Outlaw Rogue Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Outlaw Rogue, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary powers are bonus effects you can craft onto certain items in Shadowlands by visiting the Runecarver in Torghast. If you are not yet familiar with this process, feel free to check out our comprehensive Runecarving Guide.
The Legendary powers we list on this page are ranked by performance and usefulness. Sadly, not all Legendary powers are strong enough to make the list. If you are interested in learning more about all Legendary effects that are available to Rogue, regardless of spec, you can do so in our Rogue Legendary power overview.
New Legendaries in Patch 9.1 for Outlaw Rogue
Shadowlands Patch 9.1 introduces a new set of legendaries, one for each covenant that will improve your covenant ability.
- Obedience is the new Legendary for Venthyr Rogues. It is very solid on single-target and will consistently lower your Flagellation CD to ~60 seconds. You should craft it on a Cloak.
- Resounding Clarity is the new Legendary for Kyrian Rogues. Using it changes all your Combo Points to be anima-charged, allowing for multiple 7 Combo Point finishers in a row when you play around the mechanic properly.
- Deathspike is the new Legendary for Necrolord Rogues. It will shoot a second Serrated Bone Spike on a different target and apply the bleeding effect, but it will not generate additional Combo Points. While this is a solid option for cleave situations, it does not manage to overtake Greenskin's Wickers as our best AoE legendary.
- Toxic Onslaught is the new Legendary for Night Fae Rogues. It will grant you access to Adrenaline Rush for 8 seconds when used. Sadly, this legendary is completely underwhelming.
Best Overall Legendary for Outlaw Rogue
The best overall Legendary power for Outlaw Rogue is Celerity. It increases the damage you deal while Adrenaline Rush is active by 8%, and you have a chance to randomly gain Adrenaline Rush while Slice and Dice is active — which it should be at all times. It is very potent on both single-target and AoE, and can be used in raids as well as Mythic+. It should be crafted on a ring.
Mark of the Master Assassin will fall behind over the course of 9.1 as we will naturally gain more critical strike chance by upgrading our gear to higher item levels. As such, it is no longer useful for any content outside of world-questing and potentially Torghast. It should be crafted on a ring.
The recipe for crafting Celerity can be looted off of the boss Ventunax within the Spires of Ascension dungeon. You do not have to be specced into Outlaw to be able to loot it.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Outlaw Rogue
- Celerity is by far the most powerful option for raiding. As its effect is always active and not conditional on anything other than maintaining Slice and Dice and using Adrenaline Rush, you will always get the full benefit out of this power.
- Greenskin's Wickers is a solid second choice for Outlaw Rogues, as long as you are talented into Quick Draw. While it is worse on single-target than Celerity, it can pull ahead in cleave and AoE encounters.
- Mark of the Master Assassin is a solid choice for encounters that require high burst damage over short periods of time. As Restless Blades lowers the cooldown of Vanish, you will be able to use it more frequently to boost your damage. It is also useful on any encounter that includes phases that increase the players damage or make enemies take more damage for short periods of time. As we improve our gear, this legendaries benefits become less and less beneficial as we naturally increase our crit-chance.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Outlaw Rogue
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries. While you will be engaging in a lot more single-target scenarios inside dungeons and the halls of Torghast, single-target damage is still important to take down the most difficult elites and bosses.
- Celerity outperforms all other options. It is simply much more powerful than all alternatives, especially in Torghast where you can take your time and wait for Adrenaline Rush to come off cooldown before engaging dangerous elites or a boss.
- Greenskin's Wickers might become the new best choice for Mythic+ due to its value on cleave and AoE situations. It remains to be seen whether the new Seasonal Mythic+ Affix Tormented will allow Celerity to keep the top spot or whether the higher AoE damage output with Greenskin's will replace it.
- Mark of the Master Assassin manages to compete with Celerity in one situation in particular, and that is Mythic+. Due to the frequent re-Stealths you get between packs, you can greatly benefit from the increased Critical Strike Chance it provides, especially when combined with Killing Spree.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated descriptions for Blunderbuss and Deathly Shadows.
- 13 Feb. 2021: Updated Legendary recommendations and descriptions.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated Legendary slot recommendation.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Complete "That's the Spirit" Achievement Before Patch 9.1.5 Goes Live
- Timewalking Mage Tower Not Coming Until Early December
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: October 21st
- Official 9.1.5 Patch Notes
- Patch 9.1.5 Release Date is Novemeber 2nd/3rd!
- Official Preview of the Timewalking Mage Tower
- Kill Dunegorger Kraulok This Week for a Chance at Mollie the Alpaca Mount
- Warrior Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5