Feral Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Dragonflight 10.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Feral Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands via the Runecarver within Torghast. These powers are attached to items and include some Feral-specific powers, options that interact with all Druid specs, and some powers that are options for all classes. For more information about the Runecarving system you can check our dedicated page.
Legendary Crafting in Patch 9.2
Due to Patch 9.2 reintroducing Tier Sets, this means that avoiding slots that clash with these is generally favourable until you have access to all pieces to avoid losing access to one or the other. Due to that, you should aim to be crafting all of the class Legendaries on slots that do not clash with the Helm, Shoulder, Chest, Gloves, and Leg slots if possible.
Double Legendaries and Unity
As the Zereth Mortis campaign continues, you will eventually gain access to the Unity effect, allowing you to equip both your specified Covenant Legendary effect and one other crafted Legendary at the same time. This initially comes as a belt, but can be recrafted to any slot after you reach Revered with the new Enlightened faction, allowing some freedom in your gear choices.
Best Legendary Crafts for Feral Druid
|Everything||Night Fae||Apex Predator's Craving||Waist|
|Single Target/Burst||Night Fae||Frenzyband||Wrist|
The above table shows two solid options assuming that double Legendaries are active. Prior to this, you should aim to have Celestial Spirits if playing Night Fae equipped in all situations
Frenzyband has light synergy with the new tier set, and enhances some already strong burst windows. Unfortunately it does not provide much for situations with multiple targets, so it is a specialist pick.
Apex Predator's Craving is good in virtually all situations, providing free Ferocious Bite procs in single-target that goes up in frequency for some extra funnel damage when you can maintain multiple Rips in AoE via Primal Wrath.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Feral Druid
This section goes over the best Raiding Legendaries for our spec.
- Night Fae-only: Celestial Spirits will give the best immediate value in the majority of situations assuming you can cast Convoke the Spirits every minute, which most encounters allow. Given how strong these windows are already without it, this is a premier option given how much single-target focus there is in the current raid tier.
- Apex Predator's Craving makes for a strong single-target-focused choice that can also help funnel damage into a primary target in cleave situations. This is a good all-rounder in any situation.
- Frenzyband provides a strong option should encounter timings align well with Berserk. This is a use-case option that requires you to know in advance whether you need the extra burst, but when it can be used it is worth the pick in single-target.
- Draught of Deep Focus has a strong single-target performance and has some Covenant synergy, particularly with Adaptive Swarm. While it is very focused on a single-target damage profile, this can see value for sustained damage.
- Circle of Life and Death scales up well on multi-target encounters, but not well enough to keep up with alternatives that simply bring more damage. It may see niche use especially with Necrolord, but is otherwise very average in Patch 9.2.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Feral Druid
Here we list the best Mythic+ and Torghast options for your legendary power. Both of these have a stronger leaning toward AoE and flexibility, so legendaries that scale up well with extra targets.
- Night Fae-only: Celestial Spirits and its alterations to Convoke the Spirits, while a single-target-heavy ability, can trigger Niya's Grove Invigoration, providing a substantial boost of Mastery on a low cooldown for high burst AoE via Primal Wrath and still remain flexible for boss fights. This is not quite as strong as in raids, but is still an excellent all-rounder for most Mythic+ weeks.
- Apex Predator's Craving provides a solid gain, but the strongest part of the effect is that it allows you to convert AoE into more single-target damage from the free Ferocious Bite casts generated. Depending on the dungeon being ran and your composition, this can range from average to excellent so is a solid pick.
- Circle of Life and Death will provide more sustained AoE in most due to the amount of Bleeds you will be applying via Primal Wrath and any target swapped Rakes, so it is a consideration if you need more of that.
- Cat-Eye Curio allows for a more robust Energy pool per pull and will smooth out some resource gaps that can show up. Unfortunately, relative to alternatives unless you can capitalize on the extra pooling between pulls it remains a more comfort-oriented pick rather than a strong performer.
Covenant Specific Legendaries for Feral Druid
Each Covenant has access to a specific legendary effect that can be crafted, or is unlocked later in the patch via the Unity effect that links into each Covenant:
- Kyrian: Kindred Affinity provides an extra boost to your linked ally, so as a support option is solid but the Patch 9.2 nerfs hurt it.
- Necrolord: Unbridled Swarm does alleviate some of the issues that Adaptive Swarm has in multi-target situations, but it does not fix the setup time problem the ability suffers from.
- Night Fae: Celestial Spirits has a lot of strong uses, massively increasing the frequency of your Convoke the Spirits casts without any real impact to their intensity. It works well in a lot of situations, and more access to such a powerful cooldown is always relevant.
- Venthyr: Sinful Hysteria does improve Ravenous Frenzy a great deal, and if you are playing Venthyr it plays further into the windows it focuses on.
Most of these have their niche uses, but the standout is by far the Night Fae option that improves what is already the best Covenant by a solid margin with some much-needed flexibility. This serves to even further lock it in as the go-to option.
Other Legendaries for Feral Druid
These are alternative legendaries available to Feral that while craftable, are not recommended for various reasons:
- Eye of Fearful Symmetry can have some uses in situations where you can make frequent use of the extra Combo Points via Predator, but in those situations there are better options available.
- Lycara's Fleeting Glimpse is far too erratic to make use of and will rarely be as good as the alternatives, so it is not recommended.
- Oath of the Elder Druid has some exceptionally niche utility uses, but will provide very little in the way of damage gains compared to other picks; it is not worth choosing.
- Echo of Eonar's proc does not contribute enough of a damage increase to compete with any of the Feral options available.
- Judgment of the Arbiter's proc does too little damage per proc and is reliant on both allies and positioning to make use of.
- Norgannon's Sagacity has no uses for Feral as all abilities are either instant, or castable on the move when in Cat Form.
- Sephuz's Proclamation has some niche benefits and is useful in PvP, but the proc is not consistent enough in PvE situations nor is the payoff very big.
- Stable Phantasma Lure only benefits Torghast specifically by adding more resources, so it has no use outside of there — and very limited benefits within.
- Vitality Sacrifice does not provide enough of a damage percentage increase to be worth it relative to the gains of what we have available, and is also contingent on getting hit frequently.
- Maw Rattle deals extremely low damage and the survival aspect is not relevant enough to even make it niche.
- Third Eye of the Jailer does not provide enough of a flat damage increase compared to our other options even in perfect scenarios, so it currently is not worth crafting.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Druid Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Raid Testing: March 24th
- Ebyssian and Emberthal Epilogue Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- How to Unlock Ancient Zul'Gurub Crafting in Patch 10.0.7