Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Sanctum of Domination Raid Guide — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Havoc Demon Hunter for each boss of the following raid: Sanctum of Domination. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
On this page, you will find Havoc-Demon Hunter-specific information to deal with each boss in the Sanctum of Domination raid. The tips provided on this page were given based on Shadowlands Season 4, and may be partially outdated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Havoc Demon Hunter and what you can do to deal with each fight as best as possible.
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
Havoc has a few changes from 9.2 that has more firmly focused it into one damage profile and Covenant choice that became strong at the tail end of Patch 9.1.5. Therefore, some of the approaches are slightly different on some bosses but by and large follows many of the same rules in Season 4.
Currently there is one dominant raiding build that is rarely deviated from outside of very specific situations. You run Darkglare Boon as your single target legendary due to the interactions with Sinful Brand. In some situations you may want Netherwalk and can trade Improved Fel Rush out for netherwalk at a minor DPS loss.
Soulbind: Nadjia (Link)
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Tarragrue.
The Tarragrue encounter focuses heavily around the 4 Anima Powers you are offered in the surrounding trash. Some are better, some are worse, but you are not always offered everything and most of them are within margin. However, some notes:
- Powers to avoid: Lumbering Form and Ten of Towers both have a high chance of getting allies killed or causing wipes. Do not take these.
- Powers to look out for: Ever-Beating Heart effectively allows you to ignore many of the most obnoxious mechanics in melee, and while not a DPS power, is a great comfort pick.
General tips for dealing with the encounter:
- Be careful using Fel Rush when either you or other players are affected by Predator's Howl to avoid being feared.
- Glaive Tempest is an option to switch to if you are struggling to use Fel Rush with the fear circles active.
- Try to have charges of Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat to get to safe spots during Hungering Mist.
- You can opt into Netherwalk to be able to immune one of the Hungering Mist hits and get higher boss uptime.
- In the final phase you can abuse your high mobility and Netherwalk immunity to taunt the boss with Torment and kite it.
For more information, please refer to our The Tarragrue guide.
The Eye of the Jailer
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Eye of the Jailer.
This fight is predominantly single-target with some add phases.
- Aim to have Metamorphosis ready for the final 33% burn if possible, as this is usually when you will Bloodlust to burn the boss before the raid is overwhelmed.
- Door of Shadows can be used to skip over the Annihilating Glare beam with good timing, and Netherwalk can be used in the same way to immune the damage and pass through.
- Try to have charges of Fel Rush or Vengeful Retreat available when pushing against Dragging Chains, and to move quickly from Annihilating Glare.
- Use Blur during the intermission when targeted by Spreading Misery or Desolation Beam. Make sure to have it ready for the final 33% when stacks get high from Immediate Extermination.
- Save Darkness for the final burn when the raid has high stacks of Immediate Extermination.
- Remember that the boss leaves at 66% and 33% for the intermission, so try not to commit and waste cooldowns as this is about to happen.
For more information, please refer to our The Eye of the Jailer guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Nine.
- Be careful about using Fel Rush during Reverberating Refrain to avoid getting caught out of the circle, and conversely use it to make sure you stay within Wings of Rage.
- If targeted by Arthura's Crushing Gaze you can make use of Netherwalk to immune the hit; just make sure to communicate this with your group.
- Make sure to interrupt Song of Dissolution when the channel begins, and any spare interrupts can be used on other casts to gain Fury from Disrupt.
- On Mythic make sure to have at least one mobility tool banked to get to the edge for the Fragments of Destiny to get dispelled.
For more information, please refer to our The Nine guide.
Remnant of Ner'zhul
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Remnant of Ner'zhul.
Mostly single-target with some very brief moments with adds that need to be killed very quickly. Also has high movement with a small amount of downtime.
- Vengeful Retreat is a great tool to get to the edge when carrying an Orb of Torment Sorrowful Procession to the edge, and Fel Rush can be used to get back on the platform if you are knocked.
- You can use Fel Rush, Vengeful Retreat, Glide and Metamorphosis to reset the momentum from the knockback from Malevolence. This makes it easy to stick to the boss and stay on the platform.
- While movement is at a premium on the fight, having a charge of Fel Rush banked to get to save spots during Grasp of Malice is useful. These can also be immuned with Netherwalk, but make sure to Glide after as you will still be knocked back.
For more information, please refer to our Remnant of Ner'zhul guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Soulrender Dormazain.
- You can opt to save Metamorphosis to spread Sinful Brand to add waves for extra add damage, but timings can sometimes be awkward so plan based on what other AoE is present in your raid.
- Make sure to stack the Brand of Torment on the Mawsworn Agonizers here; the damage increase is worth the low extra group damage.
- For the Tormented dance patterns, make sure to have a charge of Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat ready for the cross-room pattern.
- During Warmonger Shackles use Blur and try to place Darkness in a good spot for the raid to make use of.
- Mawsworn Agonizers' Agonizing Nova is important to interrupt. Chaos Nova, Fel Eruption, and Disrupt can all be used here to lock these down.
For more information, please refer to our Soulrender Dormazain guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Painsmith Raznal.
- Due to the cooldown of Metamorphosis it is better to use it on pull, and then line up the second cast with the add wave spawn after the second intermission leading into the final phase.
- Fel Rush is useful here as it is a high-movement fight, but be careful which direction you move as there are a lot of lethal mechanics.
- Glaive Tempest is an alternative if you are struggling to get value out of Unbound Chaos.
- If positioned carefully, you can still hit the Spiked Balls from melee, but make sure to do it from max range.
- Blur and Darkness are best saved for detonations of the Flameclasp Traps, especially at the tail end of Phase 3 with high stacks of Lingering Flames ticking.
- Door of Shadows can be used to skip over Spike lines and Balls, and in an emergency you can double jump off the platform and Glide around them, landing back in a safe spot.
For more information, please refer to our Painsmith Raznal guide.
Guardian of the First Ones
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Guardian of the First Ones.
A pure single-target burn encounter with very little else to worry about.
- This fight is a pure single-target burn, so aim to keep uptime as high as possible.
- Save Blur for situations where your raid is taking Purging Protocol hits, either before entering an Energy Core or at the end of the fight when you run out of cores.
- If your raid intends to take multiple Purging Protocol ticks, you should use Darkness here with the group stacked.
- Have a charge of Fel Rush to get out of Meltdown ready, and also keep one banked to get out of the Disintegration beam if it targets you.
- Position yourself to the side of the boss to bait Disintegration away from the ranged camp. Just stay clear of the tanks to avoid the Elimination Pattern frontal.
- On Mythic save a charge of Fel Rush for any situation you are targeted by Threat Neutralization to position around the Energy Core. This is your priority number one.
- Use Netherwalk to immune the damage from Obliterate if you are assigned to soak it.
For more information, please refer to our Guardian of the First Ones guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Fatescribe Roh-Kalo.
- If you are targeted by Call of Eternity you can create massive distance with Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat to place the orbs in a good spot for your raid.
- Blur is best used if you are forced out of range of healers for any of the by Grim Portent on Mythic, or if you are handling the Loom in the intermission when targeted by Runic Affinity.
- Have a charge of Fel Rush or Vengeful Retreat banked to avoid the Fated Conjunction comfortably.
- Netherwalk has a lot of opportunities to get value here if you are caught out in a bad position to prevent the damage, in particular during Fated Conjunction. Try to save this but be quick to use it if you cannot get to safety.
For more information, please refer to our Fatescribe Roh-Kalo guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Kel'Thuzad.
- It is difficult to get much value out of spread Sinful Brand from Metamorphosis because of the low duration of add waves, but the intermission is likely your best chance. Make sure to always try to maintain it on the boss with the active cast.
- Blur and Darkness are best served for surviving the Frozen Destruction detonations from Glacial Spikes.
- You can use Netherwalk to help soak the Frost Blast casts safely.
- Chaos Nova, Fel Eruption, and Disrupt can all be used to interrupt the Piercing Wail casts from the tank adds spawned.
- Be careful if using Chaos Nova near Frostbound Devoted, as when the stun fades they will re-fixate their target.
For more information, please refer to our Kel'Thuzad guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Sylvanas Windrunner.
- Make sure to have both a charge of Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat available to be able to get out and back in during Veil of Darkness.
- Try to have burst AoE tools ( Eye Beam/ Unbound Chaos procs) to burst down Domination Arrows in Phase 1.
- In Phase 1, Blur should be saved if you have high stacks of Barbed Arrow and cannot clear soon with Domination Chains.
- In Phase 2 try to have movement tools available for the Banshee Scream to give more room to other melee. Door of Shadows can also be used to get far out when the raid is moving between platforms.
- In Phase 3, Blur and Darkness should always be saved for dealing with Wailing Arrow or Banshee's Fury, as these are the pressure points in Phase 3.
- Netherwalk can be used to pick up stacks of Banshee's Bane on other platforms and get back for a dispel to survive if the raid needs it in Phase 3.
- In Phase 3 you can jump off the platform with Glide and get back on to bait Veil of Darkness away from other players.
For more information, please refer to our Sylvanas Windrunner guide.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Season 4.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 to more broadly accomodate Momentum/Demonic as equal.
- 10 Jul. 2021: Page added.
- New Dragonflight Cinematic: Alexstrasza Vs. Raszageth
- Players Stuck on Loading Screens and Waiting for Boats, Portals Appear
- Players Awaiting Dragonflight Launch
- Dragonflight Leveling Tips and Video Guide
- Dragonflight Launch Bingo Card
- Scheduled Dragonflight Weekly Maintenance: November 29-30
- Icy Veins Dragonflight Raid Spec Tier List
- Dungeon Guides for Dragonflight