Outlaw Rogue DPS Azerite Traits/Powers and Armor — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
The rankings on this page show the strongest Azerite traits to take when playing an Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, Patch 8.3. To use these traits, you will need to have obtained the Heart of Azeroth first. If you are yet to do so, you can find out how to in our Heart of Azeroth guide.
Choosing Azerite Gear as an Outlaw Rogue
In most cases, you will want to use highest item level Azerite piece, as the raw damage gain from extra Agility almost always out-weights the trait values. However there can still be some edge cases where that would not be an upgrade, so it is recommended to sim your gear regardless. It is also important to remember that Azerite pieces have a much higher Stamina item budget compared to any other slot, so those upgrades will be very noticeable for your survivability.
Choosing Azerite Traits as a Outlaw Rogue
The following sections will discuss some of the best-simming traits in each category, but also some of the potential pitfalls. Be sure to check out our simulation section to get a better idea of how the traits stack up against each other.
Outer Ring traits are the heavy hitters of Azerite, generally carrying most of the value on a piece of gear, and generally will decide most of the choices for Azerite pieces of same item level.
Keep Your Wits About You has been nerfed in multi-target situations when there are more than 3 targets, but still remains a viable choice. It is now stronger in sub-4 target situations and by far the biggest dps increase whenever you are frequently faced with 2 or more enemies at once.
Snake Eyes looks fairly powerful, however, due to 8.1 changes of halving its effect, but doubling its stacks, there is still no real situation where you would want to actively go for stacking it.
Deadshot is generally the to-go trait, as it is fairly strong without needing to stack it, and scales in AoE setting, unlike some of the other high damage traits.
Ace Up Your Sleeve is another very strong trait that has similar benefits as Deadshot. Stacking this trait and running Deeper Stratagem as well as Lucid Dreams (Memory of Lucid Dreams' Minor) results in the highest single-target damage build the spec has to offer.
One Keep Your Wits About You is mandatory for any fight that is not pure single-target.
Middle Ring traits are fairly simple and straightforward. They might make a difference when picking between two Azerite pieces of same item level, but they are unlikely to influence your choice when one of the Azerite pieces is higher.
Overwhelming Power is generally the highest damage option, however you do lose its stacks (and thus diminish its duration and effect) when you take damage, which might make it somewhat less effective in some situations.
Heed My Call is a decent but not amazing trait. It has some built in-cleave, but in a small radius, and with a greatly reduced AoE component.
Azerite Globules is probably the only bad choice in this category, as its damage depends on the AoE damage component, but in most situations the enemies do not live long enough to get 3 stacks and explode.
This Ring contains just utility / defensive traits, and while some of them give movement speed, which can be considered DPS, it is hard to quantify that gain.
Resounding Protection is the best pure defensive trait, as it is a strong absorb, which does not have an activation condition.
Impassive Visage is best chosen in situations that deal a lot of consistent damage to you. It has a 6-second inner cooldown and can provide more healing than even Resounding Protection if it is procced regularly.
Longstrider is probably the only trait that can be considered a DPS gain, since as melee DPS, travel time is a damage loss.
Gemhide is worth mentioning, since almost any damage taken will activate its effect, and the avoidance rating can help in surviving raid damage.
Most of the other traits are too situational to be chosen or simply too underpowered.
Azerite Traits Details and Rotation Changes for Outlaw Rogue
Currently, the main thing that can change is your Between the Eyes usage, as you will also start using it when available if you have Ace Up Your Sleeve or Deadshot selected on your gear. Even without any of these, you will still want to use Between the Eyes whenever your Roll the Bones grants you the Ruthless Precision buff. If you have three pieces of gear with Snake Eyes you can go meme build, but it suffers greatly on single target damage.
Recommended Azerite Pieces for Outlaw Rogue
Azerite Trait Recommendations for Outlaw Rogues
Simulations for the full list of Outer and Middle Ring are provided below. Since Inner Ring traits are utility based ones, they are hard to quantify, and thus they are left up to users discretion.
Here are the results for AoE simulations.
Outer Ring AoE
Middle Ring AoE
Azerite Traits for Outlaw Rogue
Outer Ring Traits
The first Ring of Azerite Traits are special effects that can be activated through Azerite Armor throughout Battle for Azeroth. These traits are mixed between those that are universal between all classes, and those specific to Rogues. While currently there is no overlap in traits between Outlaw and other specializations (unlike Assassination / Sub), they might get added in the future.
- Ace Up Your Sleeve causes each Combo Point spent on Between the Eyes to increase damage, and grants a 2% chance (per Combo Point) to gain 4 Combo Points.
- Brigand's Blitz causes Adrenaline Rush to increase your Haste every second, stacking up to 10 times, with a 20 seconds duration.
- Deadshot causes Between the Eyes to increase the damage of next Pistol Shot.
- Paradise Lost grants you Agility if your Roll the Bones only grants you one buff.
- Snake Eyes causes each Combo Point spent on Roll the Bones to increases the damage of next 10 Sinister Strikes.
- Ricocheting Inflatable Pyrosaw causes your spells to have a chance to heal up to 4 allies for a large amount. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Relational Normalization Gizmo causes your spells to have a chance to grant you a primary stat and maximum health buff or Haste and 50% movement speed for 10 seconds. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Secrets of the Deep causes your spells to have a chance to spawn a Surging Droplet nearby, which you can collect to increase your primary stat for 18 seconds. Rarely, a Void Droplet will be created instead, which increases your primary stat for twice as much as Surging Droplet's when collected.
- Unstable Catalyst causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to create a zone standing in which increases your primary stat.
- Anduin's Dedication / Sylvanas' Resolve causes your spells to have a chance to increase your primary stat for 10 seconds. If an ally dies nearby you also instantly gain this effect. Note that this is a PvP trait.
- Champion of Azeroth gives your abilities a chance to increase all your secondary stats for a minute, stacking up to 4 times. Getting a new proc will refresh the duration, so you will keep this at 4 stacks throughout an entire fight.
- Filthy Transfusion gives your damaging ability a chance to do damage over 6 seconds to the target, healing you for the damage done.
- Glory in Battle / Liberator's Might causes your spells to have a chance to grant Critical Strike and Haste for 10 seconds. Note that this is a PvP trait, and attacking a member of the opposing faction significantly increases this chance, making these traits are much stronger in PvP content.
- Meticulous Scheming causes you to gain a buff for 8 seconds that transforms into a 20-second Haste buff after you cast 3 different spells while it is active.
- Swirling Sands causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 12 seconds. This duration can be extended by landing Critical Strikes up to a maximum of 18 seconds.
- Blightborne Infusion causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 14 seconds.
- Incite the Pack causes you to occasionally increase your Mastery and that of up to two nearby allies for 20 seconds.
- Tradewinds causes your spells to have a chance to grant you Mastery for 15 seconds. When this buff expires, it jumps once to a nearby ally at half duration and amount.
- Blood Rite causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Haste for 15 seconds. Killing enemies refreshes this effect.
- Collective Will / Stand As One causes your spells to have a chance to increase your primary stat and maximum health. This effect is also applied to up to 4 nearby allies. Note that this is a PvP trait.
- Combined Might / Stronger Together gives you and 4 allies a bonus to one of your secondary stats or to your Spellpower / Attackpower (depending on your role), chosen at random, for 10 seconds. Note that this is a PvP trait.
- Last Gift / Retaliatory Fury causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to grant Mastery and an absorb shield . Note that this is a PvP trait; also, taking damage from a member of the opposite faction has a chance to activate this effect, making these traits much strong in PvP content.
- Dagger in the Back gives your abilities a chance to shoot a dagger at your target, applying a damage over time effect for 12 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. If you shoot this dagger when behind the target, it will apply 2 stacks.
- Thunderous Blast gives your damaging abilities a chance blast the target for extra Nature damage, and cause the target to take 20% more damage from your next blast. When the bonus damage reaches 100%, the next blast will Critically Strike, and reset the bonus damage back to 0%.
- Tidal Surge gives your damaging abilities a chance to deal some Frost damage to the target and slow it by 20%.
- Rezan's Fury causes your damaging abilities to have a chance to summon a Child of Rezan, which deals Physical damage to your target and causes them to bleed for additional damage over 12 seconds.
- Ruinous Bolt gives your abilities a chance to summon a Soul (pet) by your side for 14 seconds. The Soul deals Shadow damage to a random nearby target.
- Synaptic Spark Capacitor gives your abilities a chance to put a debuff on your target. This debuff will deal damage to enemies within 8 yards of the target with the debuff, and causes them to do 5% less damage to you. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Barrage Of Many Bombs gives you a chance to fire a clusterbomb at your current target. When the bomb gets close, it explodes into smaller bombs which do AoE damage when they hit the ground.
- Stronger Together causes your abilities to have a chance to plant a factional banner for 6 seconds, empowering yourself and up to 4 allies with the spirit of the Alliance.
- Battlefield Focus / Battlefield Precision gives your abilities a chance to apply stacks of a debuff to the target. This debuff causes them to take more damage from all raid members. Note that this is a PvP trait.
- Heart of Darkness increases the amount of your secondary stats while you are above 25 Corruption.
- Clockwork Heart grants you all secondary stats for 12 seconds, once per minute.
- Archive of the Titans is an Uldir-specific trait. It gives you a small primary stat buff every 5 seconds which stacks up to 20 times. Stacks only decay when out of combat. It also gives the Reorigination Array buff, which you should always aim to have active while raiding in Uldir.
- Laser Matrix causes your spells to have a chance to unleash a barrage of lasers which deal damage and heal injured allies for a small amount which is further split among them. It also gives the Reorigination Array buff, which you should always aim to have active while raiding in Uldir.
Middle Ring Traits for Outlaw Rogue
This Ring will only be present on 340 item level Epic gear and above, and provide options that enhance the roles your class can perform. Therefore, there will be 3 DPS options.
- Azerite Globules gives your damaging abilities a chance to apply a debuff to your target. This debuff stacks up to 3 times, and when it reaches 3, the target explodes, doing AoE damage.
- Overwhelming Power causes your damaging spells to have a chance to increase your Haste. The amount of Haste granted decreases every second or whenever you take damage.
- Earthlink increases your primary stat, with the exact amount cycling between a minimum value and maximum value every 6 seconds.
- Elemental Whirl causes your damaging spells to have a chance to increase one of your secondary stats for 10 seconds.
- Unstable Flames causes your damaging spells to have a chance to grant a Critical Strike buff for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Blood Siphon passively increases your Mastery and Leech.
- Heed My Call gives your damaging abilities a chance to deal additional Nature damage to the target, and a smaller amount of damage to nearby targets.
- Lifespeed passively increases your Haste and Avoidance.
- Gutripper gives your damaging abilities a chance to deal additional Physical damage. This bonus damage occurs more often when the target is below 30% Health.
Inner Ring Traits for Outlaw Rogue
This Ring is "utility" as it provides survival or mobility increases. This can come in a form of speed buff, healing effect, or even a shield.
- Footpad gives you and your allies within 8 yards 392 Speed when Sprint is active.
- Shrouded Mantle causes your Cloak of Shadows to heal you every second, plus an additional amount for each effect it negates.
- Personal Absorb-o-Tron grants you a chance, when taking damage, to gain a large absorb shield for up to 1 minute. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Impassive Visage heals you when you take damage. It can not occur more often than every 6 seconds.
- Resounding Protection causes you to gain an absorb shield every 30 seconds.
- Auto-Self-Cauterizer grants you a chance, when taking damage, to self-heal for a large amount and remove most bleed effects as well as slowing nearby enemies by 30% for 5 seconds. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Self Reliance causes you to be healed every 3 seconds while no enemies are within 12 yards of you.
- Longstrider increases your movement speed by a percentage of your highest secondary stat, with a maximum movement speed gain limit.
- Azerite Fortification heals you when you are stunned, immobilized, or knocked back.
- Gemhide causes you to gain Avoidance and Armor for 10 seconds when you take damage that exceeds 10% of your maximum health.
- Bulwark of the Masses causes you to gain a moderate absorb shield when surrounded by 4 or more enemies, but can only occur once every 15 seconds.
- Vampiric Speed causes you to self-heal and gain Speed for 6 seconds whenever an enemy you damaged dies.
Find Azerite Armor By Trait/Power
In the table below, you can see all of the Azerite gear available to your Outlaw Rogue. By using the + button located next to each item, you can expand the list of Azerite powers that this item possesses (to collapse the list, simply click the - button).
If you want to filter items according to the powers that they offer, you can use the filters below.
|Head Items||Shoulders Items||Chest Items|