Covenants in Shadowlands Expansion
This page will contain all information that you require for the covenants in Shadowlands, with links to overviews and guides for each covenant specifically.
This page will be updated as more information becomes available throughout BlizzCon and beyond.
Covenants in the Shadowlands
Each zone of the Shadowlands has a covenant that rules over it, with each having a different goal and presence in their land. The noble Kyrians ensure the safety of their people in Bastion, while the Venthyr of Revendreth punish any who are not worthy of their land.
The covenants of each zone are as follows.
The Kyrians of Bastion
The Kyrians are a noble, angelic people that ensure the peace and order of their lands in Bastion are not disturbed. They build constructs to both protect and enforce their laws, as well as being the source of the Spirit Healers on Azeroth.
You can read more about them on our dedicated Kyrian overview.
The Necrolords of Maldraxxus
The Necrolords are made up of races and beings that many would consider evil on Azeroth, such as liches and warlords. They pride themselves on their strength and any who prove to be weak are experimented on relentlessly.
You can read more about them on our dedicated Necrolord overview.
The Night Fae of Ardenweald
The Night Fae fulfill the same role as many of the nature spirits on Azeroth, acting as guardians of nature and ensuring the cycle of life and death goes on uninterrupted.
You can read more about them on our dedicated Night Fae overview.
The Venthyr of Revendreth
The Venthyr act as punishers of the proud and arrogant souls that stand before them, these thralls forced to suffer their punishment, lest they wish to be sent to the Maw instead.
You can read more about them on our dedicated Venthyr overview.
Rewards from Covenants
Players that join a covenant will receive a number of rewards for their loyalty, both as cosmetics and new abilities.
Players will receive a mount, pet, transmog set, all of which are in the style of their chosen covenant, as well as special cloak appearances that look like back attachments.
Below are the plate sets that players will receive from their chosen covenant.
Each covenant will provide players with a new non-class ability, as well as a class-specific ability that is exclusive to their covenant.
You can read more about the abilities, as well as see lists of the currently known abilities, on the covenant overview pages.
Blizzard have stated that players will be able to change covenants, but at a heavy price. What exactly this entails, we do not know, but it was mentioned that it would be similar to the Aldor and Scryer reputations in Burning Crusade and the requirements for swapping there.
Soulbinds allow players to bind themselves to a soul of one of their covenant, granting benefits that are normally not available to the player.
The only soulbinds that have currently been shown are 2 from the Venthyr:
- Theotar, the Mad Duke — Arrogance: you have 5% increased critical strike chance against targets whose current health percentage is lower than yours.
- Nadjia, the Mistblade — Deflecting Flourish: your parry is increased by 6%. If you are normally unable to parry, Nadjia will teach you how to.
These soulbinds can be upgraded using the ability tree, which uses Conduits that players will find while in the Shadowlands.
- 03 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Outlaw Rogue Anniversary Event Ragnaros Bug
- Corrupted Weapons from Ny'alotha, the Waking City in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion Sells Various Items in Patch 8.3
- Patch 8.2.5 and Classic Hotfixes: November 13th
- PvP with the Blues: November 15th
- Ny'alotha, the Waking City Rewards: Ny'alotha Allseer (Mythic N'Zoth Mount) & Wriggling Parasite (Glory of the Ny'alotha Raider Mount)
- Infinite Heart of Azeroth Trait in Patch 8.3: Purity of the Worldsoul
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk
- Fury Warrior 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.2
- Gems for Timewalking Arcane Mage