Survival Hunter Best Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits — Dragonflight 10.0.2
Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits are the most important character customization options in Shadowlands. They have a substantial impact on your toolkit and performance as Survival Hunter. This page's purpose is to help you pick the right options according to the content you intend to do in Shadowlands.
Please be aware that as of the Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Dragonflight expansion, all Covenant abilities, Soulbinds, and Conduits will only function while within the Shadowlands. This page will temporarily remain as a reference.
This page assumes that you are already familiar with Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits. If that is not the case, we have a number of pages that can help you get up to speed:
- Covenants Guide, which explains what Covenants are, what perks they bring, and how you can join one;
- Hunter Covenant Abilities, which lists all the abilities that Hunters gain by joining each Covenant;
- How To Change Covenant?, which tells you how you can switch Covenant (rejoining a former Covenant will require you to perform a number of tasks to regain their trusts);
- General Soulbind Guide, which explains what Soulbinds are and how you can pledge yourself to them to open up their Soulbind tree;
- Hunter Conduits, which lists all of the Conduits available to Hunters.
Covenant Recommendation Change in Patch 9.2
A big factor in changing Covenant recommendations in Patch 9.2 is the introduction of Double Legendaries, one of which must be the Covenant-specific Legendary. Therefore, a big part of these recommendations is not only the power of the Covenants and Soulbinds themselves, but also the Legendary Power associated with the Covenant.
Best Covenant for Survival Hunter
- Venthyr with Theotar the Mad Duke is the optimal setup for Survival in most situations, offering the strongest single-target by far, and powerful cleave on low-target counts. Its only weakness is short-term burst.
- Kyrian with Forgelite Prime Mikanikos is the best choice for high-target, heavy AoE Mythic+ where it delivers far better short-term burst than Venthyr, but at a huge cost to single-target damage that is nonetheless worth it.
- Night Fae with Dreamweaver is the best Night Fae setup for Survival Hunters. It is generally weaker than Venthyr in all situations, but has some of the strongest 2-minute burst in the game, especially on 2-4 targets.
- Necrolord with Marileth is the best Necrolord setup for Survival Hunters. It is weak for all situations and should never be played in an optimal setup, but many enjoy the burst damage provided by the Bag of Munitions Legendary Power for Mythic+ especially.
Best Soulbind for Survival Hunter
- Venthyr always runs Theotar with the 3 Potency Conduits Empowered Release, Strength of the Pack, and either Stinging Strike for single-target, or Deadly Tandem for Mythic+/AoE.
- Night Fae always runs Dreamweaver with the 3 Potency Conduits Spirit Attunement, Strength of the Pack, and either Stinging Strike for single-target, or Deadly Tandem for Mythic+/AoE. We recommend the right path at the bottom of the Tree, allowing you 2 Endurance and 1 Finesse Conduits.
- Necrolord always runs Plague Deviser Marileth with the 3 Potency Conduits Necrotic Barrage, Strength of the Pack, and either Stinging Strike for single-target, or Deadly Tandem for Mythic+/AoE. We recommend picking up 2 Endurance Conduits, and then going for the right path at the bottom of the tree to pick up Undulating Maneuvers.
- Kyrian always runs Forgelite Prime Mikanikos with the 3 Potency Conduits Enfeebled Mark, Strength of the Pack, and Stinging Strike. For Mythic+, you swap out Stinging Strike for the Hammer of Genesis Soulbind Ability. It is mandatory to pick the left side at the bottom of the tree to pick up the DPS Soulbind Ability Soulglow Spectrometer.
Best Conduits for Survival Hunter
Best Potency Conduits for Survival Hunter
We have mentioned the Potency Conduits in our Soulbind recommendations above. In short, Strength of the Pack is nearly always ideal, while Stinging Strike is preferred for single-target, and Deadly Tandem for AoE. It is best to sim this choice. In all cases, the Covenant-specific Conduit (for example Spirit Attunement) is always picked.
Best Endurance Conduits for Survival Hunter
- Marksman's Advantage
- Resilience of the Hunter
- Condensed Anima Sphere
- Rejuvenating Wind
- Harmony of the Tortollan
Best Finesse Conduits for Survival Hunter
- Reversal of Fortune (provided you can Interrupt)
- Cheetah's Vigor
- Ambuscade/ Tactical Retreat
- 26 Oct. 2022: Updated descriptions.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)