Marksmanship Hunter Best Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits — Shadowlands 9.2
Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits are the most important character customization options in Shadowlands. They have a substantial impact on your toolkit and performance as Marksmanship Hunter. This page's purpose is to help you pick the right options according to the content you intend to do in Shadowlands.
This page assumes that you are already familiar with Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits. If that is not the case, we have a number of pages that can help you get up to speed:
- Covenants Guide, which explains what Covenants are, what perks they bring, and how you can join one;
- Hunter Covenant Abilities, which lists all the abilities that Hunters gain by joining each Covenant;
- How To Change Covenant?, which tells you how you can switch Covenant (rejoining a former Covenant will require you to perform a number of tasks to regain their trusts);
- General Soulbind Guide, which explains what Soulbinds are and how you can pledge yourself to them to open up their Soulbind tree;
- Hunter Conduits, which lists all of the Conduits available to Hunters.
Covenant Recommendation Change in Patch 9.2
A big factor in changing Covenant recommendations in Patch 9.2 is the introduction of Double Legendaries, one of which must be the Covenant-specific Legendary. Therefore, a big part of these recommendations is not only the power of the Covenants and Soulbinds themselves, but also the Legendary Power associated with the Covenant.
Covenant/Build Progression for Marksmanship Hunter
With the introduction of Double Legendaries and Tier Set Bonuses that can have a significant effect on your choice of Covenant, Legendary, and so on, we feel the need to list some thresholds at which you might need to reconsider your choice of build. These builds do not just cover Covenants, but also Legendaries.
- With a single Legendary and no Tier Set Bonus, you should run Venthyr with Pouch of Razor Fragments for pure single-target, Kyrian for Mythic+, and Night Fae for general raiding purposes with a mix of single-target and cleave.
- Once you obtain your 2PC Set Bonus, you can swap to Kyrian with Serpentstalker's Trickery for single-target and Surging Shots for AoE.
- Once you obtain your 4PC Set Bonus, you can swap your AoE Legendary to Secrets of the Unblinking Vigil, which can also beat Serpentstalker's Trickery on single-target, but is much harder to play with.
- Once you unlock Double Legendaries, you should generally swap to Night Fae as Fragments of the Elder Antlers is stronger than Pact of the Soulstalkers. Kyrian remains strong for Mythic+ if you have at least the 2PC Tier Set Bonus.
Best Covenant for Marksmanship Hunter
- Night Fae with Dreamweaver is the generally best Raiding setup for Marksmanship Hunters with its extremely powerful AoE burst damage via the Fragments of the Elder Antlers Legendary Power. The Dreamweaver Soulbind grants Podtender, which is a "cheat death"-style ability every 10 minutes. It is very important to stand in the Field of Blossoms circle for the full duration of Wild Spirits when using this Soulbind, to enhance your burst.
- Kyrian with Forgelite Prime Mikanikos (or Pelagos if you do not have the 4PC Tier Set Bonus) is the best Kyrian setup for Marksmanship Hunters. It is ideal for Mythic+ scenarios, and fights with regular high-target AoE in the raid. Sometimes, its 1-minute cooldown alone will make it preferable over Night Fae.
- Venthyr with Theotar the Mad Duke is the best Venthyr setup for Marksmanship Hunters. It is generally weaker than Night Fae in all situations, especially AoE and burst, but it has a high-speed, reactive playstyle that many enjoy. Standing in the Parasol provided by Soothing Shade is important.
- Necrolord with Marileth is the best Necrolord setup for Marksmanship Hunters. It is weak for all situations and should never be played in an optimal setup, but many enjoy the burst damage provided by the Bag of Munitions Legendary Power for Mythic+ especially.
Best Soulbind for Marksmanship Hunter
- Night Fae always runs Dreamweaver with the 3 Potency Conduits Spirit Attunement, Sharpshooter's Focus, and Powerful Precision. For AoE, we swap out Powerful Precision for Deadly Chain. We recommend the right path at the bottom of the Tree, allowing you 2 Endurance and 1 Finesse Conduits.
- Kyrian always runs either Forgelite Prime Mikanikos (for Hammer of Genesis), or Pelagos with the Soulbind Conduits Enfeebled Mark, Sharpshooter's Focus, and Powerful Precision. For AoE, we swap out Powerful Precision for Deadly Chain. Mikanikos uses Hammer of Genesis, and so it runs only Enfeebled Mark and Deadly Chain for its two Potency Conduit slots. For both Soulbinds, it is mandatory to pick the left side at the bottom of the tree to pick up the DPS Soulbind Abilities Soulglow Spectrometer/ Better Together.
- Venthyr always runs Theotar the Mad Duke with the 3 Potency Conduits Empowered Release, Sharpshooter's Focus, and Powerful Precision. For AoE, we swap out Powerful Precision for Deadly Chain. We recommend going for any path that allows 2 Endurance Conduits, but the path you choose to get there is up to your personal preference and situation.
- Necrolord always runs Plague Deviser Marileth with the 3 Potency Conduits Necrotic Barrage, Sharpshooter's Focus, and Powerful Precision. For AoE, we swap out Necrotic Barrage for Deadly Chain. We recommend picking up 2 Endurance Conduits, and then going for the right path at the bottom of the tree to pick up Undulating Maneuvers.
Best Conduits for Marksmanship Hunter
Best Potency Conduits for Marksmanship Hunter
We have mentioned the Potency Conduits in our Soulbind recommendations above. In short, Sharpshooter's Focus is always ideal, while you go Powerful Precision for single-target, and Deadly Chain for AoE. The Covenant-specific Conduit (for example Spirit Attunement) is always picked.
Best Endurance Conduits for Marksmanship Hunter
- Marksman's Advantage
- Resilience of the Hunter
- Condensed Anima Sphere
- Rejuvenating Wind
- Harmony of the Tortollan
Best Finesse Conduits for Marksmanship Hunter
- 01 Apr. 2022: Updated the Soulbind Recommendation for Mythic+.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Restructured the page and updated Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduit recommendations across the board.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated the page to reflect Patch 9.1.5 changes, with Covenants and Conduits being freely swappable and more.
- 11 Sep. 2021: Added Spirit Attunement to the priority list of Enhanced Conduits, and altered the ranking of Brutal Projectiles.
- 03 Sep. 2021: Added a section for the best Enhanced Soulbind Conduits.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated the optimal Soulbind for Night Fae.
- 05 Aug. 2021: Updated the optimal Soulbind for Kyrian Mythic+.
- 02 Aug. 2021: Updated the optimal Soulbind for Kyrian.
- 12 Jul. 2021: Updated the optimal Soulbind and Covenant, and the relative differences between Covenants.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated the ranking of the Condensed Anima Sphere Endurance Conduit.
- 01 Jul. 2021: Several changes.
- Removed the Renown stepping where Pelagos gets better at 46. Night Fae is better until Renown 57.
- Added the Condensed Anima Sphere Endurance Conduit to our rankings.
- Simplified the Covenant/Soulbind table slightly and clarified that it is based on max Renown.
- Added a note that it is recommended to sim your Covenants and Soulbinds to find out when you might want to switch.
- 30 Jun. 2021: Updated the optimal 40-Renown Covenant and Soulbind for Mythic+.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 18 Apr. 2021: Removed note about Kyrian having equal/more single-target damage than Night Fae, as this has not been the case since early in the tier.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated the descriptions of some Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduit recommendations to reflect Patch 9.0.5 changes.
- 07 Feb. 2021: Updated the recommended Soulbind trees since Burrs was nerfed to no longer proc multiple DoTs.
- 04 Feb. 2021: Updated the recommended Soulbind Trees as we now know that Burrs can affect multiple targets from a single proc.
- 02 Feb. 2021: Updated the recommended Soulbind Trees for Renown 30+, splitting them up by Fortified and Tyrannical Mythic+.
- 30 Jan. 2021: Several changes.
- Cleaned up the Conduits section slightly.
- Moved Deadly Chain up to be on-par with Sharpshooter's Focus for AoE-heavy scenarios.
- Altered our Endurance Conduit recommendation to Marksman's Advantage by default for most players.
- 17 Jan. 2021: Removed some deprecated sections and updated the optimal Soulbind Trees.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Updated the Conduit Tier List and altered the Tier names to S, A, and B.
- 26 Nov. 2020: Updated some Soulbind viability descriptions.
- 13 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes