Mage Legendary Powers and Armor in Shadowlands
An overview of Mage Legendary Powers and Armor available in Shadowlands.
Mage Legendary Armor
Legendary Armor pieces are named after Base Items, so two Legendary Armor pieces will share the same name, but have different Legendary Powers attached to them.
You can find more about crafting Legendary Armor in our Runecarving Guide.
For more information about Base Items, please refer to our Base Items Guide.
General Legendary Powers
In addition to the Hunter-specific powers presented in this page, there are 8 generic Legendary Powers in Shadowlands that are accessible to all classes. You can find them in our general Legendary Powers Guide.
Mage Legendary Powers
We divide Legendary powers into general, available to all classes, class-wide, available to all specializations within the same class, and specialization-specific, available to just one specialization. Legendary powers can only be imbued on Base Items and occupy specific armor slots, as outlined below.
Class-Wide Mage Legendary Powers
The following Legendary powers are available to all specializations:
- Disciplinary Command (Wrist/Finger) — Casting a Frost, Fire, and Arcane spell within 10 seconds of each other increases the Critical Strike damage of all of your spells by 15%. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
- Expanded Potential (Waist/Feet) — Your Fireball, Frostbolt and Arcane Blast have a chance to give you Expanded Potential, which causes your next Hot Streak, Brain Freeze or Clearcasting to not be consumed.
- Grisly Icicle (Head/Shoulder) — Your spells no longer break Frost Nova, and enemies damaged by Frost Nova take 15% increased damage from your Fire and Arcane spells for 8 seconds.
- Triune Ward (Neck/Chest) — Casting any Barrier spell grants the effects of Blazing Barrier, Ice Barrier, and Prismatic Barrier. Each absorb shield has 65% effectiveness.
Arcane Mage Legendary Powers
The powers listed here are intended for Arcane Mages.
- Arcane Bombardment (Back/Feet) — Arcane Barrage deals an additional 130% damage against targets below 35% Health.
- Arcane Harmony (Shoulder/Hands) — Each time Arcane Missiles hits an enemy, the damage of your next Arcane Barrage is increased by 7%. This effect stacks up to 15 times.
- Siphon Storm (Legs/Feet) — Evocation grants 1 Arcane Charge and, while channeling Evocation, your Intellect is increased by 2% every second. Lasts 30 seconds.
- Temporal Warp (Chest/Finger) — While you have Temporal Displacement or other similar effects, you may use Time Warp to grant yourself 30% Haste for 40 seconds.
Fire Mage Legendary Powers
Here we list Legendary powers available to Frost Mages in Shadowlands.
- Fevered Incantation (Head/Waist) — Each consecutive critical
strike damagee you deal increases critical strike damage you deal by 3%,
up to 15%.
- Source: Memory of a Fevered Incantation — Drops from World Boss Oranomonos the Everbranching.
- Firestorm (Shoulder/Finger) — When Hot Streak activates, you have a low chance to cause all Pyroblasts and Flamestrikes to have no cast time and be guaranteed critical strikes for 5 seconds.
- Molten Skyfall (Neck/Wrist) — Damaging an enemy with 25 Fireballs or Pyroblasts causes your next Fireball to call down a Meteor on your target. Hitting an enemy player counts as double.
- Sun King's Blessing (Wrist/Hands) — After consuming 12 Hot Streaks, your next non-instant Pyroblast cast within 15 seconds grants you Combustion for 5 seconds.
Frost Mage Legendary Powers
Legendary powers included in this section are for Frost Mages.
- Cold Front (Back/Chest) — Casting 60 Frostbolts or Flurries calls down a Frozen Orb toward your target. Hitting an enemy player counts as double.
- Freezing Winds (Head/Hands) — While Frozen Orb is active, you gain Fingers of Frost every 3 seconds.
- Glacial Fragments (Back/Legs) — Ice Lance has a 20% chance to explode into shards of ice when it hits a target, dealing (40% of Spell Power) Frost damage to up to 5 enemies near your target. This chance is increased to 100% if your target is standing in a Blizzard.
- Slick Ice (Waist/Legs) — While Icy Veins is active, each Frostbolt you cast reduces the cast time of your Frostbolt by 2%, and increases its damage by 2%, stacking up to 10 times.
Other Class-Specific Legendary Powers
Legendary powers available to other classes in Shadowlands can be found below.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 27 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35978.
- 07 Sep. 2020: Updated based on recent feedback.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Guide updated for Beta Build 35598.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35432.
- 08 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- The Shadowlands User Metacritic Score Is... Problematic
- Doubleagent Is Back at It, Already Level 53
- Naxxramas and Changes to the Scourge Event in WoW Classic
- Naxxramas Movie Teaser by IKedit
- Collect 810 Soul Ash to Craft First Legendary Next Week
- Legendary Powers Catch-Up System in Shadowlands
- The Only Realm First Achievement of Shadowlands
- Glory of the Shadowlands Hero Has Already Been Completed