Balance Druid Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is the Titanforging replacement introduced in Patch 8.3. For general Corruption information, please visit our Corruption page.
Best Corruptions for Balance Druid
We have provided simulations below for all the different Corruptions, but we will still go over the uses and benefits of several good Corruptions.
- Gushing Wounds is a consistent low Corruption budget single-target DPS gain.
- Expedient is another all-round good Corruption. Haste is our best performing stat and is generally heavily stacked. Severe is also not bad.
- Void Ritual is an all-secondary-stat proc. When combined with our cooldown, we can pump out an immense amount of damage. Works better with friends who share the Corruption.
- Infinite Stars is a pure single-target Corruption. It sims extremely high and performs well under the right (and lucky) circumstances. Large drop off on multi-target.
- Twilight Devastation is more of a Mythic+ Corruption, but still worth mentioning. You will need to play around the facing requirement and the range requirement, which can take a few missed beams to learn.
Negative Effects of Corruption
There are 5 negative effects based on your Corruption amount. In order of appearance, the effects are Grasping Tendrils, Eye of Corruption, Grand Delusions, Cascading Disaster, and, finally, Inevitable Doom.
- Grasping Tendrils can be shifted off.
- Eye of Corruption can be exited quickly by using Wild Charge or you can waddle out, as the damage is not extremely high.
- Grand Delusions spawn a Thing from Beyond, which can be rooted, stunned, or knocked, depending on your Level 60 talent choice and is not ordinarily a problem on its own. Multiple can spawn at once, so be wary of using all of your crowd control.
- Cascading Disaster builds upon Grand Delusions and, once again, you can crowd control the mob still.
- Inevitable Doom has no counterplay.
The amount of Corruption you accrue is entirely up to you. You can cleanse pieces or socket them with certain currency, but you will lose positive effects in both cases. While it seems Balance Druid is extremely well equipped to climb the Corruption charts, the unpredictability of the negative effects can be a huge detriment at times. Lets say your space is limited and you need to be tightly stacked for a fight, if you proc the Eye of Corruption, you could potentially die or waste valuable resources, such as defensive cooldowns or healer Mana. Is shifting out of a root or wasting globals running away from or crowd controlling a Thing from Beyond worth the boost in DPS? That is for you to decide.
Below are two graphs displaying simulations for single target Corruption and one for multi-target. The first is the DPS value of each effect and each tier. The second and third are an average DPS per point Corruption graph, which takes into account the Corruption value in relation to how much DPS the effect gives. All tiers are relatively evenly balanced and do not require showing each tier.
- 20 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- The Community's Growing Concerns With the Recent Realm Connections
- Sylvari Mantle "Shadowmeld" Soulbind Trait Removed in Shadowlands Beta Build 35522
- Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event Week 2 Preview
- Patch 8.3.7 Hotfixes: August 13th
- Official Preview of Shadowlands Adventures by Blizzard
- PvP Vendors Sell Soulbind Conduits and Legendary Power Recipes in Shadowlands
- Nathanos Blightcaller's Fate in the Shadowlands Pre-patch
- Shadowlands Base Edition Will Be Digital-Only?