Feral Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Feral Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands via the Runecarver within Torghast. These powers are attached to items and include some Feral-specific powers, options that interact with all Druid specs, and some powers that are options for all classes. For more information about the Runecarving system you can check our dedicated page.
Legendary Crafting in Patch 9.1
Due to the introduction of Domination sockets, crafting Legendaries in any slot that clashes with these is not advised. That means for Leather, if it can be avoided, the Helm, Shoulder, Chest, Gloves, and Boot slots are off-limits if you want to make use of all 5 Shards.
Best Overall Legendary for Feral Druid
This is a recommendation for your ideal first legendaries to craft if you are a PvE player looking to do different types of content. This will be the best flexible choice that will provide gains in different situations, and if you could only craft one, then this should be your pick:
Feral currently has no catch-all, easy first-craft that covers all bases, but the best bang for your buck in most content will be Circle of Life and Death. This gives a reasonable benefit in all content and encounter types, but bear in mind it does not excel compared to some specific options.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Feral Druid
This section goes over the best Raiding Legendaries for our spec.
- Draught of Deep Focus has the strongest single-target performance and has some Covenant synergy, particularly with Adaptive Swarm. While it is very focused on a single-target damage profile, this Legendary is valuable throughout Sanctum of Domination and is useful in a lot of fights, making it worth the craft.
- Apex Predator's Craving makes for a strong single-target-focused choice that can also help funnel damage into a primary target in cleave situations. This is a solid pick on some specific encounter types, so it earns its place.
- Circle of Life and Death scales up well on multi-target encounters. While this does not win out against purely single-target options, the flexibility is the big selling point here.
- Frenzyband provides a strong option should encounter timings align well with Berserk. This is a use-case option that requires you to know in advance whether you need the extra burst, but when it can be used it is worth the pick.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Feral Druid
- Circle of Life and Death will provide the highest sustained AoE in most situations due to the amount of Bleeds you will be applying via Primal Wrath and any target swapped Rakes, and is definitely a good choice for Mythic+ due to the varied pull sizes.
- Apex Predator's Craving provides a solid gain, but the strongest part of the effect is that it allows you to convert AoE into more single-target damage from the free Ferocious Bite casts generated. Depending on the dungeon being ran and your composition, this can range from average to excellent so is a solid pick.
- Cat-eye Curio allows for a more robust Energy pool per pull and will smooth out some resource gaps that can show up. Unfortunately, relative to alternatives unless you can capitalize on the extra pooling between pulls it remains a more comfort-oriented pick rather than a strong performer.
New Legendaries in Patch 9.1 for Feral Druid
Each Covenant has been given access to a new Legendary that alters the effects of the class ability granted:
- Kyrian: Kindred Affinity has a solid chance of being used for anyone currently playing Kyrian because the overall benefit outstrips the personal gain.
- Necrolord: Unbridled Swarm does alleviate some of the issues that Adaptive Swarm has in multi-target situations, but is simply not worth losing other choices to take even in its niche.
- Night Fae: Celestial Spirits might have some very specific use-cases depending on fight timings, but due to the nature of Convoke the Spirits as a high impact burst cooldown and what you lose to take it, is going to be niche at best.
- Venthyr: Sinful Hysteria does improve Ravenous Frenzy a great deal, and if you are playing Venthyr it has a good chance of seeing some use.
Unfortunately because these effects are all locked behind Covenants, Feral having such a dominant choice in Night Fae means they are largely unimportant.
Other Legendaries for Feral Druid
These are alternative legendaries available to Feral that while craftable, are not recommended for various reasons:
- Eye of Fearful Symmetry can have some uses in situations where you can make frequent use of the extra Combo Points via Predator, but in those situations there are better options available to generate more damage.
- Lycara's Fleeting Glimpse is far too erratic to make use of and will rarely be as good as the alternatives, so it is not recommended.
- Oath of the Elder Druid has some exceptionally niche utility uses, but will provide very little in the way of damage gains compared to other picks; it is not worth choosing.
- Echo of Eonar's proc does not contribute enough of a damage increase to compete with any of the Feral options available.
- Judgment of the Arbiter's proc does too little damage per proc and is reliant on both allies and positioning to make use of.
- Norgannon's Sagacity has no uses for Feral as all abilities are either instant, or castable on the move when in Cat Form.
- Sephuz's Proclamation has some niche benefits and is useful in PvP, but the proc is not consistent enough in PvE situations nor is the payoff very big.
- Stable Phantasma Lure only benefits Torghast specifically by adding more resources, so it has no use outside of there — and very limited benefits within.
- Vitality Sacrifice does not provide enough of a damage percentage increase to be worth it relative to the gains of what we have available, and is also contingent on getting hit frequently.
- Maw Rattle deals extremely low damage and the survival aspect is not relevant enough to even make it niche.
- Third Eye of the Jailer does not provide enough of a flat damage increase compared to our other options even in perfect scenarios, so it currently is not worth crafting.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Page updated for Patch 9.0.5 to account for Frenzyband/Cat-eye Curio buffs. Small adjustments to recommendations with other picks.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Updated to account for recent sims that reduce Cat-eye Curio value - replaced with alternatives in recommended.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power