Dragonflight PvP Season 3 Guide
Find out everything important about Dragonflight PvP Season 3.
- 1. When Does Dragonflight PvP Season 3 Start?
- 2. What's New in Dragonflight PvP Season 3?
- 3. PvP Class Changes in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- 4. Dragonflight PvP Season 3 Gear
- 5. Hellbloom War Mode Gear in Dragonflight Season 3
- 6. Honor Gear in Dragonflight Season 3
- 7. Conquest Gear in Dragonflight Season 3
- 8. What is the Conquest Cap in Dragonflight Season 3?
- 9. Elite Conquest PvP Gear (Cosmetics) in Dragonflight
- 10. Where to Upgrade Gear in Dragonflight Season 3?
- 11. How to Transform Crafted PvE Gear Into PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 3
- 12. Arena Map Pools and Rotation in Dragonflight Season 3
- 13. Dragonflight PvP Season 3 Rewards
- 14. The Great Vault (Dragonflight Weekly Chest)
When Does Dragonflight PvP Season 3 Start?
Dragonflight PvP Season 3 starts on November 14, on live servers in North America and one day later in Europe.
What's New in Dragonflight PvP Season 3?
The latest PvP season brings a new PvP Ladder, increased item level gear, and new rewards: Arena title: Verdant Gladiator, Rated Solo Shuffle title: Verdant Legend, a new weapon illusion, tabard, cloak, pennant, weapon appearances, Verdant Gladiator's Slitherdrake Dragonriding appearance, and new Vicious mounts — Alliance and Horde-themed Moonbeasts.
- Battleground Blitz — A new solo/duo queue for an 8v8 player fast-paced battleground experience has been implemented. Match objectives have been sped up, leading to an average match time of 10-12 minutes.
- PvP gear is no longer upgraded with Honor but uses the standard gear upgrading system introduced in Patch 10.1.
- All Arena map pools now have 2 additional maps.
- Bloodlust, Heroism, Time Warp, and Fury of the Aspects can now be used in Rated Battlegrounds.
- New War Mode Gear — Starter (blue quality) gear has 473 PvP item level. Upgraded (epic quality) gear has 486 PvP item level.
- Item appearances from previous seasons' Scalewarden and Drakebreaker gear can be purchased for Bloody Tokens from Warkeeper Gresh, located in Gladiator's Refuge in Valdrakken.
- Trophy of Strife is available for purchase from Malicia, in Gladiator's Refugee for 3,500 Honor each. These can only be purchased if you have fallen behind the rising seasonal cap.
- The cooldown on Gladiator's Medallion is now 90 seconds for all healer specializations (was 120 seconds).
- Many other items have been nerfed, you will find them in the official patch notes.
PvP Class Changes in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
Many classes received PvP changes in Patch 10.2. Check them out below!
Dragonflight PvP Season 3 Gear
In Dragonflight Season 3, we have four types of PvP Gear — Crafted, Honor, Conquest, and Scalewarden (War Mode) Gear.
|Gear Type||PvP Item Level|
|Crafted PvP Gear||463|
|Blue-Quality War Mode Gear (Hellbloom Gear)||473|
|Epic-Quality War Mode Gear (Upgraded Hellbloom Gear)||486|
Hellbloom War Mode Gear in Dragonflight Season 3
New Hellbloom Gear is available for purchase in Season 3.
- The blue quality War Mode Gear starts at Item Level 431 (Upgrade Level: Adventurer 2/8) with a PvP Item Level 473. You can purchase it from Malicia in Gladiator's Refuge. It can be upgraded to epic quality using Trophy of Strife, obtained from the weekly quests.
- Epic quality War Mode Gear starts at Item Level 450 (Upgrade Level: Veteran 4/8) with a PvP Item Level of 486.
Honor Gear in Dragonflight Season 3
Honor gear starts at Item Level 405. You can further upgrade it using the gear upgrading system added in Patch 10.2, but the upgrades will only increase the item's actual Item Level, not PvP Item Level. Honor gear has PvP Item Level 476.
Conquest Gear in Dragonflight Season 3
Conquest gear starts at Item Level 447 (450 in PvP) and can be further upgraded with Honor. The upgrades will only increase the actual Item Level and will scale to Item Level 489 in PvP at all ranks.
The Conquest Quartermaster is Calderax.
The exact item cost depends on the item slot.
- Helm, Chest, and Legs cost 875 Conquest.
- Shoulders, Gloves, and Feet cost 700 Conquest.
- Cloaks, Bracers, Rings, and Belt cost 500 Conquest.
- One-Hand weapons cost 900-1,350 Conquest.
- Off-Hands cost 450 Conquest.
- Two-Hand weapons cost 1800 Conquest.
- Trinkets (Gladiator/DPS) cost 525/700 Conquest.
What is the Conquest Cap in Dragonflight Season 3?
The Conquest cap is 1,350 for Week 1 of Season 3 and increases by 550 every week.
Elite Conquest PvP Gear (Cosmetics) in Dragonflight
Glamora is the Elite Conquest Quartermaster in Dragonflight. She sells cosmetic weapons for 5 or 10 Mark of Honor. You must reach 2.4k rating to be able to buy them.
Where to Upgrade Gear in Dragonflight Season 3?
PvP gear can be upgraded at Corxian in Valdrakken. The NPC can be found near the Elite Conquest Quartermaster.
How to Transform Crafted PvE Gear Into PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 3
Honor and Conquest vendors offer items that let you convert Crafted PvE Gear into PvP by increasing their Item Level in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
- Lesser Verdant Crest of Honor (costs 525 Honor) — Increases the Item Level to 476 in Arenas and Battlegrounds. Usable with Craftable epic items in the Neck, Back, Wrist, and Finger slots crafted with a Spark of Dreams.
- Verdant Crest of Honor (costs 700 Honor) — Increases the Item Level to 476 in Arenas and Battlegrounds.Usable with Craftable epic items in the Shoulders, Hands, Waist, and Feet slots crafted with a Spark of Dreams.
- Greater Verdant Crest of Honor — (costs 850 Honor) — Increases the Item Level to 476 in Arenas and Battlegrounds. Usable with Craftable epic items in the Head, Chest, or Leg slots crafted with a Spark of Dreams.
- Lesser Verdant Trophy of Conquest — Increases the Item Level to 489 in Arenas and Battlegrounds. Usable with Craftable epic items in the Neck, Back, Wrist, and Finger slots crafted with a Spark of Dreams.
- Verdant Trophy of Conquest — Increases the Item Level to 489 in Arenas and Battlegrounds. Usable with Craftable epic items in the Shoulders, Hands, Waist and Feet slots crafted with a Spark of Dreams.
- Greater Verdant Trophy of Conquest — Increases the Item Level to 489 in Arenas and Battlegrounds. Usable with Craftable epic items in the Head, Chest, or Leg slots crafted with a Spark of Dreams.
Arena Map Pools and Rotation in Dragonflight Season 3
Season 3 features an updated weekly map rotation for Rated and Skirmish Arenas that you can find below:
|Pool A||Pool B||Pool C|
|Nagrand Arena||Nagrand Arena||Nagrand Arena|
|Dalaran Sewers||Ruins of Lordaeron||Hook Point|
|Tiger's Peak||Tol'viron Arena||Empyrean Domain|
|Enigma Crucible||Tiger's Peak||Ashamane's Fall|
|Empyrean Domain||Blade's Edge Arena||The Robodrome|
|Ashamane's Fall||Maldraxxus Colliseum||Mugambala|
|Maldraxxus Colliseum||Black Rook Hold Arena||Enigma Crucible|
|Nokhudon Proving Grounds||Nokhudon Proving Grounds||Nokhudon Proving Grounds|
|Black Rook Hold Arena||Hook Point||Tol'viron Arena|
|Ruins of Lordaeron||The Robodrome||Dalaran Sewers|
Dragonflight PvP Season 3 Rewards
Gladiators will receive Winding Slitherdrake: Embodiment of the Verdant Gladiator appearance for the new Winding Slitherdrake Dragonriding mount.
Vicious mounts for this season are faction-themed Moonbeasts.
Achieving Elite: Dragonflight Season 3 awards the Dragonflight Season 3 Hero achievement and Emerald Blossom Dreamstone that unlocks additional visual effects for Amirdrassil Tier Sets.
Additionally, players who reach Challenger II Rank in the Season will receive the Dragonflight Season 3 Master achievement that rewards Emerald Mark of Mastery. The item can be turned in for 1 Heroic difficulty Amirdrassil tier set armor piece of your choice.
Other rewards include new Elite PvP Sets and Weapon Appearances, Verdant Legend's Pennant (toy), Verdant Gladiator's Prestigious Cloak, Verdant Gladiator's Tabard, and the Vedant Gladiator title for Rated 3v3 and Verdant Legend for Rated Solo Shuffle.
The Great Vault (Dragonflight Weekly Chest)
The Dragonflight Weekly Chest requires you to earn Honor each week to unlock item choices in the PvP category. You can find more details about the Great Vault and the requirements in our separate guide.
- 13 Nov. 2023: Placeholders updated.
- 31 Oct. 2023: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)