Elemental Shaman Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Elemental Shaman before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Elemental Shaman Torghast Guide
While this guide focuses on Torghast, Tower of the Damned, its lessons can be applied to any solo content, including world questing and leveling.
Elemental Shamans have an incredible toolkit at their disposal, and we highly recommend you familiarize yourself with it by reading our section on Elemental Utility.
Elemental's flexibility comes in handy in Torghast, as do its powerful cooldowns. As there is no time limit on Torghast pulling small and steadily to avoid deaths is a very viable way to progress. Alternatively, you could wait between pulls for your various cooldowns to be available (and pick talents, legendary and anima powers to boost this "patient man" strategy). This might be handy as Elemental is a fairly fragile class without its cooldowns, although its self-sustain is quite reasonable. This weakness largely goes away if multiple players are present, but a solo Elemental has to play cautiously and will likely need to kite a lot.
Best Torghast Talents for Elemental Shamans
The talents recommended below apply to Torghast / general soloing. If you are looking for a general overview of Elemental talents, check our main page below:
|15||? Earthen Rage||✓ Echo of the Elements||✗ Static Discharge|
|25||✓ Aftershock||✓ Echoing Shock||✓ Elemental Blast|
|30||✗ Spirit Wolf||✓ Earth Shield||? Static Charge|
|35||✓ Master of the Elements||? Storm Elemental||✓ Liquid Magma Totem|
|40||✓ Nature's Guardian||✓ Ancestral Guidance||✗ Wind Rush Totem|
|45||✗ Surge of Power||✓ Primal Elementalist||✓ Icefury|
|50||✗ Unlimited Power||✓ Stormkeeper||? Ascendance|
A few of these talent choices will depend on whether you want to wait (and how much) between pulls in order to do every pull with massive cooldowns. If you just want to move forward without waiting and are confident you should not need these additional cooldowns to survive, you should probably avoid Storm Elemental and Ascendance.
Best Torghast Covenant / Soulbind / Conduits for Elemental Shamans
While the recommendations here apply to Torghast / general soloing, feel free to check the Covenant page for full details on everything this system has to offer.
Our suggested soulbinds and trees are assuming solo play. If you are going in with a full party, these may change significantly. Moreover, the value of different conduits varies wildly depending on conduit rank. These trees currently assume very low conduit ranks.
At early levels of renown you might not have your optimal soulbind available. For example, Korayn or Forgelite Prime Mikanikos are great for Torghast but unavailable for 6 weeks. We will update this guide later in the expansion when your third soulbind unlocks.
Your options vary between Covenants:
|Necrolord||Plague Deviser Marileth||Marileth Tree|
|Venthyr||Theotar the Mad Duke||Theotar Tree|
|Night Fae||Dreamweaver||Dreamweaver Tree|
As a solo player, Refreshing Waters is very handy and what we personally recommend using as a non-Potency conduit if at all possible. Call of Flame is fantastic in Torghast, especially if you are willing to wait between pulls.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Elemental Shamans
- Stable Phantasma Lure
- Echoes of Great Sundering
- Skybreaker's Fiery Demise
- Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence
Best Torghast Legendaries for "Full Cooldowns" Pulls
Stable Phantasma Lure is a specialized Torghast legendary that increases your Phantasma gains when used. While this does not increase your damage or survivability directly, it allows you to buy more (or better) Anima Powers throughout your run, and these are your biggest power source while in Torghast, especially towards the end of a run.
Echoes of Great Sundering is the best "brute force" option for stacked AoE. Big pulls where you can chaincast without interruption and the enemies are stacked together will greatly benefit from this legendary, although this might mean you have to tank the enemies so they stay in the earthquakes.
Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence is the best single-target damage option for continuous fighting, and the added mobility is quite helpful as well.
For extra alternatives and full descriptions, be sure to check out all the Legendaries on our guide below!
Best Anima Powers for Elemental Shaman
Many of the powers listed have changed or will be changed before Shadowlands goes live. Due to the nature of data mining, it is possible that the tooltips and functionality described is not accurate for some of them, and we will be updating this guide with the correct tooltips and functionality as things become clearer over time.
Anima Powers are only available inside Torghast and need to be found or bought with Phantasma. You can accumulate and stack multiple of these (including copies of the same power), and pairing them together synergistically is a big part of what makes Torghast fun!
While this also means that the value of each Anima Power can only be evaluated in the context of the powers you already have, we will try to give you an idea of the potential behind each of them in the S - C tier list below.
Due to the complexity of ranking so many powers which can synergize with each other, consider this list very provisional, although it should still give you useful pointers. Only class Anima powers are on this guide so far, it will be updated with all the general Anima powers shortly.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful powers; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these powers are either slightly weaker than S Tier powers or more situational, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: below-average powers that should be picked only when you have strong synergies with them already set up, or in the absence of S or A Tier powers.
- C Tier: weak powers that have little impact on your Torghast outcome and should be avoided whenever possible.
For a complete list of Anima Powers available to Shamans, please refer to the pages linked just below.
- Flames of the Cauldron — Flame Shock's damage over time effect now happens 20% more frequently.
- Storm Conduit — Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning damage increased by 30%.
- Call of Lightning — Increases the damage of your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning and Storm Elemental by 30%.
- Call of Earth — Increases the damage of your Earth Shock, Earthquake and Earth Elemental by 40%.
- Wailing Winds — Wind Shear cooldown reduced by 3 sec.
- Magma Fist — Lava Burst knocks the target away from you.
- Guardian's Cudgel — Capacitor Totem stun duration increased by 100%, and when Capacitor Totem fades, another Capacitor Totem is automatically dropped in the same place.
- Deathseer's Whip — Dropping a totem grants your party 15 sec of Bloodlust/ Heroism. This can only occur once every 30 sec.
- Leeching Lilypad — Hex now drains 2% of the target's maximum health every 2 sec, healing you for the amount drained. This damage will not break Hex.
- Improved Healing Surge — Healing Surge restores 100% more health.
- Totemic Slam — Whenever you summon a Totem, it causes an Earthquake at its location.
- Might of the Worldsplitter — Whenever Earthquake knocks an enemy down, you generate 12 Maelstrom.
- Tectonic Storm — Chain Lightning always causes an Elemental Overload against enemies standing in your Earthquake
- Shake the Foundations — Casting Earthquake automatically casts Chain Lightning at 1 random enemy in the Earthquake
- Generosity of the Winged Seer — Vesper Totem's damage or healing is increased by 50% for each respective charge consumed.
- Unquenchable Flame — Flame Shock lasts forever.
- Elemental Conduit — Targets hit by Chain Harvest have Riptide (allies) or Flame Shock (enemies) applied to them.
- Crystallized Elemental Heart — Chain Harvest doubles the damage of your next 5 Chain Lightnings and the healing of your next 5 Chain Heals.
- Hourglass of Soul Dust — Primordial Wave has 2 additional charges.
- Galvanizing Nimbus — Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning and their overloads cause your Thunderstorm to deal 150% increased damage, stacking up to 30 times.
- All-Consuming Blaze — Fire damage dealt by you and your summons increases the damage the target takes from your Lava Burst by 3%, stacking up to 99 times.
- Farseer's Gift — Gain the Aftershock talent
- Farseer's Invocation — Gain the Master of the Elements talent
- Mountains Will Fall — Your Mastery now affects Earthquake, allowing it to cause an Elemental Overload.
- Vial of Soothing Waters — Healing Stream Totem healing amount increased by 100%.
- Seeds of Rampant Growth — Fae Transfusion resets the cooldown of Fire Elemental.
- Violent Tremors — Earthquake's damage is increased by 20%, or by 50% if it damages only one enemy
- Blood of Heroes — Your first Bloodlust/ Heroism on a floor does not cause the Exhausted/Sated effect, and will apply even if Exhausted/Sated.
- Vesperwind Bit — Vesper Totem will work on 1 additional damage and 1 additional healing event.
- Deeptremor Stone — Earth Elemental has a permanent Earthquake attached to it.
- Splintered Elemental Rod — Each Lava Burst generated by Primordial Wave increases your Haste by 10% for 10 sec.
- Spike of the Ice Guardian — Frost Shock instantly kills targets below 10% Health.
- Farseer's Cypher — Gain the Earthen Rage talent
- Earthen Resonance — Your Intellect is increased by 10% for each Earthquake you have active.
- Lingering Reverberations — Earthquake lasts 2 sec longer.
- Unstable Terrain — Earthquake reduces enemies' movement speed by 30%.
- Farseer's Legacy — Gain the Nature's Guardian talent
- Astral Bulwark — Astral Shift duration increased by 10 sec.
- Ghost Bone — Ghost Wolf increases your speed by an additional 20%.
- Ancestral Fury — Bloodlust/ Heroism grants an additional 10% Haste.
- Ignan Oblation — Summoning your Storm Elemental/ Fire Elemental causes you to gain Ascendance for 10 sec.
- Tsunami Relic — While below 50%, your healing spells cast 20% faster.
- Wildzeal Wraps — Reduce the cooldown of Vesper Totem by 5 seconds.
- Heart of the Deathseer — Standing within 10 yards of a totem heals you for 3% of Total Health every 2 seconds.
- Deathseer's Satchel — Placing a totem causes you to drop another, random totem.
- By Fire Be Purged — Successfully Purging an enemy casts Lava Burst at them.
- Blood Stained Gauntlet — Critical Strike chance of Chain Harvest increased by 10%.
- Fossilized Bone Fragments — Primordial Wave increases the damage of your next Lightning Bolt by 25%.
- Bloody Thorn Stalk — Fae Transfusion channel duration and periodic damage frequency reduced by 15%.
- Crystalline Leaf — Fae Transfusion cooldown reduced by 15 sec.
- Rimeblood — Frost Shock reduces all damage the target deals by 25% for 10 sec.
- Thermal Harmony — Casting Flame Shock also casts Frost Shock.
- Mawrats on Ice — Frost Shock freezes Mawrats in a block of ice, killing them instantly.
- Blessing of Ahune — Frost Shock reduces movement speed by an additional 20% and lasts 6 sec longer.
- Deadened Earth — Cooldown of Earth Elemental reduced by 20%.
- Deathseer Choker — Each active totem increases your damage and healing by 5%.
- Elemental Core — Each Lava Surge buff you consume increases the damage of Lava Burst by 1%. After generating 50 stacks, the cooldown of Lava Burst is reduced by 50%. (The value of this anima power is highly dependent on how early you get it)
- Flowing Streams — When Healing Stream Totem heals a target, you also cast a free, instant Chain Heal at the same target.
- Farseer's Lesson — Gain the Spirit Wolf talent
- Farseer's Ultimatum — Gain the Unlimited Power talent.
- Cracking Fissure — Earthquake is 30% larger.
Best Trinket for Elemental Shamans in Torghast
It is too soon to tell which trinkets will be the best, but this section will be filled as we gather more info post-launch, as will the general gear page below:
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 7
- Player Counts All Anima Items... and It's a Bit Much
- How to Get the Carpal Pet in Shadowlands
- Threads of Fate Free Covenant Switch Methods
- Patch 9.0.2 and Classic Hotfixes: January 20th
- Huge Spell Batching Changes: Classic 1.13.7 PTR
- Stoneborn Brought Into Battleground Potential Exploit
- Players Can Do Mythic+ Below Level 60!