How Soulbinding Works in Shadowlands: A Guide to Covenant Soulbinds and Conduits
Welcome to our guide to Soulbinding in Shadowlands. Here, you will learn what Soulbinding is, how to unlock the individual Soulbinds for each Covenants, what Soulbind traits they bestow upon your character, and how to empower your class further with Conduits.
Soulbinding Changes in Patch 9.1
All existing Soulbinds now have 4 new rows: 3 new Conduit slots (1 Potency, 1 Endurance, and 1 Finesse), 2 new traits, and 1 capper trait.
You can bind your soul to one of the Soulbinds in Shadowlands in exchange for powers in the form of Soulbind traits and Conduits.
Soulbind paths are reminiscent of Legion Artifacts with their trait-like "trees". Here is what a Soulbind path looks like in the game.
You have to select a path of 8 nodes through the proposed tree with multiple choices at times. Each node grants you a Soulbind trait and empty nodes can be filled with class-specific perks of your choice also known as Conduits that you can get from doing various content in Shadowlands.
In Shadowlands, there are 12 possible Soulbind paths, each tied to specific Covenant members. You will have access to 3 Soulbinds per Covenant, but you can only have 1 active at any time.
We are listing all the available Soulbinds below.
We also created a Soulbind Calculator that allows you to create your own paths and share builds with friends.
Soulbinding and Covenants
After hitting Level 60, you can choose to pledge yourself to a Covenant and forge a deep bond with some of their key members, who will lend their powers to use as your own. In practice, each Covenant will allow you to form this link with only 1 of their 3 Soulbinds at a time (but you can easily switch this link to another Soulbind within the same Covenant).
The first 2 Soulbinds are available as soon as you join a Covenant and do some questing. The third Soulbind unlocks when you complete the Covenant Campaign questline.
Soulbinds have 8 rows of powers that augment your abilities or boost your combat prowess. Each Soulbind offers different traits and has a unique Soulbind path and layout.
You are offered with multiple choices when the nodes intersect. You can switch between the paths as many times as you like at no cost.
Unlocking Soulbind Rows
You can unlock new rows of power beyond the first two for your Soulbinds at various Renown levels.
- You will gain access to the third row of Soulbind traits at Renown Level 3.
- The fourth row of Soulbind traits unlocks at Renown Level 7 and 9.
- You must reach Renown Level 10 and 13 to unlock the fourth row of Soulbind traits.
- The sixth row of Soulbind traits unlocks at Renown Level 18 and 21.
- The seventh row becomes available at Renown Level 25, 28, and 29.
- The eighth row of traits for all of your Soulbinds unlocks at Renown Level 30, 31, and 34.
- The ninth row of traits unlocks at Renown 41, 42, and 43.
- The tenth row unlocks at Renown 45, 46, and 48.
- The eleventh row of traits becomes available at Renown 49, 51, and 53.
- The twelfth row of Soulbinds traits unlocks at Renown 54, 55, and 57.
You must be in a rest area to switch Soulbinds. Alternatively, you can use tomes. Click on the Covenant portrait on the minimap to bring up your Soulbinds and switch between them.
Conduits are socketed passives that enhance your class and Covenant Abilities. You can find a list of all Conduits in our dedicated guide.
How to Choose the Best Soulbinds for Each Spec?
Choosing a Covenant and a Soulbind for your spec might be difficult, given that many specs favor different combinations of Covenants and Soulbinds for different types of content. To guide you through that process, we wrote Covenant/Soulbind guides for each spec, which you can find below.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 release.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Updated for the latest Beta Build.
- 22 Jul. 2020: Updates to Introduction section.
- 21 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available for Everyone to Purchase in Patch 10.0.7
- Turbulent Timeways Timewalking Event Starts March 29th
- Save 30% on Select Game Services Through April 3rd
- Dragonflight DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates, Week 14
- The Forbidden Reach Dragon Glyphs Guide (Exact Locations with TomTom Coords)
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Bakar Dog Mounts in Patch 10.0.7 Still Remain Shrouded in Mystery