Battle for Azeroth Reputations Guide (BfA 8.0.1)
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Reputation Requirements and Rewards
- 3. Earning Reputation
- 4. Shared Faction Reputations
- 5. Alliance Factions
- 6. Horde Factions
- 7. Profession Summary
- 8. Conclusion
- 9. ChangeLog
Welcome to the BFA Reputations guide, where we will go over the reputations found across Kul Tiras and Zandalar, the rewards available for achieving higher reputation levels, where the reputation quartermasters can be found, and recommendations on which reputations to push for certain professions!
2. Reputation Requirements and Rewards
Reputations are a very important part of progressing your character in the Battle for Azeroth. Reputations unlock Allied Races when you complete exalted with either 7th Legion or The Honorbound along with the Ready for War (Alliance) / Ready for War (Horde) achievement. As in the past, reputations must be progressed in order to unlock Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part One which will immediately grant you increased movement speed within Kul Tiras and Zandalar and eventually flying later in time. In order to unlock Pathfinder, you will need to progress reputations to revered for all three of your faction's zones, the Tortollan Seekers, and the Champions of Azeroth. Reputations also unlock numerous profession recipes and patterns at honored and revered, many toys and pets at honored and revered, and several mounts and tabards at exalted reputation.
3. Earning Reputation
Earning reputation in Kul Tiras and Zandalar can be done by almost any activity. You will passively unlock friendly reputation with each of your faction areas as you complete quests. At maximum level, World Quests will provide many opportunities to gain reputation in small amounts for each world quest or one large amount per daily emissary. Warfronts will provide an opportunity to progress the 7th Legion and The Honorbound by means of Warfront contribution quests. Mission table rewards can grant tokens that boost your reputation level by a small amount. Despite this bonus being granted in small amounts, it can very quickly add up to a massive bonus to your most important factions, such as Champions of Azeroth. Even pet battles can grant reputation!
There are special ways to increase your reputation gains with the reputations found in Kul Tiras and Zandalar even quicker! There are a few special events that should be noted for those trying to boost their reputation levels as fast as possible.
- The Darkmoon Faire provides a few perks including being able to ride the carousel and obtain the buff WHEE! which increases reputation gains by 10% for 1 hour.
- Hallow's End provides an opportunity to obtain a buff that boosts reputation gains by 10% for 2 hours by acquiring the buffs Unburdened or Grim Visage.
- The Pilgrim Bounty event has the buff The Spirit of Sharing which increases reputation gains by 10% for 1 hour.
If you were to turn in an emissary chest on a day where either the Darkmoon Faire buff was available or either of the buffs from the holiday events, your reputation reward would be boosted from 1,500 to 1,650! Stacking these events is even more beneficial! The following is a list of dates and when the reputation increasing events are happening:
- September 2 to September 8 - Darkmoon Faire
- October 7 to October 13 - Darkmoon Faire
- October 9 to October 15 - World Quest Bonus!
- October 18 to October 31 - Hallow's End
- November 4 to November 10 - Darkmoon Faire
- November 16 - WoW 14th Anniversary
- November 19 to November 26 - Pilgrim's Bounty
- November 27 to December 3 - World Quest Bonus!
- December 2 to December 8 - Darkmoon Faire
Each of these events should be taken advantage of to the maximum! Of special note is the magical overlapping of the Darkmoon Faire with the World Quest Bonus event happening from October 9 to October 13. With the 50% bonus from the World Quest Bonus event and the 10% buff from the Darkmoon Faire, this will be a prime time to grind out reputation levels! Also to note is the WoW 14th Anniversary event which usually comes with a reusable token that increases experience and reputation by a percentage equal to the anniversary in years. This year, we expect the buff to boost reputation gains by 14%. It will be important to ensure that the buff from this item is up during the entire anniversary event!
See below for the guide links of what each quartermaster sells including a short summary above the table with desirable items such as profession recipes, toys, mounts, and pets.
4. Shared Faction Reputations
5. Alliance Factions
- 7th Legion Reputation Guide
- Order of Embers Reputation Guide
- Proudmoore Admiralty Reputation Guide
- Storm's Wake Reputation Guide
6. Horde Factions
- The Honorbound Reputation Guide
- Talanji's Expedition Reputation Guide
- Voldunai Reputation Guide
- Zandalari Empire Reputation Guide
7. Profession Summary
This section will summarize the profession patterns you may want to aim for based on what professions you or your guild may need early on to prepare for dungeons, raids, warfronts, island expeditions, and world PvP against the other faction!
|Profession||Pattern||Alliance Faction||Horde Faction|
|Alchemy||Strength Potion||7th Legion||The Honorbound|
|Alchemy||Agility Potion||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Alchemy||Intellect Potion||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Alchemy||Stamina Potion||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Alchemy||Strength Flask||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Alchemy||Agility Flask||7th Legion||The Honorbound|
|Alchemy||Intellect Flask||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Alchemy||Stamina Flask||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Enchanting||Ring - Haste (Pact)||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Enchanting||Ring - Crit (Pact)||7th Legion||The Honorbound|
|Enchanting||Ring - Crit (Seal)||Tortollan Seekers||Tortollan Seekers|
|Enchanting||Ring - Mastery (Pact)||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Enchanting||Ring - Versatility (Pact)||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Masterful Navigation||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Siphoning||Proudmoore Admiralty||Talanji's Expedition|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Deadly Navigation||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Stalwart Navigation||Storm's Wake||Zandalari Empire|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Gale-Force Striking||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Enchanting||Weapon - Versatile Navigation||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Inscription||Darkmoon Card of War||Tortollan Seekers||Tortollan Seekers|
|Tailoring||30 Slot Bag||Order of Embers||Voldunai|
|Engineering||Haste Scope||7th Legion||The Honorbound|
Thank you for reading the Battle for Azeroth reputation guide! We hope that this helped you determine your optimal path of pushing your reputation levels up for profession recipe access, pets, toys, tabards, mounts, and some gear!
- 11 Aug. 2018: Added information about reputation acquisition methods and events when reputation gains can be increased.
- 10 Aug. 2018: Added BfA reputations guide.
- Blue Posts Roundup: August 21st
- Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes: August 20th
- Blizzard at Gamescom: Azshara + New OW Shorts, Cosplay and More
- First BfA Developer Q&A Coming this Thursday
- Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes: August 17th
- Thin Human Customization Options in Battle for Azeroth
- 2018 Arena World Championship Fall Season Announced
- Blue Posts Roundup: August 17th
- Fury Warrior 8.0.1
- Balance Druid 8.0.1
- Arcane Mage 8.0.1
- Holy Priest 8.0.1
- Enhancement Shaman 8.0.1
- Survival Hunter 8.0.1
- Discipline Priest 8.0.1
- Mission Table - Guide
- Subtlety Rogue 8.0.1
- Survival Hunter 8.0.1
- AoE Tanking in Dungeons
- Affliction Warlock 8.0.1
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.0.1
- Frost Mage 8.0.1
- Restoration Shaman 8.0.1
- Assassination Rogue 8.0.1