Enhancement Shaman Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Enhancement Shaman before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Enhancement Shaman
This page will help give advice on navigating Torghast, Tower of the Damned as an Enhancement Shaman. For more details on Torghast itself, check our dedicated pages.
Best Enhancement Shaman Talents for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
|15||? Lashing Flames||✓ Forceful Winds||✗ Elemental Blast|
|25||✓ Stormflurry||✗ Hot Hand||✗ Ice Strike|
|30||✓ Spirit Wolf||✓ Earth Shield||✗ Static Charge|
|35||? Elemental Assault||✓ Hailstorm||✗ Fire Nova|
|40||✓ Nature's Guardian||✗ Feral Lunge||? Wind Rush Totem|
|45||✗ Crashing Storm||✗ Stormkeeper||✓ Sundering|
|50||? Elemental Spirits||✗ Earthen Spike||✓ Ascendance|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as an Enhancement Shaman
|? Lashing Flames||✔ Forceful Winds||✘ Elemental Blast|
If you find yourself struggling with single-target packs, Lashing Flames will perform well here however the go to in the majority of situations is Forceful Winds due to the large number of group pulls.
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as an Enhancement Shaman
|✔ Stormflurry||✘ Hot Hand||✘ Ice Strike|
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as an Enhancement Shaman
|✔ Spirit Wolf||✔ Earth Shield||✘ Static Charge|
Spirit Wolf has both mobility and defensive advantages, but in many cases you will not be able to make use of the damage reduction as you will be actively hitting a target.
Earth Shield provides a good amount of self-healing which is invaluable given you will be tanking the mobs you pull.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as an Enhancement Shaman
|? Elemental Assault||✔ Hailstorm||✘ Fire Nova|
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as an Enhancement Shaman
|✔ Nature's Guardian||✘ Feral Lunge||? Wind Rush Totem|
Nature's Guardian will always be helpful here, and will save you in a pinch if a pull goes wrong. Wind Rush Totem can have some niche uses on some floors and with some enemies, but provides no defense.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as an Enhancement Shaman
|✘ Crashing Storm||✘ Stormkeeper||✔ Sundering|
Sundering simply comes with too much extra benefits to consider alternatives. The burst and extra CC it provides will outdo the other two in virtually all situations.
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as an Enhancement Shaman
|? Elemental Spirits||✘ Earthen Spike||✔ Ascendance|
While Elemental Spirits will help to improve the frequency of cooldowns between pulls, Ascendance will have the biggest immediate impact for larger pulls. Your choice here mostly depends on the pace of your runs.
Best Enhancement Shaman Anima Powers
Throughout your climb through Torghast, you will be offered up a variety of Anima Powers as you progress. Some of these are unique, while others can stack and making the right choice first time can be difficult. Because of that we have made a Tier List below that helps make quick decisions if you are struggling.
Remember though, do not follow the list blindly, there are a lot of different playstyles to explore within Torghast and trying things out is part of the enjoyment. None of the powers are necessary to complete a run, and picking a power that improves something you rarely use will ultimately be useless. After all, you might not run into the power that you are looking for each run!
"S" are considered ideal picks while "F" should be avoided.
For a complete list of Anima Powers available to Shamans, please refer to the pages linked just below.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Enhancement Shaman
- Dark Armaments
- Deathseer Choker
- Deathseer's Satchel (when paired with Choker
- Deathseer's Whip
- Elemental Conduit (Venthyr; if used with Fire Nova)
- Elemental Core
- Farseer's Invocation (switch to Hailstorm)
- Flowing Streams
- Untaintable Waters
A-Tier Anima Powers for Enhancement Shaman
- Blackened Boulder
- Elethium Alembic
- Elethium Censer
- Elethium Lantern
- Farseer's Cypher (switch to Forceful Winds)
- Farseer's Ultimatum (switch to Ascendance
- Finger of Frozen Fury
- Frostbite Wand
- Furious Spirits
- Generosity of the Winged Seer (Kyrian)
- Gift of Ardenweald
- Heart of the Deathseer
- Kyrian Blessing
- Lightning Dust
- Mask of Withering (Venthyr)
- Maldraxxian Repayment
- Phial of Pain (Kyrian)
- Secret Spices
- Seeds of Rampant Growth (Night Fae)
- Spectral Oats
- Subjugator's Manacles
- Venthyr's Gratitude
- Vesperwind Bit (Kyrian)
- Vitality Guillotine
B-Tier Anima Powers for Enhancement Shaman
- Astral Bulwark
- Blade of the Lifetaker
- Blood of Heroes
- Blood Stained Gauntlet (Venthyr)
- Bloody Thorn Stalk (Night Fae)
- Bottled Enigma
- Crystalline Leaf (Night Fae)
- Crystallized Dreams (Night Fae)
- Crystallized Elemental Heart (Venthyr)
- Corruption Antenna
- Deeptremor Stone
- Diamondine Vesper (Kyrian)
- Hourglass of Soul Dust (Necrolord)
- Irritating Moth Dust
- Leeching Lilypad
- Lens of Elchaver
- Potent Acid Gland
- Pulsing Rot-hive
- Storm Conduit
- Stormcycle Peridot
- Vial of Soothing Waters
- Watchful Lightfly
C-Tier Anima Powers for Enhancement Shaman
- Bloating Fodder
- Chains of Devastation
- Curious Miasma
- Dark Fortress
- Darksight Orbs (Kyrian)
- Deadened Earth
- Elethium Weights
- Essence of the Ancestors
- Farseer's Gift (switch to Hot Hand
- Farseer's Mythos (switch to Sundering
- Flames of the Cauldron
- Fossilized Bone Fragments (Necrolord)
- Murmuring Shawl (Venthyr)
- Open Doors (Venthyr)
- Purifier's Flame
- Phial of Light (Kyrian)
- Shield of Spirits
- Smuggled Wildseed (Night Fae)
- Splintered Elemental Rod (Necrolord
- Strigidium (Kyrian)
- Swarm Form
- Volatile Flesh (Necrolord)
- Wailing Winds
- Yel'Shir's Powerglove
D-Tier Anima Powers for Enhancement Shaman
- Clinging Fog (Night Fae)
- Crumbling Aegis
- Disemboweler's Hook
- Elethium Beacon
- Farseer's Legacy (switch to Wind Rush Totem
- Gnarled Key (Venthyr)
- Guardian's Cudgel
- Parliament Stone (Kyrian)
- Spectral Bridle
- Spike of the Ice Guardian
E-Tier Anima Powers for Enhancement Shaman
- Elethium Muzzle
- Elethium Teardrop
- Farseer's Lesson (switch to Earth Shield
- Ghost Bone
- Irresistible Cheese
- Malevolent Stitching (Necrolord)
- Mawrat Harness
- Mawrats on Ice
- Mawrat Stirrups
- Musophobic Femur (Necrolord)
- Scroll of Elchaver
- Tremorbeast Tusk
- Tsunami Relic
F-Tier Anima Powers for Enhancement Shaman
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test due to being unavailable as a pick, or information about its tuning is not complete. It will be added to the list as we find out more.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Enhancement Shaman
Occasionally, you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. Judging these is more difficult because it depends on how much of each floor you are clearing. Grabbing these early on is usually a good idea so you can make use of vendors, while the later the run goes the less valuable these are.
Enhancement Shaman Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Surprisingly despite Enhancement's survival problems in regular gameplay, we actually have quite a good toolkit for Torghast. The suite of small utility and access to self-healing, alongside some really good high frequency defensive powers we can grab lets us tank damage while dishing it back quite effectively. Some tips for gameplay are:
- Try to make sure you always have some Maelstrom Weapon charges banked in case you are in need of casting Healing Surge in a pinch.
- Use utility totems aggressively, which means Capacitor Totem to lock targets down as you engage, and Healing Stream Totem to keep you healthy during each pull.
- Do not be afraid to kite if you feel you are in danger. You can keep targets slows while you move away in Ghost Wolf to buy some time.
- Use Bloodlust aggressively, do not hold it for the boss floors if you are running into a tough pack. Use all the tools you have as often as you can because usually they will be available again come the end of the floor.
- Earth Elemental is a lifesaver. If you run into any extremely dangerous packs this can tank them for long enough to make kill the most immediate danger off, so use it early and often.
- If a pack is preventing you from pulling smaller amounts, make use of Hex on the most dangerous enemy and come back to it later, crowd control is extremely valuable in Torghast.
- Do not rush into big pulls if you have no cooldowns and are not stable. Torghast has no timer, and enemies can become very dangerous at higher floor levels so know your limits.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes