Marksmanship Hunter DPS Vault of the Incarnates Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Marksmanship Hunter for each boss of the following raid: Vault of the Incarnates. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
Below, you can find class and spec-specific advice for every fight in Vault of the Incarnates. If you are looking for a general overview of the Raid that is not spec-specific, check out our dedicated Vault of the Incarnates guides.
On this page, you will find Marksmanship Hunter specific information to deal with each boss in the Vault of the Incarnates raid. These are not complete encounter guides, but rather provide specific tips for doing the bosses as a Marksmanship Hunter.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Marksmanship Hunter and what you can do to deal with each fight as best as possible.
All recommendations are progression based tips and will not necessarily be the best for an overall DPS ranking.
The build above is your generic single target talent tree. Each boss below will note if it uses this build or a different one if anything should be tweaked. Running the same talent build for every single boss is not optimal.
For Eranog, we swap to our AoE build to give us the ability to cleave the regularly spawning adds.
- Binding Shot can be used on the adds to keep them in place.
- You can Feign Death the Captain's Pyroblast, although it should really be kicked.
For more information, please refer to our Eranog guide.
For this boss I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page.
- You can use Aspect of the Turtle to solo Rock Blast on Heroic and Normal only. Do not do it on Mythic.
For more information, please refer to our Terros guide.
The Primal Council
With this being a 4-target encounter, we recommend you swap to the specifically 4-target build below.
Each boss must die within a few seconds of the others, else risking a complete wipe. You will naturally do more damage to your current target, so be sure to target swap to the highest health boss. Earlier in the fight, you want to focus on whichever boss is above 70%, to take advantage of Careful Aim.
- Use Aspect of the Turtle to solo Meteor Axes and prevent the debuff.
For more information, please refer to our The Primal Council guide.
Sennarth, the Cold Breath
This is mostly a single-target fight for us, and our single-target default build above has plenty of cleave for what is needed here.
The big spider is going to be more biggest priority, make sure to focus this as soon as it spawns.
- Disengage can be used to negate the pull-in that the boss does.
- Posthaste allows you to clear the slow stacks of webbing via Disengage.
For this boss you should tweak your build based on if you are going to the platforms during the intermission phase or not. If you are NOT going to the platform you should stick with the above default Single Target talents. While there is an add that you need to kill it dies quickly and is not worth changing your build over. If you ARE going over to the platform (you have to on Mythic) then consider taking the build that has more platform damage.
We also pick Wailing Arrow as an excellent AoE silence for the platforms.
- Single Target — See above.
- Platform Build — B4PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA4ARoFASCCCAAAAQkERSSSCCRSLkGBRRKaCJJhECaAAAAAA
- Use Wailing Arrow to silence enemies on the platforms.
- Keep your Disengage in mind in case you need to readjust your trajectory after a Blowback.
For more information, please refer to our Dathea, Ascended guide.
For this fight, we go for a cleave build to maximize our damage during the intermissions. You can also choose to go for pure single-target with the default build, if you prefer.
- Normal/Heroic Build — B4PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA4ARoFASCCCAAAAQkERSSSCCRSLkGBRRKaCJJhECaAAAAAA
- Mythic Build — B4PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA4ARoFASCCCAAAAQkERSSigQk0CpRQUkSaCJJhECaAAAAAA
- During the intermission the boss is immune but you can continue to auto-attack the boss to generate Lock and Load procs.
- Use Aspect of the Turtle to solo Absolute Zero.
- Use Feign Death to negate Lethal Current.
For more information, please refer to our Kurog Grimtotem guide.
Adds are a huge part of this fight, and we spec for AoE accordingly.
If you are handling the Staff, you may go for the default single-target build instead.
The adds and the boss will be spaced far apart, but with our extended range and no pet, this is not much of an issue.
- Cast Tranquilizing Shot to dispel the Cauterizing Flashflames HoT from the Dragonspawn Flamebender.
- Make sure to preferentially snipe targets above 70% health to maximize Careful Aim.
For more information, please refer to our Broodkeeper Diurna guide.
Raszageth the Storm-Eater
For this boss, I suggest you use the AoE Build, to maximize damage on the platforms. Short-term single-target burst is also useful for the damage-amp phases.
Consider holding your cooldowns in the intermission. This ensures a Trueshot for the first and third Stormsurge Shields.
On Mythic, we recommend the following strategy for surviving the Hurricane Wing knockbacks in Phase 1:
- Disengage. Use Aspect of the Cheetah optionally only if an Evoker uses Time Spiral on the third.
- Use Aspect of the Cheetah to run against the wind, then use Disengage to return.
- Aspect of the Turtle
Note: If you are only doing 4 knockbacks due to your Guild's Strategy, swap steps 2 and 3 around.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated the builds to account for the talent reshuffle.
- 15 Feb. 2023: Checked over a few builds and swapped Deadeye to Steady Focus where appropriate.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Small updates to most recommend talent builds.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Updated the recommended builds for every boss in light of recent Talent Sim Fixes.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Updated the page for relevant changes in Patch 10.0.5.
- 17 Jan. 2023: Updated the recommended Single-Target Talent Build.
- 30 Dec. 2022: Updated the recommended build for Primal Council.
- 23 Dec. 2022: Updated the recommended builds to reflect that Unerring Vision is fixed and worth using again.
- 18 Dec. 2022: Updated the recommended builds to reflect that Unerring Vision is bugged and no longer worth using.
- 16 Dec. 2022: Updated recommended builds after seeing the fights on live.
- 13 Dec. 2022: Added several tips and updated the builds.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Page added.
More Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Tuning: June 6th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 1st
- Treasure Goblin Sets Portal Trap and Sends Players Away
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dawn of the Infinite Megadungeon Drops Item Level 421 Loot on the 10.1.5 PTR
- New Headless Horseman Candy Bucket in Patch 10.1.5
- Kalimdor Cup Scheduled for August 15th
- A Video Overview of the June Trading Post Items