Beast Mastery Hunter Best Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits — Shadowlands 9.1
Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits are the most important character customization options in Shadowlands. They have a substantial impact on your toolkit and performance as Beast Mastery Hunter. This page's purpose is to help you pick the right options according to the content you intend to do in Shadowlands.
This page assumes that you are already familiar with Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits. If that is not the case, we have a number of pages that can help you get up to speed:
- Covenants Guide, which explains what Covenants are, what perks they bring, and how you can join one;
- Hunter Covenant Abilities, which lists all the abilities that Hunters gain by joining each Covenant;
- How To Change Covenant?, which tells you how you can switch Covenant (rejoining a former Covenant will require you to perform a number of tasks to regain their trusts);
- General Soulbind Guide, which explains what Soulbinds are and how you can pledge yourself to them to open up their Soulbind tree;
- Hunter Conduits, which lists all of the Conduits available to Hunters.
Covenant Recommendation Change in Patch 9.1
As of Patch 9.1 the recommended Covenant for Beast Mastery Hunter HAS CHANGED. However, remember that your Covenant choice can impact your entire class instead of just one specialization and that what was previously recommended should still be good enough for whatever content you encounter.
Summary of the Best Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits
Note that with these rankings, we are assuming that you are at Renown 57, which unlocks the full Soulbind Tree for all of the Soulbinds. Just below this table, we have listed the best Soulbinds depending on your current Renown.
Effects of Renown
As your Renown with any Covenant increases, you will gain access to new Potency Conduit slots and Soulbind Abilities. This means that as you increase your Renown, the best Soulbinds will change. Above we have offered the best Full Renown Trees (57 Renown).
There are factors other than just Renown involved in Covenant and Soulbind strength.
For this reason, it is beneficial to sim your Covenant and Soulbind choices on Raidbots' Top Gear to find out what is best for you right now, although it is also wise to look forward in your Renown and gearing process, which is what this guide helps you with.
Covenant DPS Rankings for Beast Mastery Hunter
This ranking is entirely based on Single-Target damage. The attached numbers indicate the approximate single-target DPS loss compared to the top choice.
The reason we recommend Night Fae for Raiding in the table up above despite these numbers, is that Venthyr relies heavily on Dauntless Duelist for its single-target benefit, which cannot be taken advantage of fully in most situations. Night Fae has far superior burst AoE to Kyrian which makes up for its small single-target deficit.
This ranking is primarily based on AoE damage, but single-target damage is also considered. We cannot really offer a DPS% gap here, because this is not based on a single metric, but rather a bunch of simulations of different scenarios that are relevant to Mythic+. We generally consider Mythic+ to be 66% AoE focused, and 33% single-target focused.
This ranking is based on a mix of single-target and AoE damage. We cannot really offer a DPS% gap here, because this is not based on a single metric. Once again, this is based on full Soulbind/Renown Trees.
Best Conduits for Beast Mastery Hunter
Best Potency Conduits for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Enfeebled Mark/ Empowered Release/ Spirit Attunement
- One With the Beast
- Necrotic Barrage
- Ferocious Appetite
Best Endurance Conduits for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Marksman's Advantage
- Resilience of the Hunter
- Condensed Anima Sphere
- Rejuvenating Wind
- Harmony of the Tortollan
Best Finesse Conduits for Beast Mastery Hunter
- 13 Jul. 2021: Updated the Covenant and Soulbind recommendations and trees.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated the ranking of the Condensed Anima Sphere Endurance Conduit.
- 01 Jul. 2021: Several changes.
- Removed the Renown stepping where Pelagos gets better at 46. Night Fae is better until Renown 57.
- Added the Condensed Anima Sphere Endurance Conduit to our rankings.
- Simplified the Covenant/Soulbind table slightly and clarified that it is based on max Renown.
- Added a note that it is recommended to sim your Covenants and Soulbinds to find out when you might want to switch.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated the Potency Conduits section for Patch 9.0.5.
- 30 Jan. 2021: Several changes.
- Cleaned up the Soulbind Tree section.
- Updated the gaps between Covenants.
- Updated the description of the Bonesmith vs Emeni choice for Necrolords.
- Updated the Conduit recommendations.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Added note about Bloodletting competitiveness with low Haste.
- 25 Nov. 2020: Reordered sections.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power