- The Honorbound Reputation Guide
- Talanji's Expedition Reputation Guide
- Voldunai Reputation Guide
- Zandalari Empire Reputation Guide
7. Profession Summary
This section will summarize the profession patterns you may want to aim for based on what professions you or your guild may need early on to prepare for dungeons, raids, warfronts, island expeditions, and world PvP against the other faction!
|Profession||Pattern||Alliance Faction||Horde Faction|
|Alchemy||Strength Potion||7th Legion||The Honorbound|
|Alchemy||Agility Potion||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Alchemy||Intellect Potion||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Alchemy||Stamina Potion||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Alchemy||Strength Flask||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Alchemy||Agility Flask||7th Legion||The Honorbound|
|Alchemy||Intellect Flask||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Alchemy||Stamina Flask||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Enchanting||Ring - Haste (Pact)||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Enchanting||Ring - Crit (Pact)||7th Legion||The Honorbound|
|Enchanting||Ring - Crit (Seal)||Tortollan Seekers||Tortollan Seekers|
|Enchanting||Ring - Mastery (Pact)||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Enchanting||Ring - Versatility (Pact)||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Masterful Navigation||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Siphoning||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Deadly Navigation||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Stalwart Navigation||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Gale-Force Striking||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Versatile Navigation||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Inscription||Darkmoon Card of War||Tortollan Seekers||Tortollan Seekers|
|Tailoring||30 Slot Bag||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Engineering||Haste Scope||7th Legion||The Honorbound|
Thank you for reading the Battle for Azeroth reputation guide! We hope that this helped you determine your optimal path of pushing your reputation levels up for profession recipe access, pets, toys, tabards, mounts, and some gear!
- 11 Dec. 2018: Added paragon cache rewards.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Added information about Island Expedition reputation items and paragon caches.
- 11 Aug. 2018: Added information about reputation acquisition methods and events when reputation gains can be increased.
- 10 Aug. 2018: Added BfA reputations guide.
- Tides of Vengeance Live Developer Q&A Roundup: December 14th
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 13th
- New Store Fox Mount: Vulpine Familiar
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 12th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #31
- New Food in Patch 8.1
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Item Level 385 Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Fury Warrior 8.0.1
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Top 3 BfA addons must have
- 5 year absence (Oct. 2013) needs help getting back right. Holy/Ret
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1