Feral Druid DPS Azerite Traits/Powers and Armor — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
Given the introduction of the Azerite system (unlocked by the Heart of Azeroth, for which we have a guide), we have prepared this page to help you choose the best traits and gear for your Feral Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth — Patch 8.2.
1. Azerite Trait Recommendations for Feral Druid
It is important to get a solid understanding of the best traits for Feral Druids, even if the choices you get to make while selecting gear are usually quite limited. Whenever possible, try to find gear with the recommended traits.
1.1. Outer Ring
These are the simulation results for Outer Ring traits.
1.2. Middle Ring
These are the simulation results of the Middle Ring; although your choice here does not matter as much as in the Outer Ring, min-maxing is still possible.
1.3. Inner Ring
The choice of trait in this tier should be made taking into account the various characteristics of the encounter, and by trying to figure out which trait will serve you best, since most of them are quite situational in nature.
2. Azerite Trait Rotation Changes and Details for Feral Druid
Even though the playstyle of Feral Druids is not heavily affected by the Azerite traits you are using, there are some small rules you may want to bear in mind when dealing with some of the effects.
- When using Gushing Lacerations, be aware of how long you are going to spend capped on Combo Points pooling. Sometimes it can be beneficial to sit at 4 instead, letting these ticks bring you up to 5.
- Make sure to maintain the Twisted Claws effect during AoE, and do not let the stacks fall off if you can help it.
- Replace your Ferocious Bite finishing casts with a Maim if there is room in your rotation and you have an Iron Jaws proc.
- If using Wild Fleshrending, make sure to maintain Thrash even in single target situations.
3. Azerite Traits for Feral Druid
3.1. Outer Ring Traits
The first Ring of Azerite Traits is comprised of activatable special effects. There are Feral-specific and Druid-generic traits, and whilst normally we would separate these, many of the generic traits are still focused heavily on abilities that are considered core Feral skills. Instead, we will just list them in one section. Additionally, there are generic traits that all classes have access to. These are all damage-increasing options.
3.1.1. Feral-specific Traits
- Blood Mist increases the damage of your Rake DoT effect, and has a chance to trigger your Berserk effect. This cannot occur if Berserk is currently active.
- Gushing Lacerations increases the damage of your Rip ability, and also causes the periodic damage it deals to have a 6% chance to grant a Combo Point.
- Iron Jaws causes your Ferocious Bite to have a 6% chance per Combo Point spent to increase the damage of your next Maim cast.
- Masterful Instincts grants additional Armor and Mastery for 10 seconds after your Survival Instincts effect expires.
- Untamed Ferocity increases the damage of Combo Point generating abilities, and reduce the cooldown of Berserk by 0.3 seconds.
- Jungle Fury causes your Tiger's Fury activations to grant additional Critical Strike rating for 12 seconds.
- Twisted Claws causes the direct damage dealt by your Thrash casts to have a 50% chance to grant additional Agility for 12 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Wild Fleshrending causes your Shred and Swipe abilities to deal additional damage to targets that are also affected by your Thrash DoT effect.
3.1.2. Generic Traits
- Blightborne Infusion causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 14 seconds.
- Blood Rite causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Haste for 15 seconds. Killing enemies refreshes this effect.
- Champion of Azeroth gives your abilities a chance to increase all your secondary stats for a minute, stacking up to 4 times. Getting a new proc will refresh the duration, so you will keep this at 4 stacks throughout an entire fight.
- Dagger in the Back gives your abilities a chance to shoot a dagger at your target, applying a damage over time effect for 12 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. If you shoot this dagger when behind the target, it will apply 2 stacks.
- Filthy Transfusion gives your damaging ability a chance to do damage over 6 seconds to the target, healing you for the damage done.
- Incite the Pack causes you to occasionally increase your Mastery and that of up to two nearby allies for 20 seconds.
- Meticulous Scheming causes you to gain a buff for 8 seconds that transforms into a 20-second Haste buff after you cast 3 different spells while it is active.
- Rezan's Fury causes your damaging abilities to have a chance to summon a Child of Rezan, which deals Physical damage to your target and causes them to bleed for additional damage over 12 seconds.
- Ruinous Bolt gives your abilities a chance to summon a Soul (pet) by your side for 14 seconds. The Soul deals Shadow damage to a random nearby target.
- Secrets of the Deep causes your spells to have a chance to spawn a Surging Droplet nearby, which you can collect to increase your primary stat for 18 seconds. Rarely, a Void Droplet will be created instead, which increases your primary stat for twice as much as Surging Droplet's when collected.
- Swirling Sands causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 12 seconds. This duration can be extended by landing Critical Strikes up to a maximum of 18 seconds.
- Thunderous Blast gives your damaging abilities a chance blast the target for extra Nature damage, and cause the target to take 20% more damage from your next blast. When the bonus damage reaches 100%, the next blast will Critically Strike, and reset the bonus damage back to 0%.
- Tidal Surge gives your damaging abilities a chance to deal some Frost damage to the target and slow it by 20%.
- Tradewinds causes your spells to have a chance to grant you Mastery for 15 seconds. When this buff expires, it jumps once to a nearby ally at half duration and amount.
- Unstable Catalyst causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to create a zone standing in which increases your primary stat.
3.1.3. Benthic and Eternal Palace Traits
- Arcane Heart causes every 1,500,000 combined damage and healing you deal to increase your highest secondary stat, and heal for 5% of all Arcane damage you take for 15 seconds.
- Loyal to the End increases your Mastery, plus additional Mastery for every nearby ally who also has the trait selected. When you die, your allies gain Critical Strike, Haste, and Versatility equal to their own Mastery bonus.
- Undulating Tides grants your spells and abilites a chance to deal Frost damage. Additionally, when you fall below 50% health, you gain an absorb for 8 seconds.
3.1.4. Mechagon Traits
These traits are only found on Azerite pieces from the Operation: Mechagon dungeon.
- Clockwork Heart grants you all secondary stats for 12 seconds, once per minute.
- Person-Computer Interface increases a secondary stat if you have a Pocket-Sized Computation Device equipped. The secondary that is chosen depends on which Logic Board you have equipped.
3.1.5. Battle for Dazar'alor Traits
These three traits are only found on raid gear within Battle of Dazar'alor:
- Bonded Souls causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to trigger a Soulbond for 15 seconds. During Soulbond, every 5 seconds you and your nearest ally are both healed for a large amount and gain a moderate amount of Haste for 5 seconds.
- Treacherous Covenant increases your primary stat by a large amount while you are above 50% health. However, you take 15% increased damage while below 20% health.
- Seductive Power causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to conjure Bwonsamdi. If you approach him, you gain a small increase to all stats for 5 minutes, stacking up to 5 times. If you fail to heed his call, you lose one stack.
3.1.6. Uldir Traits
These traits are only found on raid gear within Uldir, and have two traits that can only be found on these pieces.
- Archive of the Titans is an Uldir-specific trait. It gives you a small primary stat buff every 5 seconds which stacks up to 20 times. Stacks only decay when out of combat. It also gives the Reorigination Array buff, which you should always aim to have active while raiding in Uldir.
- Laser Matrix causes your spells to have a chance to unleash a barrage of lasers which deal damage and heal injured allies for a small amount which is further split among them. It also gives the Reorigination Array buff, which you should always aim to have active while raiding in Uldir.
If either of these traits are active on your gear when you are inside Uldir, it will also grant the Reorigination Array effect, increasing your highest secondary stat.
3.2. Middle Ring Traits for Feral Druid
This Ring will only be present on 340 item level Epic gear and above, and provides options that enhance the roles your class can perform. Due to Druids having 4 specs, this can come with many combinations of traits due to passive options counting as any. There will, however, always be at least one damage output option.
- Azerite Globules gives your damaging abilities a chance to apply a debuff to your target. This debuff stacks up to 3 times, and when it reaches 3, the target explodes, doing AoE damage.
- Blood Siphon passively increases your Mastery and Leech.
- Earthlink increases your primary stat, with the exact amount cycling between a minimum value and maximum value every 6 seconds.
- Elemental Whirl causes your damaging spells to have a chance to increase one of your secondary stats for 10 seconds.
- Heed My Call gives your damaging abilities a chance to deal additional Nature damage to the target, and a smaller amount of damage to nearby targets.
- Gutripper gives your damaging abilities a chance to deal additional Physical damage. This bonus damage occurs more often when the target is below 30% Health.
- On My Way passively increases your Versatility and Speed.
- Overwhelming Power causes your damaging spells to have a chance to increase your Haste. The amount of Haste granted decreases every second or whenever you take damage.
- Unstable Flames causes your damaging spells to have a chance to grant a Critical Strike buff for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
3.3. Inner Ring Traits for Feral Druid
This Ring will provide a variety of survival and movement tools, varying from defensive increases, to healing effects, to shields. There are some Druid specific options, but most are shared amongst all classes.
- Switch Hitter grants an additional bonus when using specific abilities granted by your Affinity choice.
- Reawakening grants an absorb shield for 15 seconds on any ally you cast Rebirth on, and grants them a primary stat Well Fed buff.
- Ursoc's Endurance grants an absorb shield for 8 seconds whenever you cast Barkskin or Survival Instincts.
- Azerite Fortification heals you when you are stunned, immobilized, or knocked back.
- Bulwark of the Masses causes you to gain a moderate absorb shield when surrounded by 4 or more enemies, but can only occur once every 15 seconds.
- Gemhide causes you to gain Avoidance and Armor for 10 seconds when you take damage that exceeds 10% of your maximum health.
- Longstrider increases your movement speed by a percentage of your highest secondary stat, with a maximum movement speed gain limit.
- Resounding Protection causes you to gain an absorb shield every 30 seconds.
- Self Reliance causes you to be healed every 3 seconds while no enemies are within 12 yards of you.
- Vampiric Speed causes you to self-heal and gain Speed for 6 seconds whenever an enemy you damaged dies.
4. Find Azerite Armor By Trait/Power
In the table below, you can see all of the Azerite gear available to your Feral Druid. By using the + button located next to each item, you can expand the list of Azerite powers that this item possesses (to collapse the list, simply click the - button).
If you want to filter items according to the powers that they offer, you can use the filters below.
|Head Items||Shoulders Items||Chest Items|