Survival Hunter Best Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits are the most important character customization options in Shadowlands. They have a substantial impact on your toolkit and performance as Survival Hunter. This page's purpose is to help you pick the right options according to the content you intend to do in Shadowlands.
This page assumes that you are already familiar with Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits. If that is not the case, we have a number of pages that can help you get up to speed:
- Covenants Guide, which explains what Covenants are, what perks they bring, and how you can join one;
- Hunter Covenant Abilities, which lists all the abilities that Hunters gain by joining each Covenant;
- How To Change Covenant?, which tells you how you can switch Covenant (rejoining a former Covenant will require you to perform a number of tasks to regain their trusts);
- General Soulbind Guide, which explains what Soulbinds are and how you can pledge yourself to them to open up their Soulbind tree;
- Hunter Conduits, which lists all of the Conduits available to Hunters.
Summary of the Best Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits
|Raiding||Night Fae||Niya||Survival Hunter Niya Raiding tree|
|Mythic+||Night Fae||Korayn||Survival Hunter Korayn Mythic+ tree|
Why Night Fae is the Best Covenant for Survival Hunter
For this reason, Night Fae is the best choice for Survival Hunters, providing superior single-target and AoE DPS to the other choices.
We cover our thoughts on the Covenants and their Soulbinds in this section further below.
Best Conduits for Survival Hunter
In the list below, you will find the best Conduits, organized by type. For more information, please the Conduits section of this page.
- Best Potency Conduits: Strength of the Pack, Spirit Attunement
- Best Finesse Conduits: Personal choice. None of them are especially good or bad.
- Best Endurance Conduits: Resilience of the Hunter is very strong. For additional Endurance slots, go with your personal preference or whatever suits the fight.
Stinging Strike and Deadly Tandem are very close to each other, with the former being better for single-target situations and the latter being a bit better when there is a mix of single-target and AoE.
Best Conduits for Survival Hunter
This section only covers which Conduits you should pick. For detailed explanations on what all of the Hunter Conduits do, check out our Hunter Soulbinds and Conduits Page below.
Sometimes a Conduit will be much better for a particular type of damage than another. Because of this, we will sometimes label Conduits' position in the Tier Lists by either Single-Target or Mythic/AoE.
SS-Tier refers to Conduits that are ideal in every single scenario and should always be chosen when possible.
Best Potency Conduits for Survival Hunter
All Covenants and Conduits are ranked relative to the best overall setup.
S-Tier Soulbind Conduits
- Spirit Attunement (Night Fae)
- Enfeebled Mark (Kyrian)
- Empowered Release (Venthyr)
- Strength of the Pack
- Stinging Strike (only with Birds of Prey)
A-Tier Soulbind Conduits
B-Tier Soulbind Conduits
In some situations, Stinging Strike and Deadly Tandem will compete with Strength of the Pack on pure single-target. However, Strength of the Pack is both stronger for Mythic+ and is generally the more versatile option so it should be your go-to.
Best Endurance Conduits for Survival Hunter
All of these Conduits are geared towards survival and defensive options. This means that there is a bit more room for personal choice here.
With that said, we feel that Resilience of the Hunter is by far the best choice here. This is because a damage reduction will pretty much always be useful, and Feign Death has a forgivingly short cooldown. Using this Conduit leading up to periods of high damage taken is extremely powerful.
Best Finesse Conduits for Survival Hunter
These Conduits are geared towards mobility and utility. None of them are particularly good, so we recommend picking what you feel suits your playstyle the most, and taking your situation into account.
Covenants for Survival Hunter
Night Fae: Wild Spirits
Night Fae is the best Covenant for Survival Hunters, providing the best single-target DPS by a small margin, and best AoE by a large margin.
Venthyr: Flayed Shot
Venthyr is the second best Covenant for Survival Hunters. It can actually beat Night Fae on pure single-target by a small margin, but it is far behind in AoE and burst; we do not generally recommend it.
Kyrian: Resonating Arrow
Kyrian is the third-best Covenant for Survival Hunters, providing inferior single-target and AoE to Night Fae, although it has an AoE advantage on Venthyr.
Necrolord: Death Chakram
Necrolord is the fourth-best Covenant for Survival Hunters. It does not have any particular strengths over Night Fae and Kyrian, so there is not much to say about it beyond this.
Soulbinds for Survival Hunter
Night Fae Soulbinds
- Niya is the best choice for most situations with Grove Invigoration, despite Mastery being a poor stat for us. At high Renown, Niya's Tools: Burrs is also extremely powerful— at least for single-target.
- Korayn is recommended for Mythic+ as a Survival Hunter as she offers a large boost to your burst AoE via First Strike.
- Dreamweaver can be a strong choice as well. He is somewhat behind in terms of DPS (around 3%), but his Podtender effectively allows you to Cheat Death once a fight.
- Nadjia the Mistblade is the best choice. Survival loves Haste, and Thrill Seeker provides a bunch of it.
- Theotar the Mad Duke is competitive as well, being only 1% worse than Nadjia.
- General Draven is a terrible choice, being over 2% behind Theotar and having no major strengths otherwise.
- Pelagos is the best Soulbind for Kyrian, assuming that you are always able to collect 3 orbs from Combat Meditation. If not, look towards Forgelite Mikanikos instead.
- Kleia is extremely poor for Kyrian and should never be chosen.
- Forgelite Prime Mikanikos is very strong for Mythic+ as a Kyrian Survival Hunter, as his Hammer of Genesis Soulbind Ability is bugged and provides much more Haste than it should at the start of every Mythic+ pack.
- Bonesmith Heirmir is the best choice for Necrolords, providing the best DPS output by a decent margin.
- Emeni is not a bad choice either, being roughly 1% behind Heirmir.
- Plague Deviser Marileth is the worst Necrolord Soulbind and should not be chosen in pretty much any situation.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Several small changes.
- Updated the recommended Mythic+ Soulbind Tree for Korayn.
- Moved up Venthyr's Empowered Release to S-Tier.
- Moved Stinging Strike from A to B-tier, but added a note that it is S-Tier for Birds of Prey-based builds.
- Updated the recommendation status of Venthyr vs Kyrian as the second-best Covenant for Survival Hunters.
- Updated the Dreamweaver recommendation description.
- Updated the Forgelite Mikanikos recommendation description as he is very strong for Mythic+.
- Updated the source of Korayn's strength in Mythic+ to be First Strike rather than Wild Hunt Tactics.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top