Mage Legendary Powers and Armor in Shadowlands
An overview of Mage Legendary Powers and Armor available in Shadowlands.
Mage Legendary Armor
Legendary Armor pieces are named after Base Items, so two Legendary Armor pieces will share the same name, but have different Legendary Powers attached to them.
You can find more about crafting Legendary Armor in our Runecarving Guide.
For more information about Base Items, please refer to our Base Items Guide.
General Legendary Powers
In addition to the Hunter-specific powers presented in this page, there are 8 generic Legendary Powers in Shadowlands that are accessible to all classes. You can find them in our general Legendary Powers Guide.
Mage Legendary Powers
We divide Legendary powers into general, available to all classes, class-wide, available to all specializations within the same class, and specialization-specific, available to just one specialization. Legendary powers can only be imbued on Base Items and occupy specific armor slots, as outlined below.
Class-Wide Mage Legendary Powers
The following Legendary powers are available to all specializations:
- Disciplinary Command (Wrist/Finger) — Casting a Frost, Fire, and Arcane spell within 10 seconds of each other increases the Critical Strike damage of all of your spells by 20%. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
- Expanded Potential (Waist/Feet) — Your Fireball, Frostbolt and Arcane Blast have a chance to give you Expanded Potential, which causes your next Hot Streak, Brain Freeze or Clearcasting to not be consumed.
- Fevered Incantation (Head/Hands/Waist) — Each consecutive critical
strike damage you deal increases critical strike damage you deal by 3%,
up to 15%.
- Source: Memory of a Fevered Incantation — Drops from World Boss Oranomonos the Everbranching.
- Grisly Icicle (Head/Neck/Shoulder) — Your spells no longer break Frost Nova, and enemies damaged by Frost Nova take 15% increased damage from your Fire and Arcane spells for 8 seconds.
- Temporal Warp (Chest/Finger) — While you have Temporal Displacement or other similar effects, you may use Time Warp to grant yourself 30% Haste for 40 seconds.
- Triune Ward (Neck/Chest) — Casting any Barrier spell grants the effects of Blazing Barrier, Ice Barrier, and Prismatic Barrier. Each absorb shield has 65% effectiveness.
Arcane Mage Legendary Powers
The powers listed here are intended for Arcane Mages.
- Arcane Bombardment (Back/Feet) — Arcane Barrage deals an additional 130% damage against targets below 35% Health.
- Arcane Harmony (Shoulder/Hands) — Each time Arcane Missiles hits an enemy, the damage of your next Arcane Barrage is increased by 8%. This effect stacks up to 15 times (10 times in PvP).
- Siphon Storm (Hands/Legs/Feet) — Evocation grants 1 Arcane Charge and, while channeling Evocation, your Intellect is increased by 2% every second. Lasts 30 seconds.
To find out the best Legendaries for Arcane Mage, please refer to our dedicated guide:
Fire Mage Legendary Powers
Here we list Legendary powers available to Fire Mages in Shadowlands.
- Firestorm (Shoulder/Finger) — When Hot Streak activates, you have a low chance to cause all Pyroblasts and Flamestrikes to have no cast time and be guaranteed critical strikes for 5 seconds.
- Molten Skyfall (Neck/Wrist) — Damaging an enemy with 18 Fireballs or Pyroblasts causes your next Fireball to call down a Meteor on your target. Hitting an enemy player counts as double.
- Sun King's Blessing (Wrist/Hands) — After consuming 8 Hot Streaks, your next non-instant Pyroblast cast within 15 seconds grants you Combustion for 6 seconds.
To find out the best Legendaries for Fire Mage, please refer to our dedicated guide:
Frost Mage Legendary Powers
Legendary powers included in this section are for Frost Mages.
- Cold Front (Back/Chest) — Casting 30 Frostbolts or Flurries calls down a Frozen Orb toward your target. Hitting an enemy player counts as double.
- Freezing Winds (Head/Hands) — While Frozen Orb is active, you gain Fingers of Frost every 2 seconds.
- Glacial Fragments (Back/Legs) — Ice Lance has a 20% chance to explode into shards of ice when it hits a target, dealing (40% of Spell Power) Frost damage to up to 5 enemies near your target. This chance is increased to 100% if your target is standing in a Blizzard.
- Slick Ice (Waist/Legs) — While Icy Veins is active, each Frostbolt you cast reduces the cast time of your Frostbolt by 2%, and increases its damage by 2%, stacking up to 10 times.
To find out the best Legendaries for Frost Mage, please refer to our dedicated guide:
Covenant-Specific Mage Legendary Powers
- Death's Fathom (Shoulder/Wrist/Feet) — Your Fireball, Frostbolt, and Arcane Blast have a chance to grant Deathborne for 8 seconds. While in the form of a skeletal mage, the spell damage granted is increased by 1% for each enemy hit by Fireball, Frostbolt and Arcane Blast.
- Harmonic Echo (Head/Waist) — Damage dealt to enemies affected by Radiant Spark's vulnerability echo to 4 nearby enemies for 30% of the damage dealt.
- Heart of the Fae (Chest/Hands) — Shifting Power can now be channeled while moving. Each enemy hit by Shifting Power grants you 1% Critical Strike and Haste, up to 10% for 15 seconds.
- Sinful Delight (Legs/Feet) — Consuming Clearcast (Arcane) a Fire Blast charge (Fire), or Brain Freeze reduces Mirrors of Torment's cooldown by 4 seconds. If Mirrors of Torment is dispelled, the cooldown is reduced by 45 seconds.
Other Class-Specific Legendary Powers
Legendary powers available to other classes in Shadowlands can be found below.
- 15 Jul. 2021: Updated with latest tuning changes.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Chains of Domination.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 05 Jan. 2021: Moved Fevered Incantation to class-wide section.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Temporal Warp can now be crafted by all 3 specializations.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 27 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35978.
- 07 Sep. 2020: Updated based on recent feedback.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Guide updated for Beta Build 35598.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35432.
- 08 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- Complete "That's the Spirit" Achievement Before Patch 9.1.5 Goes Live
- Timewalking Mage Tower Not Coming Until Early December
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: October 21st
- Official 9.1.5 Patch Notes
- Patch 9.1.5 Release Date is Novemeber 2nd/3rd!
- Official Preview of the Timewalking Mage Tower
- Kill Dunegorger Kraulok This Week for a Chance at Mollie the Alpaca Mount
- Warrior Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5