Warlock Class Changes in Patch 9.1
On this page, you will find a list of all Warlock class changes introduced in Patch 9.1.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
General Warlock Changes
- Shadow Bolt Mana cost reduced to 1.5% base mana (was 2%).
- Dark Pact's (Level 30 Talent) additional absorb shield has been increased by 316%.
Warlock Class Guides Updated for Patch 9.1
Below, you will find out Warlock class guides, which have all been updated for Patch 9.1.
Affliction Warlock Changes
- Agony damage increased by 20%.
- Corruption damage increased by 15%.
- Seed of Corruption damage increased by 25%.
- Malefic Rapture damage reduced by 18%.
- Dark Caller is no longer a talent and is now learned baseline at Level 58.
- Shadow Embrace is no longer learned at Level 58 and is now a talent option on the Level 45 row.
- Shadow Embrace now lasts 16 seconds (was 12 seconds).
- Haunt and Shadow Embrace (Level 45 Talents) now also increase the damage of pets and guardians.
- New Conduit: Withering Bolt — Shadow Bolt deals 10% (or Drain Soul deals 5%) more damage per damage-over-time effect active on your target.
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks with Inevitable Demise (Talent) who are channeling Drain Life against multiple enemies, and when some of the enemies die, the damage of the rest of their Drain Life would no longer benefit from the Inevitable Demise damage boost.
- Focused Malignancy (Conduits) effectiveness reduced by 53%.
- Cold Embrace (Conduit) has been removed.
- Read more: Affliction Warlock Patch 9.1 Analysis
Demonology Warlock Changes
- From the Shadows (Level 35 Talent) now also increases your pet’s Shadowflame damage.
- Read more: Demonology Warlock Patch 9.1 Analysis
Destruction Warlock Changes
- Chaos Bolt damage increased by 10%.
- Incinerate Mana cost reduced to 1.5% Base Mana (was 2%).
- Eradication (Level 15 Talent) now also increases the damage of pets and guardians.
- Shadowburn (Level 25 Talent) damage increased by 23% and now refreshes a charge if the target dies within 5 seconds.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Corruption from also striking the Warlock’s Havoc target.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Havoc to be cast without interrupting channeled spells like Drain Life.
- Read more: Destruction Warlock Patch 9.1 Analysis
Warlock Legendary Power Changes
In this section, we list all Warlock Legendary Power changes that went live in Patch 9.1.
Affliction Warlock Legendary Powers
- Sacrolash's Dark Strike (Runecarving Power) has been redesigned — Corruption damage is increased by 25% (was 15%), and each time Corruption deals damage, it extends the duration of all your Curses active on the target by 2 seconds (was Corrupted targets movement speed slowed by 50%).
New Warlock Legendary Powers
This section contains all the new Warlock Legendary Powers added in Patch 9.1.
- Contained Perpetual Explosion (Head/Neck/Shoulder) — Impending Catastrophe's damage is increased by 75% plus 15% for each enemy target hit on the way to its final target.
- Decaying Soul Satchel (Hands/Feet) — Each target affected by Soul Rot increases your Haste and Critical Strike chance by 5% for 8 seconds.
- Languishing Soul Detritus (Chest/Wrist) — When Scouring Tithe generates Soul Shards, gain 100% increased Movement Speed and 40% increased Critical Strike chance for 8 seconds.
- Shard of Annihilation (Waist/Legs) — Decimating Bolt also increases the Critical Strike chance by 100% and Critical Strike damage by 50% for Shadow Bolt/ Drain Soul (Affliction), Demonbolt (Demonology) or Incinerate (Destruction).
Warlock PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Shadow Rift — Conjure a Shadow Rift at the target location lasting 2 seconds. Enemy players within the rift when it expires are teleported to your Demonic Circle.
- Casting Circle (PvP Talent) radius increased to 5 yards (was 3 yards), lasts 12 seconds (was 8 seconds) and now spawns directly underneath the warlock.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Unstable Affliction from contributing towards Soul Leech absorb when Rampant Afflictions (PvP Talent) was selected.
Affliction Warlock PvP Changes
- Essence Drain (PvP Talent) now lasts 10 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Soul Shatter (PvP Talent) has been removed.
Demonology Warlock PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Fel Obelisk — Summon a Fel Obelisk with 5% of your maximum health. Empowers you and your minions within 40 yards, increasing Attack Power by 20% and reducing the cast time of spells by 20% for 15 seconds.
- Call Fel Lord (PvP Talent) now deals 200% of the caster’s Spell Power per swing (was 5% of target’s maximum health). Cooldown of the ability increased to 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
- Singe Magic (PvP Talent) has been removed.
Destruction Warlock PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Bonds of Fel — Encircle enemy players with Bonds of Fel, snaring them by 50% for 6 seconds. If any target leaves the 8-yard radius, deals Fire damage, split amongst all nearby enemies.
- Chaos Bolt now deals 40% more damage in PvP combat (was 15%).
- Focused Chaos (PvP Talent) has been removed.
More Patch 9.1 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.1 class changes linked below.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 22 May 2021: Page added.
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch