Frost Death Knight Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Dragonflight 10.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Frost Death Knight, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
One of the new parts of Shadowlands is that you have gained the ability to craft Legendaries through Runecarving. Runecarving becomes available to you as you progress through Torghast. You gain Legendary powers through different gameplay sources, and once you obtain them you can craft your own Legendary. Each of these Legendaries will boost the power of your character in a specific way, however you can only wear 1 Legendary item at a time. This guide will go over each Legendary effect to help you make the choice a lot easier.
Best Legendary Powers for Frost Death Knight
Our legendary choice depends on build and not situation. You simply change it whenever you change your talents.
- Rage of the Frozen Champion + Unity for Breath of Sindragosa Everywhere.
- Phearomones+ Unity for Obliteration in Raid.
- Biting Cold+ Unity for Obliteration in Mythic+.
It is crucial to understand the implication of your legendary choice and its interaction with talents you can pick up. If you pick up a talent that shares an effect with a legendary, the legendary will simply be disabled. This includes Rage of the Frozen Champion, Unholy Ground and Biting Cold.
Covenant Legendaries for Frost Death Knight
Frost Death Knight has the option of using one Legendary from its current Covenant.
- Kyrian Final Sentence — This is mainly an AoE Legendary. It does provide some value in single-target, 4% for 15 seconds, but this is overall really weak. It does well in AoE but the lack of single-target makes it an overall mediocre Legendary.
- Necrolord Abomination's Frenzy — One of the best Legendaries available to use. Its 20% damage increase every 2 minutes feeds well into both Breath of Sindragosa and Obliteration. The extra duration is also nice, especially when you combine it with the Brutal Grasp Conduit. Abomination Limb really becomes a powerful cooldown! This Legendary is a large reason why we recommend you to run Necrolord for Raiding in Patch 9.2.
- Night Fae Rampant Transference — A great Legendary for any AoE. The Strength buff stacks up to 20% with only 2 Obliterates in AoE scenarios, greatly buffing all your burst! This Legendary is a major reason why Night Fae is the recommended Mythic+ Covenant in 9.2.
- Venthyr Insatiable Hunger — Mainly an AoE Legendary, this makes our Swarming Mist windows even more potent. Unfortunately, it only really shines in AoE, making it a mediocre Legendary overall. It does have an interesting synergy with the Frost DK 4-Piece set bonus, since the Glacial Advances that it fires counts toward the Legendary's damage! It can potentially see play in Mythic+, but it is doubtful.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)