Preservation Evoker Best Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits — Dragonflight 10.0.2
Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits are the most important character customization options in Shadowlands. They have a substantial impact on your toolkit and performance as Preservation Evoker. This page's purpose is to help you pick the right options according to the content you intend to do in Shadowlands.
Please be aware that as of the Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Dragonflight expansion, all Covenant abilities, Soulbinds, and Conduits will only function while within the Shadowlands. This page will temporarily remain as a reference.
This page assumes that you are already familiar with Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits. If that is not the case, we have a number of pages that can help you get up to speed:
- Covenants Guide, which explains what Covenants are, what perks they bring, and how you can join one;
- How To Change Covenant?, which tells you how you can switch Covenants;
- General Soulbind Guide, which explains what Soulbinds are and how you can pledge yourself to them to open up their Soulbind tree;
- Evoker Conduits, which lists all of the Conduits available to Evokers.
Whilst Evokers are new for Dragonflight. Blizzard has given Evokers a Covenant ability — Boon of the Covenants — (this ability is the same for all 4 Covenants) and Conduits.
Boon of the Covenants
The Evoker Covenant ability for all four covenants is Boon of the Covenants.
Boon of the Covenants has two parts to the spell, a passive effect and an active effect.
- Passive: Increases your damage and healing by 4% (this increases with the conduit Grandiose Boon).
- Active: You are healed for a very large amount and gain 10% Versatility for 12 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
Due to the covenants having the same ability, you will want to go for the covenant with the best Soulbinds which happens to be Night Fae. Not only do they have access to Dreamweaver, but they also have a strong dash ability in the form of Soulshape. Overall, this is not super important and if you prefer one covenant over the other for aesthetic/personal reasons, you will not be at much loss.
Best Conduits for Preservation Evoker
Conduits are enhancements to your character which are associated to your Soulbind. All Conduits are shared across all Covenants for Evokers so it is simply a case of filling out the Soulbind paths.
Best Potency Conduits for Preservation Evoker
When doing Mythic+ or small group content where damage is more important, you will want to choose Spark of Savagery. When you are raiding or trying to maximize your healing, Intense Awakening will gain quite a lot of value.
Best Endurance Conduits for Preservation Evoker
While Inherent Resistance could be a viable choice, the leech provided from Circle of Life is much more valuable in most situations.
Best Finesse Conduits for Preservation Evoker
- Graceful Stride
- Natural Weapons in Mythic+
The finesse conduits are not very impressive and realistically you could run Legacy of Coldarra over Natural Weapons, but you will want to take Graceful Stride nearly always as extra movement speed is always helpful.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
More Evoker Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 4: the Mythic Switch
- Price Update on WoW Services & Subscription Options in Ukraine and Turkey
- Leveling Improvements Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite
- Patch 10.1 Raid Spec Popularity Versus Average Overall DPS