Shadow Priest DPS Crucible of Storms Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Shadow Priest for each boss of the following raid: Crucible of Storms. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
This page will be a rough outline of the bosses and mechanics in Crucible of Storms. Recommendations on this page are based on personal experience and on what other people are doing, and will focus on what you can do as a Shadow Priest in order to optimize your DPS. This is not a full guide for each individual boss. As more data becomes available, this page will be updated continuously to make sure it properly reflects what is optimal.
Shadow Priest in Crucible of Storms
The fight design in Crucible of Storms fits Shadow incredibly well, which allows our multidotting capabilities to really shine, especially on the first boss. As such, Shadow is considered of the strongest specs for the raid.
The Restless Cabal
The Restless Cabal is a two-target fight, with the occasional add spawn that you have to kill. As such, the standard build applies here. Last Word is taken to help out with interrupting Witness the End which the Eldritch Abomination adds cast. Body and Soul is not really that needed on this fight so you can opt to use either Intangibility if you want some better personal survivability, or San'layn for some better raid utility. You can still opt to use Body and Soul if you prefer to at least have some added mobility, which is still useful for some parts of the fight.
Shadow Priest Playstyle on The Restless Cabal
- Multi-dot the Visage from Beyond whenever it spawns, and focus it down when it starts casting.
- Though you do not have any strong cooldowns to line up with it, you are a good pick to get Promises of Power because you constantly have two targets with your DoTs on them. Plus, a benefit to not having any good cooldowns is that you do not care when you get the debuff on you!
- Do not bother applying your DoTs to the Eldritch Abomination adds, as they will kill themselves with their Witness the End cast.
- You can dispel Promises of Power from yourself using Mass Dispel if needed. Just make sure you are not also dispelling other people in your raid that have the debuff, as you deal damage to yourself for each debuff dispelled.
Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
This boss should primarily be treated as a single-target encounter, with there occasionally being adds to DoT up. As these adds come in one at a time, and them ideally being killed throughout the fight at various points, there is no point to using either Misery or Dark Void. Last Word is taken to help out interrupting the Primordial Mindbender.
Shadow Priest Playstyle on Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
- Apply your DoTs to the Undying Guardian adds as they come in and maintain them. Getting the adds lower is beneficial, and Shadow is phenomenal at doing so, but do not focus on multidotting too much at the cost of your single-target abilities!
- Switch focus to the Primordial Mindbender adds in Phase Two whenever they spawn. Apply both of your DoTs to all three of the Mindbenders.
- Be careful with using Void Eruption in Phase Three when under the effects of Gift of N'Zoth: Lunacy, as this will deal a significant amount of AoE damage to your raid positioned around the boss.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 11 May 2019: Updated talent suggestions and added tips for Uu'nat.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2