Frost Death Knight DPS Vault of the Incarnates Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Frost Death Knight for each boss of the following raid: Vault of the Incarnates. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
Below, you can find class and spec-specific advice for every fight in Vault of the Incarnates. If you are looking for a general overview of the Raid that is not spec-specific, check out our dedicated Vault of the Incarnates guides.
On this page, you will find Frost Death Knight specific information to deal with each boss in the Vault of the Incarnates raid. These are not complete encounter guides but specific tips for doing the bosses as a Frost Death Knight.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Frost Death Knight and how you can deal with each fight as best as possible.
All recommendations are progression-based tips and will not necessarily be the best for an overall DPS ranking.
Picking talents as a Frost Death Knight is a tricky endeavor. There are essentially 3 different builds with quite similar DPS but very different gamestyles. We have DW Breath of Sindragosa, DW Obliteration, and 2H Obliteration. Breath is generally the maximum possible throughput. You can game mechanics to generate runic Power with Anti-Magic Shell and Anti-Magic Zone, moving your Breath uptime to nearly 100%. If you manage to do this, it will be the best build. However, suppose you mismanage your Breath or get an unavoidable mechanic forcing you out. In that case, you won't get that good of a result. Still, it is the recommended build due to its high maximum.
The alternatives come with builds focusing on Obliteration. These have far shorter and more frequent burst windows, meaning you don't have the same mechanics risk. Especially DW will have a constant damage profile and a fast-paced proc-based gameplay loop. I recommend running any of these builds if you don't like the Breath build or feel you need to get those high breath uptimes. DW Obliteration comes out on top in simulations, but Breath is still far better if played correctly!
- DW Obliteration — BsPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAcgIBASSiEIBRSSSIiIJRSEASkERkkkkkSSAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- 2H Obliteration — BsPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAcgIBASSiEIBRSSSIiIJRSSAIkERkkkkkSSAAAAAAAAAAAAA
The build above is your generic single target talent tree. Each boss below will note if it uses this build or a different one and if you should tweak anything. Running the same talent build for every single boss is not optimal.
For utility, there are a lot of options to choose from. Anti-Magic Zone is not useful on every boss, making Permafrost and Improved Death Strike better picks in those circumstances. You still have to pick up Asphyxiate to reach the bottom of the tree, though!
For Eranog, Frostwyrm's Fury will gain a lot of Power due to the add spawns. However, the adds do not have that high of a priority, and using Frostwyrm on them, while good for your DPS, is not very good for defeating the boss. I would run the default build here.
- Save your Frostwyrm's Fury for the adds that spawn if you have picked up this talent.
- You can use Death Grip and Abomination Limb to help control the small adds that spawn, grouping them up to help your team AoE them down more quickly.
For more information, please refer to our Eranog guide.
I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page for this, boss.
- Use your Anti-Magic Zone when the tank clears the spikes.
- Actively use your Anti-Magic Shell when big hits are incoming. Try and time it for when you need extra Runic Power for Breath of Sindragosa!
For more information, please refer to our Terros guide.
The Primal Council
This boss will be an insane boss for Breath of Sindragosa. The stacked 4-target cleave is good for this ability. Frost DK is likely to be a very powerful spec here! Pick up Coldthirst for the extra Runic Power generation!
Each boss must die within a few seconds of the others or risk a complete wipe. You will naturally do more damage to your current target, so be sure to target swap to the highest health boss. Make sure to use your Death and Decay as much as possible for the added Obliterate cleave.
- Use Anti-Magic Shell and Anti-Magic Zone to soak up magic damage and generate Runic Power!
For more information, please refer to our The Primal Council guide.
Sennarth, the Cold Breath
Death's Advance is such a blessing on this fight, making it far easier for us compared to other classes!
The big spider is going to be the biggest priority. Make sure to focus on this as soon as it spawns.
- You can use Anti-Magic Shell to run over patches of ice without taking damage. any
- Use Death's Advance to avoid the pull-in mechanic.
- Save Frostwyrm's Fury for the adds that spawn.
Frostwyrm's Fury has great value on this fight when fighting on the add platform. It is a solid option. We do pick up Blinding Sleet here to help with add CC.
- Use Death Grip and Abomination Limb to group up the platform's adds (if you are going there).
- Save Frostwyrm's Fury for the adds.
- Use Death's Advance to avoid the pulling effect of the tornado.
- Use Anti-Magic Shell and Anti-Magic Zone during the pulling tornado to generate Runic Power and help your raid survive.
- Use Blinding Sleet to interrupt the platform adds.
For more information, please refer to our Dathea, Ascended guide.
This is primarily a 2-target encounter on Mythic, making Breath of Sindragosa strong!
- Use Anti-Magic Zone to help reduce the raid-wide AoE damage once the boss reaches high energy as well as generating a ton of Runic Power.
- Use Anti-Magic Shell to generate extra Runic Power for your Breath of Sindragosa.
For more information, please refer to our Kurog Grimtotem guide.
Regardless of you sitting on the boss (that you should be doing as Frost DK) or hitting the adds, we use the same build.
- Leverage Death and Decay as much as possible on the adds (if you are fighting them).
- Use Anti-Magic Zone whenever the staff is active to generate extra Runic Power.
- Use Anti-Magic Shell to immune each application of the Frost debuff.
For more information, please refer to our Broodkeeper Diurna guide.
Raszageth the Storm-Eater
I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page for this boss.
- Use Death's Advance to avoid the pushback from the boss, trivializing multiple aspects of the fight.
- Use Blinding Sleet, Death Grip, and Mind Freeze to interrupt the sparks, killing them instantly.
- Use Anti-Magic Zone as the sparks on your raid members explode to generate Runic Power and help your raid survive.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Builds updated for 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Page added.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery