Outlaw Rogue Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Outlaw Rogue, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary powers are bonus effects you can craft onto certain items in Shadowlands by visiting the Runecarver in Torghast. If you are not yet familiar with this process, feel free to check out our comprehensive Runecarving Guide.
The Legendary powers we list on this page are ranked by performance and usefulness. Sadly, not all Legendary powers are strong enough to make the list. If you are interested in learning more about all Legendary effects that are available to Rogue, regardless of spec, you can do so in our Rogue Legendary power overview.
Best Overall Legendary for Outlaw Rogue
The best overall Legendary power for Outlaw Rogue is Celerity. It increases the damage you deal while Adrenaline Rush is active by 8%, and you have a chance to randomly gain Adrenaline Rush while Slice and Dice is active — which it should be at all times.
Celerity is the best choice for Outlaw Rogue. It scales well in both single-target and multi-target situations and allows for more frequent burst of damage.
Mark of the Master Assassin has its uses in solo-content like Torghast, as well as being slightly better than Celerity on 3-5 target fights. Especially when talented into Killing Spree, it allows for quite potent burst damage, while being slightly lower single-target damage on extended boss fights.
This Legendary power can be crafted onto either the Ring or Shoulder slot. Which slot you craft Celerity on is heavily dependent on your gear, as both options provide similar DPS benefits. As the Runecarver allows you to choose the secondary stats you craft onto your Legendary, this will allow you to have an item with BiS stats on one of the most valuable equipment pieces your character is wearing.
The recipe for crafting this Legendary can be looted off of the boss Ventunax within the Spires of Ascension dungeon. You do not have to be specced into Outlaw to be able to loot it.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Outlaw Rogue
- Celerity is by far the most powerful option for raiding. As its effect is always active and not conditional on anything other than maintaining Slice and Dice and using Adrenaline Rush, you will always get the full benefit out of this item.
- Deathly Shadows is the second-best choice for single-target, trailing behind Celerity by about 2%. It is, however, worse on both single-target and multi-target and its only upside is that it allows you more control over when to gain its benefits.
- Mark of the Master Assassin is a solid choice for encounters that require high burst damage over short periods of time. As Restless Blades lowers the cooldown of Vanish, you will be able to use it more frequently to boost your damage. It is also useful on any encounter that includes phases that increase the players damage or make enemies take more damage for short periods of time. On regular single-target, however, it still falls behind all the other mentions in this list.
- Concealed Blunderbuss is your second-best option. It boosts the damage of your Opportunity procs by making your Pistol Shot fire three additional times.
- Greenskin's Wickers is another good option that also revolves around Opportunity procs, but is simply inferior to Blunderbuss on both AoE and single-target.
- Essence of Bloodfang is a decent alternative if you want to also boost your survivability ever so slightly. The amount of healing received is fairly low however, and does not justify the lack of DPS compared to Celerity. It also does not interact with Blade Flurry, making it only good on single-target.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Outlaw Rogue
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries. While you will be engaging in a lot more single-target scenarios inside dungeons and the halls of Torghast, single-target damage is still important to take down the most difficult elites and bosses.
- Celerity outperforms all other options. It is simply much more powerful than all alternatives, especially in Torghast where you can take your time and wait for Adrenaline Rush to come off cooldown before engaging dangerous elites or a boss.
- Mark of the Master Assassin manages to compete with Celerity in one situation in particular, and that is Mythic+. Due to the frequent re-Stealths you get between packs, you can greatly benefit from the increased Critical Strike Chance it provides, especially when combined with Killing Spree.
Due to the way Outlaw AoE works, any single-target increasing Legendary like the aforementioned Greenskin's Wickers or Concealed Blunderbuss are simply inferior to both Celerity and Mark of the Master Assassin in any cleave or multi-target situation. As they offer no meaningful utility, there is no other choice than these two Legendaries for Torghast or Mythic+.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated descriptions for Blunderbuss and Deathly Shadows.
- 13 Feb. 2021: Updated Legendary recommendations and descriptions.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated Legendary slot recommendation.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes