Frost Death Knight Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Frost Death Knight, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
One of the new parts of Shadowlands is that you have gained the ability to craft Legendaries through Runecarving. Runecarving becomes available to you as you progress through Torghast. You gain Legendary powers through different gameplay sources, and once you obtain them you can craft your own Legendary. Each of these Legendaries will boost the power of your character in a specific way, however you can only wear 1 Legendary item at a time. This guide will go over each Legendary effect to help you make the choice a lot easier.
Best Legendary Powers for Frost Death Knight
|Raiding ( Obliteration)||Koltira's Favor||Ring||Sludgefist (Castle Nathria)||Critical Strike and Mastery|
|Raiding ( Breath of Sindragosa)||Rage of the Frozen Champion||Ring||Torghast (Skoldus Hall, Layer 3+)||Critical Strike and Mastery|
|Mythic+ ( Obliteration)||Biting Cold||Waist||The Necrotic Wake||Critical Strike and Mastery|
|Mythic+ ( Breath of Sindragosa)||Rage of the Frozen Champion||Ring||Torghast (Skoldus Hall, Layer 3+)||Critical Strike and Mastery|
|Torghast||Biting Cold||Waist||The Necrotic Wake||Critical Strike and Mastery|
Best Raiding Legendaries for Frost Death Knight
- Koltira's Favor is the best single-target option when used with Obliteration.
- Rage of the Frozen Champion works really well with Breath of Sindragosa, coming up very close to Koltira's Favor in single-target. It is the recommended Legendary for Breath of Sindragosa due to its versatility.
Koltira's Favor is technically the best single-target throughput Legendary for any build. However, when it comes to Breath of Sindragosa, Rage of the Frozen Champion is pretty much always picked up. This is due to two main factors. One, Rage of the Frozen Champion feels much better to play. Your Breath windows become more fluid and last slightly longer. It does not feel bad to use up your Rimes anymore. Furthermore, as soon as we add more than a single target, Rage of the Frozen Champion beats Koltira's Favor. Players therefore opt to just always run Rage since the single-target downside is small, the feeling is better, and the AoE is superiour.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Frost Death Knight
- Biting Cold is the strongest choice for Mythic+ with the Obliteration build. This is generally due to other Legendaries not working well with the Obliteration playstyle.
- Rage of the Frozen Champion is a great, well-rounded option for Mythic+ and Torghast with Breath of Sindragosa. It provides both solid single-target and great AoE damage.
You can opt to pick up Biting Cold with Breath of Sindragosa as well. It brings slightly more AoE for quite significantly lower single-target. The AoE does also become more consistent which is an added benefit. I think for Fortified weeks specifically where you do not plan any huge pulls around your Breath of Sindragosa, Biting Cold is the possible play.
- 17 Jul. 2021: Added more explanations.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Guide Reviewed and updated for Patch 9.1.
- 25 Mar. 2021: Fixed a small typo in the table.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added a section with the BiS Legendary for each major form of content.
- 24 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: August 2nd
- Fly Without a Mount, Cast Spells, Even in Instances on BCC PTR!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: A Look At Individual Bosses
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips