Beast Mastery Hunter Best Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits — Shadowlands 9.2.5
Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits are the most important character customization options in Shadowlands. They have a substantial impact on your toolkit and performance as Beast Mastery Hunter. This page's purpose is to help you pick the right options according to the content you intend to do in Shadowlands.
This page assumes that you are already familiar with Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits. If that is not the case, we have a number of pages that can help you get up to speed:
- Covenants Guide, which explains what Covenants are, what perks they bring, and how you can join one;
- Hunter Covenant Abilities, which lists all the abilities that Hunters gain by joining each Covenant;
- How To Change Covenant?, which tells you how you can switch Covenant (rejoining a former Covenant will require you to perform a number of tasks to regain their trusts);
- General Soulbind Guide, which explains what Soulbinds are and how you can pledge yourself to them to open up their Soulbind tree;
- Hunter Conduits, which lists all of the Conduits available to Hunters.
Covenant Recommendation Change in Patch 9.2
A big factor in changing Covenant recommendations in Patch 9.2 is the introduction of Double Legendaries, one of which must be the Covenant-specific Legendary. Therefore, a big part of these recommendations is not only the power of the Covenants and Soulbinds themselves, but also the Legendary Power associated with the Covenant.
Best Covenant for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Night Fae with Dreamweaver is the ultimate setup for Beast Mastery Hunters for pretty much all situations, with strong single-target and extremely powerful AoE burst damage via the Fragments of the Elder Antlers Legendary Power. The Dreamweaver Soulbind grants Podtender, which is a "cheat death"-style ability every 10 minutes. It is very important to stand in the Field of Blossoms circle for the full duration of Wild Spirits when using this Soulbind, to enhance your burst.
- Venthyr with Theotar the Mad Duke is the best Venthyr setup for Beast Mastery Hunters. It is generally weaker than Night Fae in all situations, especially AoE and burst, but it has a high-speed, reactive playstyle that many enjoy. Standing in the Parasol provided by Soothing Shade is important.
- Necrolord with Marileth is the best Necrolord setup for Beast Mastery Hunters. It is weak for all situations and should never be played in an optimal setup, but many enjoy the burst damage provided by the Bag of Munitions Legendary Power for Mythic+ especially.
- Kyrian with Forgelite Prime Mikanikos is the best Kyrian setup for Beast Mastery Hunters. It is weak for all situations and should never be played in an optimal setup. It plays similarly to Night Fae, but with a 1-minute cooldown in Resonating Arrow instead of a 2-minute one. However, the Crit provided by Resonating Arrow is devalued substantially by our Tier Set Bonuses, making Kyrian especially undesirable.
Best Soulbind for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Night Fae always runs Dreamweaver with the 3 Potency Conduits Spirit Attunement, One With the Beast, and Ferocious Appetite with the Set Bonus and Bloodletting without. We recommend the right path at the bottom of the Tree, allowing you 2 Endurance and 1 Finesse Conduits.
- Venthyr always runs Theotar the Mad Duke with the 3 Potency Conduits Empowered Release, One With the Beast, and Ferocious Appetite with the Set Bonus and Bloodletting without. We recommend going for any path that allows 2 Endurance Conduits, but the path you choose to get there is up to your personal preference and situation.
- Necrolord always runs Plague Deviser Marileth with the 3 Potency Conduits Bloodletting, One With the Beast, and Ferocious Appetite with the Set Bonus and Necrotic Barrage without. We recommend picking up 2 Endurance Conduits, and then going for the right path at the bottom of the tree to pick up Undulating Maneuvers.
- Kyrian always runs Forgelite Prime Mikanikos with the 3 Potency Conduits Enfeebled Mark, One With the Beast, and Ferocious Appetite with the Set Bonus and Bloodletting without. It is mandatory to pick the left side at the bottom of the tree to pick up the DPS Soulbind Ability Soulglow Spectrometer.
Understanding Ferocious Appetite
Ferocious Appetite is a Conduit that reduces your Aspect of the Wild cooldown for every Kill Command crit that you do. Since the set bonuses vastly increase Kill Command crit rate, the value of this Conduit goes up. The higher the rank of the Conduit, the lower you can expect your Aspect cooldown. At max iLvl, you can expect an Aspect cooldown of just 45 seconds, allowing you almost 50% uptime.
Before any set bonus, this is a poor Conduit however as few of your Kill Commadns will crit, and the Conduit will only serve to desync your Aspect from your Wild Spirits.
Best Conduits for Beast Mastery Hunter
Best Potency Conduits for Beast Mastery Hunter
We have mentioned the Potency Conduits in our Soulbind recommendations above. In short, One With the Beast is always ideal, while the Tier Set Bonus will determine whether Bloodletting or Ferocious Appetite is your strongest choice. In all cases except Necrolord, the Covenant-specific Conduit (for example Spirit Attunement) is always picked.
Best Endurance Conduits for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Marksman's Advantage
- Resilience of the Hunter
- Condensed Anima Sphere
- Rejuvenating Wind
- Harmony of the Tortollan
Best Finesse Conduits for Beast Mastery Hunter
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Restructured the page and updated Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduit recommendations across the board.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated the page to reflect Patch 9.1.5 changes, with Covenants and Conduits being freely swappable and more.
- 03 Sep. 2021: Added a section for the best Enhanced Soulbind Conduits.
- 18 Aug. 2021: Updated the optimal Soulbind for Night Fae Mythic+.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated the optimal Soulbind for Night Fae.
- 13 Jul. 2021: Updated the Covenant and Soulbind recommendations and trees.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated the ranking of the Condensed Anima Sphere Endurance Conduit.
- 01 Jul. 2021: Several changes.
- Removed the Renown stepping where Pelagos gets better at 46. Night Fae is better until Renown 57.
- Added the Condensed Anima Sphere Endurance Conduit to our rankings.
- Simplified the Covenant/Soulbind table slightly and clarified that it is based on max Renown.
- Added a note that it is recommended to sim your Covenants and Soulbinds to find out when you might want to switch.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated the Potency Conduits section for Patch 9.0.5.
- 30 Jan. 2021: Several changes.
- Cleaned up the Soulbind Tree section.
- Updated the gaps between Covenants.
- Updated the description of the Bonesmith vs Emeni choice for Necrolords.
- Updated the Conduit recommendations.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Added note about Bloodletting competitiveness with low Haste.
- 25 Nov. 2020: Reordered sections.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Things to Do Before Dragonflight
- Warlock Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Great Vault Added to the Map of Valdrakken
- Rogue Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes: October 3rd
- Priest Changes Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Warrior Gladiator and Elite PvP Sets in Dragonflight
- Shadowlands Season 4 Fated Raid Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 9: Sepulcher