Guardian Druid Tank Azerite Traits/Powers and Armor — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
This page will be a comprehensive guide to you in choosing your Azerite traits and gear for your Guardian Druid. It is updated for the latest World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth — Patch (8.2.5), and it is best understood if read together with our Heart of Azeroth guide.
Choosing Azerite Gear as a Guardian Druid
When comparing two Azerite Gear pieces, the most important consideration is whether it has one or more of our strong S tier traits on it. Generally, this is all you need to know to make a decision; our best Outer Ring traits are worth taking over virtually any reasonable item level increase in terms of defensive value, and you should aim to always have one of these traits in every Azerite Armor slot. Beyond that, having strong Inner Ring traits is the second priority, though these are typically less important than the Outer Ring traits.
When considering an Azerite Armor piece's offensive value, it is strongly recommended that you sim your character using a tool like Raidbots to determine the most optimal setup. It is nearly impossible to accurately account for all the factors at play with a general guideline, but typically a minor DPS difference between two traits will be outweighed by an increase in item level.
Choosing Azerite Traits as a Guardian Druid
How to Use this List
S Tier traits are the strongest traits available. They will provide the most benefit to you in almost all circumstances, and you should aim to get these traits on your gear whenever possible.
A Tier traits are situationally strong or provide good throughput, but are not as strong as S Tier traits in all situations.
B Tier traits are typically weaker bonuses that are either too inconsistent or unreliable for general use, or they provide minor bonuses that do not have a significant impact on your ability to tank.
C Tier traits do not provide relevant tanking-related combat bonuses, and should not be considered for survivability purposes. Note that while they should not be used for survivability, they do provide significant offensive bonuses.
The traits within each tier are presented in no particular order.
Outer Rings Traits for Guardian Druid
- Layered Mane causes Ironfur to have a 10% chance to apply a second stack, and also increase your Agility (and therefore your Armor) while it is active.
- Twisted Claws causes Thrash to have a 50% chance to increase your Agility for 12 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Undulating Tides grants your spells and abilites a chance to deal Frost damage. Additionally, when you fall below 50% health, you gain an absorb for 8 seconds.
- Burst of Savagery causes your Gore-empowered Mangles to grant Mastery for 5 seconds and has a 15% chance to activate Gore again.
- Masterful Instincts grants Mastery and Armor after Survival Instincts expires.
- Waking Dream causes Ysera's Gift to heal every 4 seconds, and heal for an additional amount for each of your active Rejuvenations. This is not selectable in Guardian spec, but will work if you select it as Restoration and then switch back to Guardian. Additionally, this trait only works if you are talented into Restoration Affinity.
- Guardian's Wrath causes Maul to deal extra damage and reduce the cost of your next Ironfur by 15 Rage, stacking up to 3 times.
- Wild Fleshrending causes Shred and Swipe to deal additional damage if your target is suffering from Thrash.
- Power of the Moon causes Moonfire to deal additional damage over time. This is not selectable in Guardian spec but it will work if you select it in Balance and switch back to Guardian. The second component of this trait (the chance to grant Lunar Empowerment) does not work in Guardian.
- Person-Computer Interface increases a secondary stat if you have a Pocket-Sized Computation Device equipped. The secondary that is chosen depends on which Logic Board you have equipped.
- Ancients' Bulwark grants you Versatility while you are not moving, and heals you over time while you are moving. This trait is exclusive to Alliance players and has no Horde equivalent.
- Filthy Transfusion gives your damaging ability a chance to do damage over 6 seconds to the target, healing you for the damage done.
- Blood Rite causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Haste for 15 seconds. Killing enemies refreshes this effect.
- Tradewinds causes your spells to have a chance to grant you Mastery for 15 seconds. When this buff expires, it jumps once to a nearby ally at half duration and amount.
- Champion of Azeroth gives your abilities a chance to increase all your secondary stats for a minute, stacking up to 4 times. Getting a new proc will refresh the duration, so you will keep this at 4 stacks throughout an entire fight.
- Synaptic Spark Capacitor gives your abilities a chance to put a debuff on your target. This debuff will deal damage to enemies within 8 yards of the target with the debuff, and causes them to do 5% less damage to you. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Gory Regeneration causes Frenzied Regeneration to heal for more, and also causes Mangle to increase the duration of an active Frenzied Regeneration by 1 second per target hit, up to a maximum of 3 seconds.
- Secrets of the Deep causes your spells to have a chance to spawn a Surging Droplet nearby, which you can collect to increase your primary stat for 18 seconds. Rarely, a Void Droplet will be created instead, which increases your primary stat for twice as much as Surging Droplet's when collected.
- Arcane Heart causes every 1,500,000 combined damage and healing you deal to increase your highest secondary stat, and heal for 5% of all Arcane damage you take for 15 seconds.
- Clockwork Heart grants you all secondary stats for 12 seconds, once per minute.
- Seductive Power causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to conjure Bwonsamdi. If you approach him, you gain a small increase to all stats for 5 minutes, stacking up to 5 times. If you fail to heed his call, you lose one stack.
- Incite the Pack causes you to occasionally increase your Mastery and that of up to two nearby allies for 20 seconds.
- Meticulous Scheming causes you to gain a buff for 8 seconds that transforms into a 20-second Haste buff after you cast 3 different spells while it is active.
- Relational Normalization Gizmo causes your spells to have a chance to grant you a primary stat and maximum health buff or Haste and 50% movement speed for 10 seconds. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Anduin's Dedication / Sylvanas' Resolve causes your spells to have a chance to increase your primary stat for 10 seconds. If an ally dies nearby you also instantly gain this effect. Note that this is a PvP trait.
- Bracing Chill causes your heals to have a chance to apply Bracing Chill to the target. Healing a target with Bracing Chill will heal for an additional amount and move Bracing Chill to a nearby ally, up to 6 times.
- Last Gift / Retaliatory Fury causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to grant Mastery and an absorb shield . Note that this is a PvP trait; also, taking damage from a member of the opposite faction has a chance to activate this effect, making these traits much strong in PvP content.
- Stronger Together causes your abilities to have a chance to plant a factional banner for 6 seconds, empowering yourself and up to 4 allies with the spirit of the Alliance.
- Loyal to the End increases your Mastery, plus additional Mastery for every nearby ally who also has the trait selected. When you die, your allies gain Critical Strike, Haste, and Versatility equal to their own Mastery bonus.
- Rezan's Fury causes your damaging abilities to have a chance to summon a Child of Rezan, which deals Physical damage to your target and causes them to bleed for additional damage over 12 seconds.
- Blightborne Infusion causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 14 seconds.
- Ruinous Bolt gives your abilities a chance to summon a Soul (pet) by your side for 14 seconds. The Soul deals Shadow damage to a random nearby target.
- Swirling Sands causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 12 seconds. This duration can be extended by landing Critical Strikes up to a maximum of 18 seconds.
- Thunderous Blast gives your damaging abilities a chance blast the target for extra Nature damage, and cause the target to take 20% more damage from your next blast. When the bonus damage reaches 100%, the next blast will Critically Strike, and reset the bonus damage back to 0%.
- Tidal Surge gives your damaging abilities a chance to deal some Frost damage to the target and slow it by 20%.
- Dagger in the Back gives your abilities a chance to shoot a dagger at your target, applying a damage over time effect for 12 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. If you shoot this dagger when behind the target, it will apply 2 stacks.
- Barrage Of Many Bombs gives you a chance to fire a clusterbomb at your current target. When the bomb gets close, it explodes into smaller bombs which do AoE damage when they hit the ground.
- Ricocheting Inflatable Pyrosaw causes your spells to have a chance to heal up to 4 allies for a large amount. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Battlefield Focus / Battlefield Precision gives your abilities a chance to apply stacks of a debuff to the target. This debuff causes them to take more damage from all raid members. Note that this is a PvP trait.
- Stand As One gives your abilities a chance to drop a Banner for 6 seconds, which buffs you and 4 nearby allies with their primary stat, and increases maximum Health.
- Unstable Catalyst causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to create a zone standing in which increases your primary stat.
- Liberator's Might gives your abilities a chance to give you Haste, and even more Critical Strike for 10 seconds.
Middle Ring Traits for Guardian Druid
- Overwhelming Power causes your damaging spells to have a chance to increase your Haste. The amount of Haste granted decreases every second or whenever you take damage.
- Blood Siphon passively increases your Mastery and Leech.
- On My Way passively increases your Versatility and Speed.
- Ablative Shielding causes damage that takes you below 40% of your maximum health to grant you Armor for 10 seconds. Taking further Physical damage will reduce the Armor bonus granted. This can only occur every 30 seconds.
- Unstable Flames causes your damaging spells to have a chance to grant a Critical Strike buff for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Heed My Call gives your damaging abilities a chance to deal additional Nature damage to the target, and a smaller amount of damage to nearby targets.
- Lifespeed passively increases your Haste and Avoidance.
- Crystalline Carapace causes incoming damage that is greater than 10% of your maximum health to grant you Armor and deal damage to your attacker.
- Shimmering Haven grants a chance on taking damage to create a pool beneath your feet for 10 seconds. While you stand in this pool, your maximum health and Armor are increased.
- Earthlink increases your primary stat, with the exact amount cycling between a minimum value and maximum value every 6 seconds.
- Azerite Veins grants you a chance on taking damage to heal every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Reaching full health will cancel this effect early.
- Strength in Numbers grants a chance on taking damage to increase your maximum health for each nearby enemy for 15 seconds.
- Winds of War causes incoming damage to grant you Dodge for 3 seconds, stacking up to 10 times.
Inner Ring Traits for Guardian Druid
- Impassive Visage heals you when you take damage. It can not occur more often than every 6 seconds.
- Resounding Protection causes you to gain an absorb shield every 30 seconds.
- Gemhide causes you to gain Avoidance and Armor for 10 seconds when you take damage that exceeds 10% of your maximum health.
- Personal Absorb-o-Tron grants you a chance, when taking damage, to gain a large absorb shield for up to 1 minute. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Vampiric Speed causes you to self-heal and gain Speed for 6 seconds whenever an enemy you damaged dies.
- Ursoc's Endurance causes Barkskin to grant you an absorb for 8 seconds.
- Auto-Self-Cauterizer grants you a chance, when taking damage, to self-heal for a large amount and remove most bleed effects as well as slowing nearby enemies by 30% for 5 seconds. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Bulwark of the Masses causes you to gain a moderate absorb shield when surrounded by 4 or more enemies, but can only occur once every 15 seconds.
- Switch Hitter causes an ability from your chosen Affinity to grant an additional bonus for 20 seconds.
- Reawakening causes an ally resurrected by your Rebirth to absorb damage over 15 seconds.
- Longstrider increases your movement speed by a percentage of your highest secondary stat, with a maximum movement speed gain limit.
- Self Reliance causes you to be healed every 3 seconds while no enemies are within 12 yards of you.
Azerite Traits Details and Rotation Changes for Guardian Druid
Some of your Azerite Traits can have big impact on the way you play the game, select your gear and even affect talent choices. It is important to understand how they work with each other and on their own.
If you have Gory Regeneration, every Frenzied Regeneration you cast should be immediately followed by a Mangle, in order to always gain 1 extra second of healing. If you are also talented into Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc, you will be able to gain up to 3 additional seconds of Frenzied Regeneration by casting Mangles.
Here is a list of the best pieces of Azerite gear you can obtain from currently available content.
- Helm: Shroud of Unmooring Whispers, looted from Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha in the Eternal Palace
- Shoulders: Shoulderpads of Frothing Rage, looted from Radiance of Azshara in the Eternal Palace
- Chest: Tunic of the Sycophant, looted from The Queen's Court in the Eternal Palace.
Find Azerite Armor By Trait/Power
In the table below, you can see all of the Azerite gear available to your Guardian Druid. By using the + button located next to each item, you can expand the list of Azerite powers that this item possesses (to collapse the list, simply click the - button).
If you want to filter items according to the powers that they offer, you can use the filters below.
|Head Items||Shoulders Items||Chest Items|