Shaman Class Changes for Shadowlands (Patch 9.0.1)
- Chain Heal, Chain Lightning, Healing Stream Totem, Flametongue Weapon, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, and Lightning Shield are available to all Shaman specializations.
- The Maelstrom resource and accompanying bar have been removed, returning Elemental Shaman's to their former cooldown management playstyle, a design that relies on building stacks of Fulmination to determine when to insert Earth Shock into the rotation.
- Fulmination has been changed to be a guaranteed proc from Lightning Bolt and Lightning Bolt Overload.
- Chain Lightning has been decoupled from Fulmination entirely, but still grants Seismic Thunder stacks.
- Earthquake's base damage has been reduced significantly, but Seismic Thunder now also increases the damage of Earthquake for each stack of Seismic Thunder consumed when cast.
- Fire Elemental's interaction with bonus Fulmination proc chance has been redesigned. While Fire Elemental is active, the period of Flame Shock is reduced, which increases the damage of any Flame Shock debuff and also increases the chance of gaining the Lava Surge effect. Additionally while Fire Elemental is active, any newly cast Flame Shock will have its duration increased by 100%.
- Lightning Shield grants the Shaman a charge of Fulmination when it deals damage to an enemy.
Elemental Shaman Talent Changes
- Echoing Shock is a new Level 25 talent that blasts a target for significant damage, which makes the Shaman's next healing or damage-dealing spell cast a second time shortly afterward without costing additional resources.
- Echo of the Elements no longer grants a second charge of Healing Stream Totem for Elemental Shaman.
- Call of the Thunder (Level 25 talent) removed.
Elemental Shaman Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Elemental Shamans.
- Level 15 Talents: Earthen Rage / Echo of the Elements / Elemental Blast;
- Level 25 Talents: Aftershock / Echoing Shock / Totem Mastery;
- Level 30 Talents: Spirit Wolf / Earth Shield / Static Charge;
- Level 35 Talents: Master of the Elements / Storm Elemental / Liquid Magma Totem;
- Level 40 Talents: Nature's Guardian / Ancestral Guidance / Wind Rush Totem;
- Level 45 Talents: Surge of Power / Primal Elementalist / Icefury;
- Level 50 Talents: Unlimited Power / Stormkeeper / Ascendance.
- The Maelstrom resource and bar have been removed.
- Maelstrom Weapon returns, giving each attack a chance to grant a stack of a buff that is used to make your next healing or damage-dealing ability instant.
- Rockbiter has been removed.
- The base cooldown of Lava Lash was increased from 12 to 18 seconds.
- Stormstrike's cooldown has been reduced to 7.5 seconds (was 9 seconds).
- Maximum Maelstrom Weapon stacks have been increased from 5 to 10.
- Each stack of Maelstrom Weapon now grants increased damage and/or healing to the abilities Maelstrom Weapon affects in addition to the cast time reduction.
- Abilities altered by Maelstrom Weapon had their baseline damage or healing values reduced.
- Stormbringer now longer causes your next Stormstrike to not incur a cooldown.
- Feral Spirit now grants one stack of Maelstrom Weapon immediately when pressed, and an additional 5 stacks over the duration of Feral Spirit.
- Each target that you hit with Chain Lightning now both increases the damage of, and reduces the cooldown of your next Crash Lightning.
- Windfury Totem radius has been increased from 12 to 30 yards.
- Windfury Weapon and Flametongue Weapon no longer require you to click the button, then click a weapon on your character sheet. They automatically apply their effect to an appropriate equipped weapon.
- Lightning Shield now has a 50% chance to grant you a stack of Maelstrom Weapon when it deals damage to an enemy.
- Flame Shock and Frost Shock have their cooldowns shortened with your current Haste.
Enhancement Shaman Talent Changes
- Boulderfist (talent) has been redesigned and renamed to Lashing Flames (Passive). Lava Lash now increases the damage of your Flame Shock on the target by 100% for 12 seconds.
- Landslide (talent) has been redesigned and renamed to Stormfury (Passive). Each time Windfury Weapon activates, the cooldown of Stormstrike is reduced by 1 second.
- Cycle of the Elements (formerly Hailstone) now makes Stormstrike reset the cooldown of your Shock spells.
- Searing Assault (Level 35 talent) has been reworked and renamed to Hailstorm. Each stack of Maelstrom Weapon consumed increases the damage of your next Frost Shock by 50%, and causes your next Frost Shock to hit 1 additional target per stack of Maelstrom Weapon consumed. Maximum 5 stacks.
- Overcharge (talent) redesigned and renamed to Fire Nova. The spell causes all of your Flame Shocks to erupt in flames, dealing damage to up to 6 targets near your Flame Shock targets.
- Stormkeeper (Level 45 talent) makes your next 2 Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning spells instant cast and deals bonus damage. It also benefits from Maelstrom Weapon.
- Elemental Blast is now a Level 15 talent in place of Lightning Shield.
- Forceful Winds is now a Level 15 talent (up from 25).
- Hot Hand is now a Level 25 talent (down from 15).
- Fury of Air (Level 45 talent) removed.
Enhancement Shaman Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Enhancement Shamans.
- Level 15 Talents: Lashing Flames / Forceful Winds / Elemental Blast;
- Level 25 Talents: Stormfury / Hot Hand / Totem Mastery;
- Level 30 Talents: Spirit Wolf / Earth Shield / Static Charge;
- Level 35 Talents: Cycle of the Elements / Hailstorm / Fire Nova;
- Level 40 Talents: Nature's Guardian / Feral Lunge / Wind Rush Totem;
- Level 45 Talents: Crashing Storm / Stormkeeper / Sundering;
- Level 50 Talents: Elemental Spirits / Earthen Spike / Ascendance.
- Earth Shield is now baseline for the spec (was a Level 25 talent).
Restoration Shaman Talent Changes
- Surge of Earth is a new Level 25 talent that expends a few Earth Shield charges to significantly heal the current target and several nearby allies.
Restoration Shaman Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Restoration Shamans.
- Level 15 Talents: Torrent / Undulation / Unleash Life;
- Level 25 Talents: Echo of the Elements / Deluge / Surge of Earth;
- Level 30 Talents: Spirit Wolf / Earthgrab Totem / Static Charge;
- Level 35 Talents: Ancestral Vigor / Earthen Wall Totem / Ancestral Protection Totem;
- Level 40 Talents: Nature's Guardian / Graceful Spirit / Wind Rush Totem;
- Level 45 Talents: Flash Flood / Downpour / Cloudburst Totem;
- Level 50 Talents: High Tide / Wellspring / Ascendance.
More Patch 9.0.1 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.1 class changes linked below.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 16 Jun. 2020: Shaman changes updated with the Alpha Build 34714 rework.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 02 Jun. 2020: Updated intro with links to Anima Powers and Covenant Abilities.
- 25 May 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34490.
- 15 May 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34365.
- 08 May 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34278.
- 30 Apr. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34199.
- 28 Apr. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34137.
- 21 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Suspensions Coming for Green Scepter Shard Griefing
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- The Great Vault Mythic Dungeons Item Choices Explained
- Patch 8.3.7 and Classic Hotfixes: July 31st
- Ectoplasmic Distiller Hotfix: July 31st
- Night Elf Male Blindfold Customization Option in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.1 Build 35360: Class Changes