How Soulbinding Works in Shadowlands: A Guide to Covenant Soulbinds and Conduits
Soulbind paths are reminiscent of Legion Artifacts with their trait-like "trees". Here is what a Soulbind path looks like in the game.
You have to select a path of 8 nodes through the proposed tree with multiple choices at times. Each node grants you a Soulbind trait and empty nodes can be filled with class-specific perks of your choice also known as Conduits that you can get from doing various content in Shadowlands.
We are listing all the available Soulbinds below.
We also created a Soulbind Calculator that allows you to create your own paths and share builds with friends.
Soulbinding and Covenants
After hitting Level 60, you can choose to pledge yourself to a Covenant and forge a deep bond with some of their key members, who will lend their powers to use as your own. In practice, each Covenant will allow you to form this link with only 1 of their 3 Soulbinds at a time (but you can easily switch this link to another Soulbind within the same Covenant).
The first 2 Soulbinds are available as soon as you join a Covenant and do some questing. The third Soulbind unlocks when you complete the Covenant Campaign questline.
Soulbinds have 8 rows of powers that augment your abilities or boost your combat prowess. Each Soulbind offers different traits and has a unique Soulbind path and layout.
You are offered with multiple choices when the nodes intersect. You can switch between the paths as many times as you like at no cost.
Unlocking Soulbind Rows
You can unlock new rows of power beyond the first two for your Soulbinds at various Renown levels.
- You will gain access to the third row of Soulbind traits at Renown Level 3.
- The fourth row of Soulbind traits unlocks at Renown Level 7 and 9.
- You must reach Renown Level 10 and 13 to unlock the fourth row of Soulbind traits.
- The sixth row of Soulbind traits unlocks at Renown Level 18 and 21.
- The seventh row becomes available at Renown Level 25, 28, and 29.
- The final row of traits for all of your Soulbinds unlocks at Renown Level 30, 31, and 34.
You must be in a rest area to switch Soulbinds. Alternatively, you can use tomes. Click on the Covenant portrait on the minimap to bring up your Soulbinds and switch between them.
How to Choose the Best Soulbinds for Each Spec?
Choosing a Covenant and a Soulbind for your spec might be difficult, given that many specs favor different combinations of Covenants and Soulbinds for different types of content. To guide you through that process, we wrote Covenant/Soulbind guides for each spec, which you can find below.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Updated for the latest Beta Build.
- 22 Jul. 2020: Updates to Introduction section.
- 21 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!