Elemental Shaman Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Elemental Shaman before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Elemental Shaman Torghast Guide
While this guide focuses on Torghast, Tower of the Damned, its lessons can be applied to any solo content, including world questing and leveling.
Elemental Shamans have an incredible toolkit at their disposal, and we highly recommend you familiarize yourself with it by reading our section on Elemental Utility.
Elemental's flexibility comes in handy in Torghast, as do its powerful cooldowns. As there is no time limit on Torghast pulling small and steadily to avoid deaths is a very viable way to progress. Alternatively, you could wait between pulls for your various cooldowns to be available (and pick talents, Legendary and anima powers to boost this "patient man" strategy). This might be handy as Elemental is a fairly fragile class without its cooldowns, although its self-sustain is quite reasonable. This weakness largely goes away if multiple players are present, but a solo Elemental has to play cautiously and will likely need to kite a lot.
Best Torghast Talents for Elemental Shamans
The talents recommended below apply to Torghast / general soloing. If you are looking for a general overview of Elemental talents, check our main page below:
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
This uses the Elemental Equilibrium legendary.
As a variant you can essentially get the generic single-target build and use the Echoes of Great Sundering legendary. Note that the Echoes of Great Sundering legendary does NOT work with Elemental Blast, unlike the talent.
You can also try a fire-focused multiDoT build but it is not going to beat the Lightning builds currently. There are many variants, but generally something like what is below is used. You can also import it directly into the game using the following string:
A few of these talent choices will depend on whether you want to wait (and how much) between pulls in order to do every pull with massive cooldowns. If you just want to move forward without waiting and are confident you should not need these additional cooldowns to survive, you should probably avoid Storm Elemental and Ascendance.
Best Torghast Covenant / Soulbind / Conduits for Elemental Shamans
While the recommendations here apply to Torghast / general soloing, feel free to check the Covenant page for full details on everything this system has to offer.
Our suggested Soulbinds and trees are assuming solo play. If you are going in with a full party, these may change significantly. Moreover, the value of different Conduits varies wildly depending on Conduit rank. These trees currently assume low Conduit ranks.
Your options vary between Covenants:
|Necrolord||Bonesmith Heirmir||Heirmir Tree|
|Venthyr||Theotar the Mad Duke||Theotar Tree|
|Night Fae||Korayn||Korayn Tree|
As a solo player, Refreshing Waters is very handy and what we personally recommend using as a non-Potency Conduit if at all possible. Call of Flame is fantastic in Torghast, especially if you are willing to wait between pulls. You lose its value once you get double Deadened Earth however so alternatively, use your Covenant Conduit.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Elemental Shamans
- Echoes of Great Sundering
- Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence
- Skybreaker's Fiery Demise
- Stable Phantasma Lure
Echoes of Great Sundering is the best "brute force" option for stacked AoE. Big pulls where you can chaincast without interruption and the enemies are stacked together will greatly benefit from this Legendary, although this might mean you have to tank the enemies so they stay in the earthquakes.
Skybreaker's Fiery Demise is a good alternative for multidotting and kiting, especially if you use Primal Elementalist.
Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence is the best single-target damage option for continuous fighting, and the added mobility is quite helpful as well.
Deeptremor Stone (does not stack with the Anima Power) and Ancestral Reminder are fantastic options for single pulls, especially if you are able and willing to wait between pulls to ensure a clean run.
Stable Phantasma Lure is a specialized Torghast Legendary that increases your Phantasma gains when used. While this does not increase your damage or survivability directly, it allows you to buy more (or better) Anima Powers throughout your run; these are your biggest power source while in Torghast, especially towards the end of a run.
For extra alternatives and full descriptions, be sure to check out all the Legendaries on our guide below!
Best Anima Powers for Elemental Shaman
Anima Powers are only available inside Torghast and need to be found or bought with Phantasma. You can accumulate and stack multiple of these (including copies of the same power), and pairing them together synergistically is a big part of what makes Torghast fun!
While this also means that the value of each Anima Power can only be evaluated in the context of the powers you already have, we will try to give you an idea of the potential behind each of them in the S - C tier list below.
Due to the complexity of ranking so many powers which can synergize with each other, consider this list very provisional, although it should still give you useful pointers. Only class Anima powers are on this guide so far, it will be updated with all the general Anima powers shortly.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful powers; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these powers are either slightly weaker than S Tier powers or more situational, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: below-average powers that should be picked only when you have strong synergies with them already set up, or in the absence of S or A Tier powers.
- C Tier: weak powers that have little impact on your Torghast outcome and should be avoided whenever possible.
For a complete list of Anima Powers available to Shamans, please refer to the pages linked just below.
The "Easy Win" combo
With Primal Elementalist, if you can get Deeptremor Stone and two Deadened Earth you can have your Primal Earth Elemental permanently up, which should make it impossible to die unless you pull half a floor, and it will do constant high damage around itself. This is not foolproof in high level Twisting Corridors where things hit extremely hard. There, you will want to get some max-Health related anima powers to help, as this scales your elemental's Health as well.
- Deeptremor Stone — Earth Elemental has a permanent Earthquake attached to it.
- Deadened Earth — Cooldown of Earth Elemental reduced by 40%.
- Storm Conduit — Nature and Frost damage increased by 50%.
- Deathseer's Whip — Dropping a totem grants your party 15 sec of Bloodlust/ Heroism. This can only occur once every 30 sec.
- Depleted Tesla Coil — Gain the effect of Stormkeeper every 15 seconds.
- Bottle of Swirling Maelstrom — Increases Earthquake and Earth Shock damage. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Elemental Core — Each Lava Surge buff you consume increases the damage of Lava Burst by 1%. After generating 50 stacks, the cooldown of Lava Burst is reduced by 50%. (The value of this Anima Power is highly dependent on how early you get it)
- Flames of the Cauldron — Flame Shock's damage over time effect now happens 20% more frequently.
- Wailing Winds — Wind Shear's cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
- Elemental Conduit — Targets hit by Chain Harvest have Riptide (allies) or Flame Shock (enemies) applied to them.
- Crystallized Elemental Heart — Chain Harvest doubles the damage of your next 5 Chain Lightnings and the healing of your next 5 Chain Heals.
- Hourglass of Soul Dust — Primordial Wave has 2 additional charges.
- Farseer's Gift — Gain an additional Level 25 talent
- Farseer's Invocation — Gain an additional Level 35 talent
- Vial of Soothing Waters — Healing Stream Totem healing amount increased by 100%.
- Guardian's Cudgel — Capacitor Totem's stun duration increased by 100%, and when Capacitor Totem fades, another Capacitor Totem is automatically dropped in the same place.
- Shake the Foundations — Casting Earthquake automatically casts Chain Lightning at 1 random enemy in the Earthquake
- Seeds of Rampant Growth — Fae Transfusion resets the cooldown of Fire Elemental.
- Blood of Heroes — Your first Bloodlust/ Heroism on a floor does not cause its cooldown or the Exhausted/Sated effect, and will apply even if Exhausted/Sated.
- Vesperwind Bit — Vesper Totem will work on 1 additional damage and 1 additional healing event.
- Flowing Streams — When Healing Stream Totem heals a target, you also cast a free, instant Chain Heal at the same target.
- Leeching Lilypad — Hex drains 2% of the target's maximum health every 2 sec, healing you for the amount drained. This damage will not break Hex.
- Generosity of the Winged Seer — Vesper Totem's damage or healing is increased by 50% for each respective charge consumed.
- Splintered Elemental Rod — Each Lava Burst generated by Primordial Wave increases your Haste by 10% for 10 sec.
- Spike of the Ice Guardian — Frost Shock instantly kills targets below 10% Health.
- Farseer's Cypher — Gain an additional Level 15 talent
- Farseer's Legacy — Gain the Nature's Guardian talent
- Astral Bulwark — Astral Shift duration increased by 10 sec.
- Ancestral Fury — Bloodlust/ Heroism grants an additional 10% Haste.
- Tsunami Relic — While below 50%, your healing spells heal for 50% more.
- Ignan Oblation — Summoning your Storm Elemental/ Fire Elemental causes you to gain Ascendance for 10 sec.
- Pure Elemental Core — Increases the duration of your Fire Elemental or Storm Elemental by 50%. Stacks up to 2 times.
- Wildzeal Wraps — Reduce the cooldown of Vesper Totem by 5 seconds.
- Heart of the Deathseer — Chain Lightning hits 3 additional targets and damage increases by 20% per jump.
- Deathseer's Satchel — Placing a totem causes you to drop another, random totem.
- By Fire Be Purged — Successfully Purging an enemy casts Lava Burst at them.
- Blood Stained Gauntlet — Critical Strike chance of Chain Harvest increased by 10%.
- Magma Fist — Lava Burst knocks the target away from you.
- Fossilized Bone Fragments — Primordial Wave increases the damage of your next Lava Burst by 25%.
- Bloody Thorn Stalk — Fae Transfusion channel duration and periodic damage frequency reduced by 15%.
- Crystalline Leaf — Fae Transfusion cooldown reduced by 15 sec.
- Rimeblood — Frost Shock reduces all damage the target deals by 25% for 10 sec.
- Mawrats on Ice — Frost Shock freezes Mawrats in a block of ice, killing them instantly.
- Deathseer Choker — Each active totem increases your damage and healing by 10%.
- Farseer's Lesson — Gain an additional Level 30 talent
- Farseer's Ultimatum — Gain an additional Level 50 talent.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Shaman Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1