Feral Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Feral Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands via the Runecarver within Torghast. These powers are attached to items and include some Feral-specific powers, options that interact with all Druid specs, and some powers that are options for all classes. For more information about the Runecarving system you can check our dedicated page.
Best Overall Legendary for Feral Druid
Important Note as of 29th November: previously, Cat-eye Curio was listed as the ideal option. This has since changed due to some simulation errors that have been rectified, which has pushed it down in value. Keep this in mind when considering early legendary crafts.
This is a recommendation for your ideal first legendaries to craft if you are a PvE player looking to do different types of content. This will be the best flexible choice that will provide gains in different situations, and if you could only craft one, then this should be your pick:
Feral has no catch all easy first craft currently, instead having more specialized options. Therefore, rushing to craft might be detrimental depending on the content you are aiming to do. That being said, the two most likely options to see play are Circle of Life and Death and Apex Predator's Craving. The former is the most versatile, having strong uses for both single-target and AoE in sustained situations. The latter will provide a more single-target oriented gain that has some gains with added targets, making it more focused but still useful in various situations.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Feral Druid
This section goes over the best Raiding legendaries for our spec.
- Apex Predator's Craving makes for a strong single-target focused choice that can also gain funnel damage onto a primary target in cleave situations. This is a solid pick throughout Castle Nathria and absolutely worth considering.
- Circle of Life and Death scales up well on multi-target encounters, with some variance in strength depending on what Covenant it pairs with. While this does not win out against purely single-target options, the flexibility is the big selling point here.
- Draught of Deep Focus has the strongest single-target performance and has some Covenant synergy, particularly with Adaptive Swarm, but it is let down by being too focused on one damage profile. It also can be hurt by some of the fight styles within Nathria that are more burst oriented, but this still warrants a mention.
- Cat-eye Curio performs very average, but has a big quality of life benefit allowing for additional pooling. The flexibility is nice, but the returns on Energy are not enough to compete with the more explosive effects available.
- In extremely niche situations there is a possibility that the extra cooldown strength provided by Frenzyband may help for "burst window" encounter types, but right now there is no observed situation where this gain would outweigh the overall loss. It is just a legendary to keep in mind.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Feral Druid
- Circle of Life and Death will provide the highest sustained AoE in most situations due to the amount of Bleeds you will be applying via Primal Wrath and any target swapped Rakes, and is definitely a good choice for Mythic+ due to the varied pull sizes.
- Apex Predator's Craving provides a solid gain, but the strongest part of the effect is that it allows you to convert AoE into more single-target damage from the free Ferocious Bite casts generated. Depending on the dungeon being ran and your composition, this can range from average to excellent so is a solid pick.
- Cat-eye Curio allows for a more robust Energy pool per pull and will smooth out some resource gaps that can show up. However, the gain does not convert into more damage relative to the alternatives in dungeons, which means, while it is a great comfort pick, it is not a recommended early craft.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Updated to account for recent sims that reduce Cat-eye Curio value - replaced with alternatives in recommended.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- An Excellent Class and Spec Pick Flowchart Meme (Or Is it?)
- There Are Worse Fates than Being Carried by a Kyrian...
- Players Manipulate Turn Speed Variable while Mind Controlling Others
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 15th
- How to Get Raid, PvP and Any Legendary Memories Without Doing the Related Activity
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021