How Soulbinding Works in Shadowlands: A Guide to Covenant Soulbinds and Conduits
You will bind your soul to one of the Soulbinds in Shadowlands in exchange for powers in the form of Soulbind traits and Conduits.
Soulbind paths are reminiscent of Legion Artifacts with their trait-like "trees". Here is what a Soulbind path looks like.
You have to select a path of 8 nodes through the proposed tree with multiple choices at times. Each node grants you a Soulbind trait and empty nodes can be filled with class-specific perks of your choice also known as Conduits that you can get from doing various content in Shadowlands.
In Shadowlands, there are 12 possible Soulbind paths, each tied to specific Covenant members that you will encounter in Shadowlands. You will have access to 3 Soulbinds per Covenant.
Soulbinding and Covenants
After hitting Level 60, you can choose to pledge yourself to a Covenant and forge a deep bond with some of their key members, who will lend their powers to use as your own. In practice, each Covenant will allow you to form this link with only 1 of their 3 Soulbinds at a time (but you can easily switch this link to another Soulbind within the same Covenant).
The first 2 Soulbinds are available as soon as you join a Covenant and do some questing. The third Soulbind unlocks when you complete the Covenant Campaign questline.
Soulbinds have 8 rows of powers that augment your abilities or boost your combat prowess. Each Soulbind offers different traits and has a unique Soulbind path and layout.
You are offered with multiple choices when the nodes intersect.
Unlocking Soulbind Rows
You can unlock new rows of power for your Soulbinds as you increase your trust with your Covenant through the Renown system.
- You may access the second row of Soulbind traits at Renown Level 2.
- You will gain access to the third row of Soulbind traits at Renown Level 4 and 5.
- The fourth row of Soulbind traits unlocks at Renown Level 7 and 10.
- You must reach Renown Level 13 and 16 to unlock the fourth row of Soulbind traits.
- The sixth row of Soulbind traits unlocks at Renown Level 24 and 27.
- The seventh row becomes available at Renown Level 31, 32, and 35.
- The final row of traits for all of your Soulbinds unlocks at Renown Level 39.
You must be in a rest area to switch Soulbinds.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Updated for the latest Beta Build.
- 22 Jul. 2020: Updates to Introduction section.
- 21 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- How to Quickly Reach Exalted with Gelkis and Magram Centaur Clans Under 1 Hour
- More Scourge Zombies Showing Up, But It's Still Not the Pre-patch Event
- Pure Class: Level 50 Without Choosing a Spec Gets Pretty Hard
- Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes: October 22nd
- The Madness Begins Anew: Exile's Reach Speedruns
- Addon Spotlight: Better Wardrobe and Transmog
- Most Popular Classes and Specs for Mythic+ in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch
- Ghostcrawler Talks WoW After 6 Years: Leveling, His Ret Pala, AoE and More