Frost Death Knight DPS Castle Nathria Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.0
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Frost Death Knight for each boss of the following raid: Castle Nathria. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.0.
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
On this page, you will find Frost Death Knight specific information pertaining to each boss in the Castle Nathria raid.
This page does assume that you are decently familiar with the mechanics of each boss as we do not go through each mechanic on this page, only how certain mechanics would affect you as a Death Knight.
Here's the generic recommended talent setup for all bosses:
Here's the generic recommended talent setup for all bosses, and you can import it with the following string:
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Shriekwing: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- Anti-Magic Shell helps protect against the damage of Sanguine Ichor, if you are affected by Echolocation.
- We recommend running Wraith Walk for a quick way to line of sight.
- If using Breath of Sindragosa, try to not use it until after Earsplitting Shriek, in order to maximize the uptime of Breath of Sindragosa.
- If you are unable to hide for Earsplitting Shriek, you can use Anti-Magic Shell to prevent being Horrified.
- When Shriekwing is phasing, she teleports to the middle of the room to cast Blood Shroud. You are able to stand in her circle and continue DPSing her until she finishes her cast and knocks you back. Just make sure you get knocked back to your group for the intermission.
For more information, please refer to our Shriekwing guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Huntsman Altimor: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- Keep Frost Fever on all targets to maximize the damage and the passive Runic Power gain that Frost Fever provides. This is best done through Rime procs, however regular Howling Blast casts are fine too.
- Try to position your Frostwyrm's Fury and Breath of Sindragosa to cleave as many targets as possible by facing the optimal direction that hits the most targets.
- If you are targeted by Sin Seeker use Anti-Magic Shell before the cast goes off the prevent the Sin Seeker debuff.
- Death Grip can be used to group up the Shades of Bargast, however this should be organized by your raid so people are ready to DPS them.
For more information, please refer to our Huntsman Altimor guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Hungering Destroyer: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- Make sure to organize with your Raid Leader when and where to effectively use Anti-Magic Zone, in order to help prevent as much magic damage as possible.
- Use Death's Advance to prevent the pull mechanic of Consume, in order to quickly run out of range of the mechanic.
- Anti-Magic Shell can be used in order to soak the orb from your own Expunge. You can use this in order to stay in melee range for this mechanic and maintain uptime on the boss.
- Anti-Magic Shell can be used to prevent the damage from Gluttonous Miasma for a period of time. This can be very useful on Mythic difficulty since people soaking Gluttonous Miasma targets gain the Essence Sap debuff.
- Using Anti-Magic Shell before Volatile Ejection goes off can prevent the debuff and damage taken by the ability.
For more information, please refer to our Hungering Destroyer guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Artificer Xy'Mox: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- This fight is primarily single-target, meaning you should run a build focusing on that. Even though the fight is primarily single-target, you can use Howling Blast or aim your Frostwyrm's Fury towards anyone that gets trapped.
- Death's Advance prevents the pull effect that starts with Phase 3.
- If you are targeted by a Fleeting Spirit, you can use Anti-Magic Shell in order to soak the spirit.
- Both Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude can be used to soak the traps on the ground, making Death Knights one of the best classes for clearing the traps.
- If you accidentally get trapped, you can use Icebound Fortitude while trapped to break free, if you do this try to clear other traps while you still have Icebound Fortitude active.
For more information, please refer to our Artificer Xy'Mox guide.
Sun King's Salvation
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sun King's Salvation: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- Sun King's Salvation seems like a big AoE/Cleave fight, however the most important damage during the fight is on the Shade of Kael'thas, making it a priority single target encounter. On Mythic difficulty, make sure you have damage saved for Shade of Kael'thas since breaking the damage shield of Unleashed Pyroclasm is very important.
- Phoenixes can be Death Griped and slowed with Chains of Ice in order to keep them CCed and out of the raid. Since so many adds are gripable with Death Grip in this fight it is recommended to use Death's Reach to increase the range of your Death Grip.
- Vile Occultists, Bleakwing Assassins, and Pestering Fiends are all able to be Death Griped and gripped with Abomination Limb (If you are Necrolord).
- If you are the Necrolord Covenant, be careful using Abomination Limb when the phoenixes are up since Abomination Limb can accidentally grip them.
- Soul Infusers can be slowed with Chains of Ice.
- Anti-Magic Zone is great when used for Ember Blast from the Shade of Kael'thas, make sure to place it on the person with Ember Blast.
For more information, please refer to our Sun King's Salvation guide.
Lady Inerva Darkvein
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Lady Inerva Darkvein: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- You can use Anti-Magic Shell while Inerva is casting either Lightly Concentrated Anima, Concentrated Anima, or Highly Concentrated Anima in order to always prevent the add from being cast on you. If you successfully prevent an add from being cast on you, then you have 1 less add to deal with during that phase. This means you usually want to save Anti-Magic Shell for add casts.
- If you are assigned to an add to interrupt then do not interrupt immediately, wait until the cast is at least half way done before you cast Mind Freeze.
- Anti-Magic Zone can be placed so that it covers all people affected by the add casts. Make sure to place this early, so they can position themselves correctly.
For more information, please refer to our Lady Inerva Darkvein guide.
The Council of Blood
We advise you to use the following Legendary against The Council of Blood: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- Make sure to correctly do the dance, so you can maximize your stacks of Fancy Footwork.
- Frost Fever does have a passive Runic Power generation effect, meaning you want to ensure that you have it up on all bosses at all times. You should use regular Howling Blast casts if you do not have a Rime proc to maintain your uptime.
- Anti-Magic Zone should be used to help prevent the damage and quickly get rid of the stacks of Dancing Fever on Mythic difficulty.
- If you are assigned to an interrupt on Mythic difficulty, try using the Spirit Drain conduit to benefit from having to Mind Freeze.
For more information, please refer to our The Council of Blood guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sludgefist: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- Death's Advance prevent the knockback from Colossal Roar, Sludgefist uses this ability when he enters combat on pull so use Death's Advance as you pull Sludgefist.
- Be careful not to move too far from your ally when affected with Chain Link.
- Save your major burst cooldowns for Destructive Impact; this mostly means Breath of Sindragosa (if talented) and Frostwyrm's Fury. If running Breath of Sindragosa, have at least 60 Runic Power ready. You can also save your Cold Heart stacks for Destructive Impact to align with your other cooldowns.
For more information, please refer to our Sludgefist guide.
Stone Legion Generals
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Stone Legion Generals: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- Make sure to save Wraith Walk to easily move out of the Reverberating Eruption.
- Use Death's Advance to prevent the knockback of Shattering Blast.
- Death Grip can be used to grip Stone Legion Skirmishers to the boss on Mythic difficulty.
- Death's Advance can be used to prevent the push back from Stonegale Effigy of the Stone Legion Skirmishers on Mythic difficulty.
- Icebound Fortitude can be used to prevent and get out of the stun from Ravenous Feast of the Stone Legion Goliath and the Crystallize, if you are targeted with it.
For more information, please refer to our Stone Legion Generals guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sire Denathrius: Rage of the Frozen Champion.
- Make sure to save Frostwyrm's Fury for the add spawn in Phase 1 and try to pair it up with Pillar of Frost to maximize the damage. It is also possible to save a Rime proc for the adds, however this will significantly increase your damage.
- Death's Advance can prevent the knockback caused by Shattering Pain.
- Thanks to the passive of Death's Advance, you do not need to soak any Cleansing Pains in Phase 1, since the stacks will not slow you below 70% during the intermission. You can also use Death's Advance before the intermission to have 100% movement speed while running towards Sire Denathrius during March of the Penitent.
- Keep Frost Fever on Remornia as well as Sire Denathrius through the use of either Rime procs or regular Howling Blast.
- Use Anti-Magic Shell to help prevent the damage from Blood Price. This is commonly used on the first Blood Price in both Phase 1 and 3.
- Biting Cold is a powerful Legendary for Sire Denathrius for both Phase 1 and 2 if you need more damage on Echoes of Sin and Cabalists.
For more information, please refer to our Sire Denathrius guide.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)