Outlaw Rogue Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Outlaw Rogue, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary powers are bonus effects you can craft onto certain items in Shadowlands by visiting the Runecarver in Torghast. If you are not yet familiar with this process, feel free to check out our comprehensive Runecarving Guide.
The legendary powers we list on this page are ranked by performance and usefulness. Sadly, not all legendary powers are strong enough to make the list. If you are interested in learning more about all legendary effects that are available to Rogue, regardless of spec, you can do so in our Rogue legendary power overview.
Best Overall Legendary for Outlaw Rogue
The best overall legendary power for Outlaw Rogue is Celerity. It increases the damage you deal while Adrenaline Rush is active by 8%, and you have a chance to randomly gain Adrenaline Rush while Slice and Dice is active — which it should be at all times.
Celerity is almost twice as powerful as the second best legendary that is available to Outlaw Rogues. It scales well in both single-target and multi-target situations and allows for more frequent burst of damage.
This legendary power can be crafted onto either the Ring or Shoulder slot. Which slot you craft Celerity on is heavily dependent on your gear, as both options provide similar DPS benefits. As the Runecarver allows you to choose the secondary stats you craft onto your legendary, this will allow you to have an item with BiS stats on one of the most valuable equipment pieces your character is wearing.
The recipe for crafting this legendary can be looted off of the boss Ventunax within the Spires of Ascension dungeon. You do not have to be specced into Outlaw to be able to loot it.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Outlaw Rogue
- Celerity is by far the most powerful option for raiding. As its effect is always active and not conditional on anything other than maintaining Slice and Dice and using Adrenaline Rush, you will always get the full benefit out of this item.
- Mark of the Master Assassin is a solid choice for encounters that require high burst damage over short periods of time. As Restless Blades lowers the cooldown of Vanish, you will be able to use it more frequently to boost your damage. It is also useful on any encounter that includes phases that increase the players damage or make enemies take more damage for short periods of time. On regular single-target, however, it still falls behind all the other mentions in this list.
- Concealed Blunderbuss is your second best option. It boosts the damage of your Opportunity procs by making your Pistol Shot fire two additional times.
- Greenskin's Wickers is another good option that also revolves around Opportunity procs, but is simply inferior to Blunderbuss on both AoE and single-target.
- Essence of Bloodfang is a decent alternative if you want to also boost your survivability ever so slightly. The amount of healing received is fairly low however, and does not justify the lack of DPS compared to Celerity. It also does not interact with Blade Flurry, making it only good on single-target.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Outlaw Rogue
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast legendaries. While you will be engaging in a lot more single-target scenarios inside dungeons and the halls of Torghast, single-target damage is still important to take down the most difficult elites and bosses.
- Celerity outperforms all other options. It is simply much more powerful than all alternatives, especially in Torghast where you can take your time and wait for Adrenaline Rush to come off cooldown before engaging dangerous elites or a boss.
- Mark of the Master Assassin manages to compete with Celerity in one situation in particular, and that is Mythic+. Due to the frequent re-Stealths you get between packs, you can greatly benefit from the increased Critical Strike Chance it provides.
Due to the way Outlaw AoE works, any single-target increasing legendary like the aforementioned Greenskin's Wickers or Concealed Blunderbuss are simply inferior to both Celerity and Mark of the Master Assassin in any cleave or multi-target situation. As they offer no meaningful utility, there is no other choice than these two legendaries for Torghast or Mythic+.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated legendary slot recommendation.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- An Excellent Class and Spec Pick Flowchart Meme (Or Is it?)
- There Are Worse Fates than Being Carried by a Kyrian...
- Players Manipulate Turn Speed Variable while Mind Controlling Others
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 15th
- How to Get Raid, PvP and Any Legendary Memories Without Doing the Related Activity
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021