Retribution Paladin Patch 9.1 Changes Analysis
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.1 changes for Retribution Paladin affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Retribution Paladin in Patch 9.1: Chains of Domination
This page will go over how the Patch 9.1 changes will affect Retribution Paladins, specifically how the changes impact the playstyle, best Legendaries, Covenants, etc. If you are simply interested in what the current changes are for Retribution Paladin, you can instead read our full list of changes to the entire Paladin class on our dedicated page below. For an additional list of content that came with Patch 9.1, you can also check out our Patch 9.1 Overview page.
Legendary Changes in Patch 9.1 for Retribution Paladin
With Patch 9.1 we gain four new Legendaries — one for each Covenant. Those Covenant-specific Legendaries interact with their respective Covenant abilities in various ways to further enhance their respective strengths or mitigate their weaknesses.
- Kyrian: Divine Resonance will throw an un-buffed Judgment at your current target once every 5 seconds after casting Divine Toll for 15 seconds (3 Judgments). It is our new best Legendary for pure single-target situations, as well as for mixed situations.
- Venthyr: Radiant Embers increases the duration of Ashen Hallow to 45 seconds, but once you go out of its area it will disappear. Once you make the circle disappear, it will reduce your Ashen Hallow cooldown by a certain amount depending on how long it was up. This effect is more like a quality-of-life improvement that the baseline ability should include to retain its potential for various fight durations, whereas as a pure throughput Legendary, it does not perform as well as the current top-performer, The Mad Paragon.
- Night Fae: Seasons of Plenty empowers the middle 10 seconds of the 30-second buff of each season in Blessing of the Seasons. Blessing of Spring doubles both healing done and healing recieved, Blessing of Winter doubles the damage proc, and Blessing of Autumn doubles its cooldown reduction. Currently Blessing of Summer is a exception where its effectiveness is quadrupled instead of doubled, because both the proc rate and damage are doubled. Seasons of Plenty further enhances on the Night Fae fantasy of buffing allies, and this Legendary certainly does not hold back in this regard. It will become the default Legendary option for most situations as long as you are aligning with the baseline values of a Night Fae Paladin.
- Necrolord: Duty-Bound Gavel adds a second charge to Vanquisher's Hammer and one additional Divine Storm trigger per charge. It is very underperforming compared to all other Legendaries.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Updated with retail information.
- 20 May 2021: Page filled with preliminary information.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour