Fire Mage DPS Crucible of Storms Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Fire Mage for each boss of the following raid: Crucible of Storms. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
This page will be a talent cheatsheet and Fire Mage-specific tips page for Crucible of Storms. For an actual strategy on the encounters, you should check the raid guide.
Fire Mage in Crucible of Storms
Both of the encounters favour multi-dotting classes. Since Fire Mage lacks any type of multi-dotting ability when enemies are spread out, Fire Mage will look weaker on logs than it might actually be in practice.
The Restless Cabal
Although the fight contains plenty of cleave opportunities, the standard single-target talents apply, since switching to AoE talents is not worth it for the relatively low amount of targets ever bundled up. This makes the single-target setup while letting Mastery: Ignite spread the most efficient setup.
The best way to approach this fight is to just focus on doing the single-target rotation and letting Mastery: Ignite spread to nearby targets for cleave DPS.
Use Shimmer to quickly get far away from the group when Crushing Doubt is about to expire.
If your group's strategy allows getting multiple stacks of Promises of Power, you should make sure you line up your cooldowns like Rune of Power and Combustion when you have 9 stacks of this buff (or any other high amount of stacks that your strategy allows).
Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
Shimmer can be used to evade Piercing Gaze of N'Zoth.
In Phase 3, before Gift of N'Zoth: Lunacy goes out, you have to make sure you do not have a huge Mastery: Ignite ticking on the boss, as you can very quickly kill a large portion of the raid group. It is critical to not have Combustion active during this because the Ignite being spread from your burst DPS during Combustion is nearly guaranteed to kill multiple raid members.
Avoid using cooldowns while you have the 50% reduced damage done debuff from Storm of Annihilation.
Your job on this fight as a Fire Mage is to maximize execute (phase 3) DPS, due to the strength of Searing Touch. When the boss is getting closer to transitioning to phase 3, make sure you keep Combustion so it is ready for when phase 3 begins.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 May 2019: Added more tips.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th