Vengeance Demon Hunter Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Vengeance Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption Powers to Buy for Vengeance Demon Hunters
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific Corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the Corruptions on your gear without any randomness involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Vengeance Demon Hunter, the best Corruption choices are based around damage output and snap threat. Due to the best Mythic+ builds revolving around Gluttony, Vengeance relies on Corruption damage output to gain and hold threat while tanking. The best Corruptions to choose from are as follows:
- Twilight Devastation: best AoE Corruption option available to Vengeance. Twilight Devastation is the all-around best choice in Mythic+ to maintain threat and push damage. This can be inconsistent depending on when it procs.
- Infinite Stars: purely Single Target Corruption that may be decent on a handful of bosses in Ny'alotha but, not recommended in any other content.
- Echoing Void: a strong Single Target Corruption that splits damage based on the number of enemies hit. Will out-perform Twilight Devastation on a regular basis for Single Target but quickly falls behind in any AoE situation.
- Lash of the Void
- : a very consistent Corruption that scales with Haste. It does AoE damage and a slow that perform well in both Single Target and AoE at the cost of 25 Corruption. Void Lash performs extremely well at snap threat in both Mythic+ and Raid. Recommended to use one or two of these when possible.
- Gushing Wound: a cost-effective damage Corruption for Single Target and Cleave.
Bear in mind as well that in the majority of content Lash of the Void is still very valuable, but is not available from MOTHER. This means planning out what Corruptions you use require you to budget out space for this, because it will perform adequately in single target and exceptionally in AoE.
How Much Corruption Should I Run as a Vengeance Demon Hunter?
As a tank, Vengeance has the ability of going over 40 Corruption successfully in most situations as long as the healer(s) are prepared. Face-tanking a Thing from Beyond at exactly the wrong time will definitely result in death or at least trigger Last Resort. Unfortunately, Vengeance does not have many ways of dealing with Thing from Beyond besides taking the damage. Sigil of Misery will be able to fear the add for 20 seconds with proper sigil timing or the Demon Hunter can attempt to outrun the add which can be difficult in a group or raid setting where positioning is very important.
We do not recommend ever running above 60 Corruption in any kind of serious content, however, as the added danger when multiple adds spawn is too high.
Picking Vengeance Demon Hunter Corruption Items
With the addition of the Corruption vendor, collecting the desired Corruptions are less random and more of a daily grind. Twilight Devastation rank 1 at the bare minimum is recommended. Rank 3 costs 15,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha so purchasing rank 1 in the interim might be beneficial for newer tanks gearing up.
Unfortunately, Lash of the Void is not purchasable from the vendor. This Corruption can only be obtained on Unguent Caress which is a drop from Ra'den. Mythic+ only players will not have access to this Corruption and could try substituting additional Twilight Devastation or other Corruptions mentioned above.
Corruption Effects Simulations
There are 2 types of simulations that can be done for the Corruption effects, namely: DPS per point of Corruption, and DPS per effect. Generally speaking, DPS per point of Corruption is more important than DPS per total effect, since you only have a limited amount of Corruption you can comfortably use in a raid setting. Below, we have listed both types of simulations:
Single-Target DPS per Point of Corruption
Single-Target DPS per Effect
AoE DPS per Point of Corruption
AoE DPS per Effect
- 08 Jun. 2020: Page added.
- Hunter Stable Size Increased to 205 Slots in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34972: Class Changes
- Tyrannical Affix No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands
- Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Changes to Combat Potions on the Shadowlands Alpha
- Demon Hunter Shadowlands Major Class Changes: July 1st
- An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on the Shadowlands Alpha