Fury Warrior Essences — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, we go over the Essence system in Patch 8.3 of World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth, and we tell you which are the best essences to use as Fury Warrior, both for minor and major powers. Please refer to our Patch 8.3 Essence Guide for more information about the new essences introduced in Patch 8.3 and to our Essence guide for more general information about the Essence system and where Essences can be obtained from.
Azerite Essences for Fury Warriors
Introduced in Patch 8.2, Essences are unique items that drop from various forms of content. They are activated through your Heart of Azeroth, and they buff your character in various ways, depending on the Essences that are currently active.
For more information about essences, please check out the following:
- our Essence Guide, with all the essences and how to get them;
- our article on the new essences from Patch 8.3;
- our list of Patch 8.3 essence changes.
What follows on this page will relate directly to how Essences affect this spec, since generic information is beyond the scope of this guide.
Notable Essences for Fury Warriors
Condensed Life-Force ( Guardian of Azeroth + Condensed Life-Force) adds a very powerful 3-minute cooldown which lines up nicely with Recklessness. The summoned Guardian of Azeroth contributes a good deal of damage, typically around 5% of your total output over the course of an encounter, and also continually triggers the minor effect Azerite Spike, which increases the target's damage taken. The essence is also very competitive for sustained multitarget, although packs rarely last the full duration and the long cooldown is prohibitive.
Blood of the Enemy ( Blood of the Enemy + Blood-Soaked) is a very competitive essence which shines in multitarget situations or when the lower cooldown aligns with encounter mechanics. It syncs very well with Recklessness, and especially Reckless Abandon, seeing a lot of use in high Mythic+ dungeons for concentrated burst.
Essence of the Focusing Iris ( Focused Azerite Beam + Focused Energy) is the best constant AoE Essence, often competiting with Blood of the Enemy. Because the cooldown stands alone rather than enhancing player damage, it allows more frequent burst periods, which lends itself to lower Mythic+ dungeons with fast pulls. Depsite having slightly lower burst potential, it has the highest raw AoE damage potential of any essence. Conversely, the minor power is single target focused, which lends this Essence to being used to burn down adds while focusing a single major target.
Essences are still undergoing regular hotfix tuning, so this is only a cursory look at the relative value of each major and minor Essence power.
- Condensed Life-Force's Guardian of Azeroth
- Blood of the Enemy's Blood of the Enemy (multitarget)
- Essence of the Focusing Iris's Focused Azerite Beam (burst AoE)
- The Crucible of Flame's Concentrated Flame
- Breath of the Dying's Reaping Flames
- Memory of Lucid Dreams's Memory of Lucid Dreams
- Purification Protocol's Purifying Blast
- Vision of Perfection's Vision of Perfection
- The Unbound Force's The Unbound Force
- Conflict and Strife's Conflict
- Worldvein Resonance's Worldvein Resonance
- Spark of Inspiration's Moment of Glory
- The Formless Void's Replica of Knowledge
- Ripple in Space's Ripple in Space
- Memory of Lucid Dreams's Lucid Dreams
- Worldvein Resonance's Lifeblood (stacked with 3 others)
- Breath of the Dying's Lethal Strikes
- The Crucible of Flame's Ancient Flame
- Conflict and Strife's Strife
- Essence of the Focusing Iris's Focused Energy
- Blood of the Enemy's Blood-Soaked (multitarget)
- Purification Protocol's Purification Protocol (abberations or multitarget)
- Condensed Life-Force's Condensed Life-Force
- Spark of Inspiration's Unified Strength
- The Unbound Force's Reckless Force
- Vision of Perfection's Strive for Perfection
- The Formless Void's Symbiotic Presence
- Ripple in Space's Reality Shift
Essence Comparison Simulations
As with all simulations provided in our guides, they only provide a very rough guideline, and you should not rely on them for making decisions on your own gear. Always use Raidbots.com to sim your own character.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 25 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- Fan-Requested Pairing Made Reality in Shadows Rising
- Even Faster BWL Speed Clear: New Rank 1 with Over 20 Seconds Shaved Off
- 100% of All Plate Acomplished: DesMephisto's Quest Is Complete!
- All Legendary Powers Added So Far on Shadowlands Alpha
- Reputation Gains Increased By 60% This Week
- A Massive Pre-expansion Event? Beta? What Can We Expect from the Shadowlands Reveal Event?
- Cataclysm Timewalking (July 7th - July 14th)
- Death Knights & Demon Hunters Start At Level 8/10 in Shadowlands