Frost Death Knight Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Frost Death Knight, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
One of the new parts of Shadowlands is that you have gained the ability to craft legendaries through Runecarving. Runecarving becomes available to you as you progress through Torghast. You gain legendary powers through different gameplay sources, and once you obtain them you can craft your own legendary. Each of these legendaries will boost the power of your character in a specific way, however you can only wear 1 legendary item at a time. This guide will go over each legendary effect to help you make the choice a lot easier.
Best Legendary Powers for Frost Death Knight
|Raiding||Koltira's Favor||Shoulder||Sludgefist (Castle Nathria)||Critical and Mastery|
|Mythic+||Biting Cold||Head||The Necrotic Wake||Critical and Mastery|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)||Critical and Mastery|
|Generic Legendary||Rage of the Frozen Champion||Gloves||Torghast (Layer 3+)||Critical and Mastery|
Best Raiding Legendaries for Frost Death Knight
- Koltira's Favor is by far the best single-target option, however it loses to Biting Cold in AoE by a large margin.
- Rage of the Frozen Champion is the second-best option for single-target, while also being a slightly more competitive option for AoE, making it fantastic choice.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Frost Death Knight
- Biting Cold is the strongest choice for Mythic+ seeing as its guaranteed Rime proc effect is very easy to benefit from in Mythic+ encounters.
- Rage of the Frozen Champion is a well-rounded option for Mythic+ and Torghast, seeing as it offers the best balance of competitive AoE and single-target.
- 25 Mar. 2021: Fixed a small typo in the table.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added a section with the BiS Legendary for each major form of content.
- 24 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 9: Shadow Climbs to the Top
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Soul Cinders Currency in Patch 9.1: Legendary Upgrade Costs and Drop Amounts
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38549
- Big Negativity, Toxicity and Criticism Commentary by Asmongold and Other Streamers
- Priest Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38549
- Sanctum of Domination Boss Video Previews
- Paladin Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38549