Outlaw Rogue Essences — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, we go over the new Essence system in Patch 8.2 of World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth, and we tell you which are the best essences to use as Outlaw Rogue, both for minor and major powers. Please refer to our Patch 8.2 Guide to Essences for more information about the Essence system and where Essences can be obtained from.
1. Azerite Essences for Outlaw Rogues
Introduced in Patch 8.2, Essences are unique items that drop from various forms of content. They are activated through your Heart of Azeroth, and they buff your character in various ways, depending on the Essences that are currently active.
Our Essence Guide has a full list of all the Essences, together with their descriptions and explanations on how they work.
What follows on this page will relate directly to how Essences affect this spec, since generic information is beyond the scope of this guide.
Disclaimer: Please note that at the moment, simulations and general theorycrafting around Essences is a work in progress, and as a result, most of the recommendations made here are subject to change.
2. Notable Essences for Outlaw Rogues
Essence of the Focusing Iris's Major effect is very potent for AoE burst situations, with the channel being usable as a pre-cast, and the cast time being reduced by Haste. The Minor provides Haste, which is not the best possible bonus, but still decent.
Blood of the Enemy is great in single target and AoE, and has great synergy with Potion of Focused Resolve in both of those situations currently. The Minor is a passive stackable secondary buff, which is not very interesting, but does provide additional damage.
Vision of Perfection is one of the more interesting Essences for Outlaw, and helps further boost the uptime on Adrenaline Rush. Due to the number of various cooldown-reducing mechanics on Outlaw, this can end up being very potent, but the calculations of its worth is still being worked on.
3. Essence Comparison Simulations for Outlaw Rogues
As with all simulations provided in our guides, they only provide a very rough guideline, and you should not rely on them for making decisions on your own gear. Always use Raidbots.com to sim your own character.
3.1. Major Essences
3.2. Minor Essences
- 24 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- Eternal Palace Race Day 2: 5/8, Method and Limit Exchanging the Lead
- Quick LFR Wing 1 Tips from WoW Instagram
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 17th
- WoW Classic Global Stress Test Postponed
- World First Glory of the Eternal Raider Completed
- Eternal Palace Race Day 1: 3/8 Down, Ashvane Stands + Kill Videos
- Not a Bug List Updated with Many Issues
- Conflict and Strife Rank 2 Hotfix Now Live
- Mechagon and Junkyard Tinkering
- Retribution Paladin 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Essence Guide
- Destruction Warlock 8.2
- Arcane Mage PvP 8.1.5
- Priest Leveling Guide