Feral Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Feral Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands via the Runecarver within Torghast. These powers are attached to items and include some Feral-specific powers, options that interact with all Druid specs, and some powers that are options for all classes. For more information about the Runecarving system you can check our dedicated page.
Best Overall Legendary for Feral Druid
This is a recommendation for your ideal first legendaries to craft if you are a PvE player looking to do different types of content. This will be the best flexible choice that will provide gains in different situations, and if you could only craft one, then this should be your pick:
Feral currently has no catch-all, easy first-craft that covers all bases, but the best bang for your buck in most content will be Circle of Life and Death. This gives a reasonable benefit in all content and encounter types, but bear in mind it does not excel compared to some specific options.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Feral Druid
This section goes over the best Raiding Legendaries for our spec.
- Draught of Deep Focus has the strongest single-target performance and has some Covenant synergy, particularly with Adaptive Swarm. While it is very focused on a single-target damage profile, this Legendary is valuable throughout Castle Nathria and is useful in a lot of fights, making it worth the craft.
- Apex Predator's Craving makes for a strong single-target-focused choice that can also help funnel damage into a primary target in cleave situations. This is a solid pick on some specific Castle Nathria fights, so it earns its place.
- Circle of Life and Death scales up well on multi-target encounters. While this does not win out against purely single-target options, the flexibility is the big selling point here.
- Patch 9.0.5's buff to Frenzyband does raise its value for certain encounter types, but it still remains a burst single-target option that can struggle to outdo options that provide better damage throughout an encounter. This buff makes it much more competitive, however, so some occasions may allow for this to see use now.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Feral Druid
- Circle of Life and Death will provide the highest sustained AoE in most situations due to the amount of Bleeds you will be applying via Primal Wrath and any target swapped Rakes, and is definitely a good choice for Mythic+ due to the varied pull sizes.
- Apex Predator's Craving provides a solid gain, but the strongest part of the effect is that it allows you to convert AoE into more single-target damage from the free Ferocious Bite casts generated. Depending on the dungeon being ran and your composition, this can range from average to excellent so is a solid pick.
- Cat-eye Curio allows for a more robust Energy pool per pull and will smooth out some resource gaps that can show up. Its 9.0.5 buff also made it more appealing than before. Unfortunately, despite its buffs it does not convert into more damage relative to alternatives unless you can capitalize on the extra pooling between pulls. It remains a more comfort-oriented pick rather than an early craft.
Other Legendaries for Feral Druid
These are alternative legendaries available to Feral that while craftable, are not recommended for various reasons:
- Eye of Fearful Symmetry can have some uses in situations where you can make frequent use of the extra Combo Points via Predator, but in those situations there are better options available to generate more damage.
- Lycara's Fleeting Glimpse is far too erratic to make use of and will rarely be as good as the alternatives, so it is not recommended.
- Oath of the Elder Druid has some exceptionally niche utility uses, but will provide very little in the way of damage gains compared to other picks; it is not worth choosing.
- Echo of Eonar's proc does not contribute enough of a damage increase to compete with any of the Feral options available.
- Judgment of the Arbiter's proc does too little damage per proc and is reliant on both allies and positioning to make use of.
- Norgannon's Sagacity has no uses for Feral as all abilities are either instant, or castable on the move when in Cat Form.
- Sephuz's Proclamation has some niche benefits and is useful in PvP, but the proc is not consistent enough in PvE situations nor is the payoff very big.
- Stable Phantasma Lure only benefits Torghast specifically by adding more resources, so it has no use outside of there — and very limited benefits within.
- Vitality Sacrifice does not provide enough of a damage percentage increase to be worth it relative to the gains of what we have available, and is also contingent on getting hit frequently.
- Maw Rattle deals extremely low damage and the survival aspect is not relevant enough to even make it niche.
- Third Eye of the Jailer does not provide enough of a flat damage increase compared to our other options even in perfect scenarios, so it currently is not worth crafting.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Page updated for Patch 9.0.5 to account for Frenzyband/Cat-eye Curio buffs. Small adjustments to recommendations with other picks.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Updated to account for recent sims that reduce Cat-eye Curio value - replaced with alternatives in recommended.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes