Feral Druid Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Feral Druid before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Feral Druid
Here we will be looking at Torghast, Tower of the Damned when playing as a Feral Druid. For more information about how Torghast itself works, you can look at our Torghast write up here.
Best Feral Druid Talents for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
|15||✓ Predator||? Sabertooth||✗ Lunar Inspiration|
|25||? Tiger Dash||✓ Renewal||? Wild Charge|
|30||✗ Balance Affinity||✓ Guardian Affinity||✓ Restoration Affinity|
|35||✓ Mighty Bash||✗ Mass Entanglement||✓ Heart of the Wild|
|40||✓ Soul of the Forest||✗ Savage Roar||? Incarnation: King of the Jungle|
|45||✗ Scent of Blood||? Brutal Slash||✓ Primal Wrath|
|50||✓ Moment of Clarity||? Bloodtalons||✓ Feral Frenzy|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as a Feral Druid
|✔ Predator||? Sabertooth||✘ Lunar Inspiration|
Predator is an easy pick here with how frequently you will be killing enemies and getting resets, raising the uptime of Tiger's Fury significantly. Sabertooth is an alternative if you are struggling with Elites, but much less flexible.
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as a Feral Druid
|? Tiger Dash||✔ Renewal||? Wild Charge|
Renewal is a good emergency heal option because you will be tanking most of the enemies you run into. Mobility is less important within Torghast, but both alternatives are useful if you find yourself needing it.
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as a Feral Druid
|✘ Balance Affinity||✔ Guardian Affinity||✔ Restoration Affinity|
For Affinities, taking a defensive option in either Guardian Affinity or Restoration Affinity is ideal. The former will help survive through more dangerous situations, but the latter opens up a lot of self-healing options that you can make use of when kiting. Balance Affinity does not really contribute much to surviving, and enemies will be close enough that the range increase is not a strong contribution.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as a Feral Druid
|✔ Mighty Bash||✘ Mass Entanglement||✔ Heart of the Wild|
Mighty Bash is always useful here to help lock down dangerous caster enemies, despite its long cooldown. Heart of the Wild on the other hand is a good emergency button when paired with Restoration Affinity, and also has some Anima Powers that can help with the strength of this.
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as a Feral Druid
|✔ Soul of the Forest||✘ Savage Roar||? Incarnation: King of the Jungle|
Due to the varied pack types and downtime that happens between pulls, Soul of the Forest works out best as a consistent benefit. Incarnation: King of the Jungle can be useful against dangerous rares, but is too specific to be a consistent pick.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as a Feral Druid
|✘ Scent of Blood||? Brutal Slash||✔ Primal Wrath|
Primal Wrath is too strong to pass up given the amount of AoE situations you will find yourself in throughout Torghast. Brutal Slash has some power due to its flexibility with single-target encounters, but is not the ideal.
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as a Feral Druid
|✔ Moment of Clarity||? Bloodtalons||✔ Feral Frenzy|
Feral Frenzy is an easy pick here as a frontloaded tool to get started with packs and burst down higher health Elites, alongside getting benefit from cooling down between pulls. Moment of Clarity will ease up your general gameplay and has some Anima powers that work with it, but slightly worse.
Best Feral Druid Anima Powers
As you climb higher through Torghast, you will be offered a variety of different Anima Powers. There is a mix of unique benefits and others that can be stacked up for extra gains, and making a quick decision can sometimes be difficult. Because of this we have made a simple Tier List to rank some of the strong powers if you are in a rush to make a decision. If you want to read about all available Anima Powers, please use the links below.
Remember though, do not follow the list blindly, there is a lot of different playstyles to explore within Torghast and trying things out is part of the enjoyment. None of the powers are necessary to complete a run, and picking a power that improves something you rarely use will ultimately be useless. After all, you might not run into the power that you are looking for each run!
S-Tier Anima Powers for Feral Druid
A-Tier Anima Powers for Feral Druid
- Archdruid's Ultimatum (replace with Feral Frenzy)
- Circlet of Weeds
- Cloak of Thorns
- Dried Blood of the Beast
- Elethium Alembic
- Elethium Beacon
- Elethium Censer
- Elethium Lantern
- Elethium Teardrop
- Energy Focusing Crystal (Night Fae)
- Gift of Ardenweald
- Finger of Frozen Fury
- Frostbite Wand
- Kyrian Blessing
- Lightning Dust
- Lycara's Sash
- Mask of Withering (Venthyr)
- Maldraxxian Repayment
- Mote of Blood Thirst (when in a group, Venthyr)
- Phial of Pain (Kyrian)
- Sealed Essence Sphere (Night Fae)
- Secret Spices
- Silent Spirit
- Soulborne Clasp
- Spectral Oats
- Subjugator's Manacles
- Sylvatican Charm
- Venthyr's Gratitude
- Vitality Guillotine
B-Tier Anima Powers for Feral Druid
- Archdruid's Cypher (replace with Sabertooth)
- Archdruid's Invocation (replace with Heart of the Wild)
- Archdruid's Legacy (replace with Savage Roar)
- Affinity Stones
- Blade of the Lifetaker
- Bottled Enigma
- Coalesced Spirit Droplet (Night Fae)
- Corruption Antenna
- Crystallized Dreams (Night Fae)
- Curious Bramblepatch
- Draught of Midday Calm
- Draught of Midnight Blazes
- Dried Flower Petal (Necrolord)
- Irritating Moth Dust
- Leaf on the Water
- Lens of Elchaver
- Oath of Druids
- Perfectly Preserved Insect (Necrolord)
- Potent Acid Gland
- Pulsing Rot-hive
- Shard of Silvered Glass
- Steelwood Slab
- Stormcycle Peridot
- String of Fangs and Talons
- Twin Friendship Ring (Kyrian)
- Watchful Lightfly
- White Pollen Mote (Necrolord)
- Writings of Lycara
C-Tier Anima Powers for Feral Druid
- Archdruid's Mythos (replace with Primal Wrath)
- Bloating Fodder
- Bottle of Moonshine
- Curious Miasma
- Dark Fortress
- Darksight Orbs (Kyrian)
- Elethium Weights
- Grasping Tendrils
- Hardened Bark Sliver (Kyrian)
- Murmuring Shawl (Venthyr)
- Open Doors (Venthyr)
- Purifier's Flame
- Phial of Light (Kyrian)
- Smuggled Wildseed (Night Fae)
- Strigidium (Kyrian)
- Swarm Form
- Volatile Flesh (Necrolord)
- Yel'Shir's Powerglove
D-Tier Anima Powers for Feral Druid
- Archdruid's Lesson (replace with Restoration Affinity)
- Archdruid's Gift (replace with Renewal)
- Clinging Fog (Night Fae)
- Crumbling Aegis
- Disemboweler's Hook
- Gnarled Key (Venthyr)
- Parliament Stone (Kyrian)
- Petrus Ring
- Revitalizing Spirit
- Rootwood Scarab
- Spectral Bridle
E-Tier Anima Powers for Feral Druid
- Irresistible Cheese
- Malevolent Stitching (Necrolord)
- Mawrat Harness
- Mawrat Stirrups
- Musophobic Femur (Necrolord)
- Orbit Breaker
- Plague-Hardened Hide
- Scroll of Elchaver
- Tremorbeast Tusk
F-Tier Anima Powers for Feral Druid
- Bottomless Chalice (when solo, Kyrian)
- Coil of Wire (when solo, Kyrian)
- Elethium Muzzle
- Negation Well
- Preserved Ironwood Seed
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test due to being unavailable as a pick, or information about its tuning is not complete. It will be added to the list as we find out more.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Feral Druid
Occasionally, you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. Judging these is more difficult because it depends on how much of each floor you are clearing. Grabbing these early on is usually a good idea so you can make use of vendors, while the later the run goes the less valuable these are.
Feral Druid Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Like all Druids, Feral has a suite of abilities available to it allowing it to shift between survival and offense depending on the situation, and many Anima powers lean into this playstyle. Making use of all of this is important to make it through higher floors, and some important things to remember are:
- Make sure to use your Predatory Swiftness procs to heal yourself frequently, staying stable with frequent Regrowth casts is important when pulling dangerous packs.
- Due to the low cooldown, make sure to Barkskin early and often to reduce as much as possible when pulling packs before you get into a dangerous spot.
- Shifting to Bear Form to deal with very dangerous packs is something that can help with some abilities, especially when some Anima Powers that encourage shapeshifting are considered.
- Entangling Roots casts on melee enemies and elites that are a problem in larger pulls is very useful to keep them at bay while you clear out the easier enemies quickly.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 25 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4