Mage Legendary Powers and Armor in Shadowlands
An overview of Mage Legendary powers and Armor coming in the Shadowlands.
Mage Legendary Armor
Legendary Armor pieces are named after the Base Items that are used to craft them, so two Legendary armor pieces will share the same name, but have different Legendary Powers attached to them. Below is a list of all Base Items required for Cloth wearers to create Legendary Armor.
- Shadowghast Ring;
- Shadowghast Necklace;
- Grim-Veiled Robe;
- Grim-Veiled Cape;
- Grim-Veiled Sandals;
- Grim-Veiled Mittens;
- Grim-Veiled Hood;
- Grim-Veiled Pants;
- Grim-Veiled Spaulders;
- Grim-Veiled Belt;
- Grim-Veiled Bracers.
For more information about crafting Legendary Armor and Legendary Powers, please refer to our Runecarving Guide.
Mage Legendary Powers
We divide Legendary powers into general, available to all classes, class-wide, available to all specializations within the same class, and specialization-specific, available to just one specialization. Legendary powers can only be imbued on Base Items and occupy a specific armor slot, as outlined below.
Class-Wide Mage Legendary Powers
The following Legendary powers are available to all specializations:
- Disciplinary Command (Wrist/Finger) — Casting a Frost, Fire, and Arcane spell within 10 seconds of each other increases the Critical Strike damage of all of your spells by 10%. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
- Expanded Potential (Waist/Feet) — Your Fireball, Frostbolt and Arcane Blast have a chance to give you Expanded Potential, which causes your next Hot Streak, Brain Freeze or Clearcasting to not be consumed.
- Grisly Icicle (Head/Shoulder) — Your Frost, Fire, and Arcane damage against enemies affected by Frost Nova is increased by 10% and no longer breaks it.
Arcane Mage Legendary Powers
The powers listed here are intended for Arcane Mages.
- Arcane Bombardment (Back/Feet) — Arcane Barrage deals an additional 40% damage against targets below 35% Health.
- Arcane Harmony (Shoulder/Hands) — Increases the damage done by Arcane Missiles by 10%. Each time Arcane Missiles hits an enemy, the damage of your next Arcane Barrage is increased by 2%. This effect stacks.
- Siphon Storm (Legs/Feet) — Evocation grants 2 Arcane Charges and, while channelling Evocation, your Intellect is increased by 2% every second. Lasts 30 seconds.
- Triune Ward (Neck/Chest) — Casting any Barrier spell grants the effects of Blazing Barrier, Ice Barrier, and Prismatic Barrier. Each absorb shield has 40% effectiveness.
Fire Mage Legendary Powers
Here we list Legendary powers available to Frost Mages in Shadowlands.
- Fevered Incantation (Head/Waist) — Each consecutive Critical Strike you deal increases Critical Strike damage you deal by 2%.
- Firestorm (Shoulder/Finger) — When Hot Streak activates, you have a low chance to cause all Pyroblasts and Flamestrikes to have no cast time and be guaranteed critical strikes for 5 seconds.
- Molten Skyfall (Neck/Wrist) — Casting 30 Fireballs or Pyroblasts calls down a Meteor on your target. Hitting an enemy player counts as double.
- Sun King's Blessing (Wrist/Hands) — After consuming 6 Hot Streaks, your next non-instant Pyroblast cast within 15 seconds grants you Combustion for 6 seconds.
- Temporal Warp (Chest/Finger) — While you have Temporal Displacement or other similar effects, you may use Time Warp at a reduced effectiveness, granting 15% Haste for 20 seconds.
Frost Mage Legendary Powers
Legendary powers included in this section are for Frost Mages.
- Cold Front (Back/Chest) — Casting 15 Frostbolts or Flurries calls down a Frozen Orb on your target. Hitting an enemy player counts as double.
- Freezing Winds (Head/Hands) — While Frozen Orb is active, you gain Fingers of Frost every 5 seconds. While Frozen Orb is not active, each Frostbolt reduces the cooldown of Frozen Orb by 2.5 seconds.
- Glacial Fragments (Back/Legs) — Ice Lance has a 15% chance to explode into shards of ice when it hits a target, dealing (40% of Spell Power) Frost damage to up to 5 enemies near your target. This chance is increased to 50% if your target is standing in a Blizzard.
- Slick Ice (Waist/Legs) — While Icy Veins is active, each Frostbolt you cast reduces the cast time of your Frostbolt by 5%, stacking up to 10 times.
General Legendary Powers
You can find a list of all general Legendary Powers shared between all classes and their effects in our General Legendary Powers Guide.
Other Class-Specific Legendary Powers
Legendary powers available for other classes in Shadowlands can be found below.
- Death Knight Legendary Powers;
- Demon Hunter Legendary Powers;
- Druid Legendary Powers;
- Hunter Legendary Powers;
- Monk Legendary Powers;
- Paladin Legendary Powers;
- Priest Legendary Powers;
- Rogue Legendary Powers;
- Shaman Legendary Powers;
- Warlock Legendary Powers;
- Warrior Legendary Powers.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35432.
- 08 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- The Community's Growing Concerns With the Recent Realm Connections
- Sylvari Mantle "Shadowmeld" Soulbind Trait Removed in Shadowlands Beta Build 35522
- Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event Week 2 Preview
- Patch 8.3.7 Hotfixes: August 13th
- Official Preview of Shadowlands Adventures by Blizzard
- PvP Vendors Sell Soulbind Conduits and Legendary Power Recipes in Shadowlands
- Nathanos Blightcaller's Fate in the Shadowlands Pre-patch
- Shadowlands Base Edition Will Be Digital-Only?