Death Knight Class Changes in Patch 9.1
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
General Death Knight Changes
- Anti-Magic Zone duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds) and it will now fade when it absorbs 150% of the caster's health.
- Fixed an issue with Anti-Magic Zone's damage reduction being removed earlier than intended when two Death Knights cast Anti-Magic Zone.
Death Knight Class Guides Updated for Patch 9.1
Below, you will find out Death Knight class guides, which have all been updated for Patch 9.1.
Blood Death Knight Changes
- Damage of all spells and abilities increased by 6%.
- Read more: Blood Death Knight Patch 9.1 Analysis
Frost Death Knight Changes
- Chains of Ice now has a spell highlight on the action bar when the Death Knight has 20 stacks of Cold Heart (Talent).
Unholy Death Knight Changes
- Fixed an issue that was allowing the Haste bonus from Phearomones (Runecarving Power) to apply twice to the Death Knight's Raise Dead Ghoul.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Convocation of the Dead (Conduit) from proccing when Festering Wound were burst on a killing blow.
New Death Knight Legendary Powers
- Abomination's Frenzy (Wrist/Hands/Feet) — Abomination Limb's duration is increased by 4 seconds and the frequency it grants Bone Shield (Blood), Rime (Frost), Runic Corruption (Unholy) is increased by 2 seconds. Additionally, enemies pulled by Abomination Limb take 10% increased damage from you for 12 seconds.
- Final Sentence (Head/Shoulder/Back) — When Shackle the Unworthy spreads, instantly gain a Rune and your damage is increased by 2%, stacking up to 10% for 10 seconds.
- Insatiable Hunger (Legs/Feet) — When Swarming Mist ends it deals (77.16% of Attack Power) Shadow damage to 5 nearby enemies, healing you for 25% of the damage dealt. The damage is increased by 2% for every 1 Runic Power spent while Swarming Mist was active.
- Rampant Transference (Chest/Waist) — The strength gained from Death's Due is increased by 1% and persists for 2 seconds longer. While standing within your Death's Due your Runic Power generation is increased by 20%.
Death Knight PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Spellwarden added. Rune of Spellwarding is applied to you with 100% increased effect.
- New PvP Talent: Death's Echo added. Death's Advance, Death and Decay, and Death Grip have 1 additional charge.
- Strangulate (PvP Talent) is now available to all Death Knight specializations (was Blood only) and range reduced to 15 yards (was 30 yards). Duration reduced to 4 seconds (was 5 seconds).
- Necrotic Aura (PvP Talent) is now only available to Unholy specialization (was all specializations).
- Decomposing Aura (PvP Talent) is now only available to Blood specialization (was Blood and Unholy specializations) and now affects enemies within 8 yards (was 10 yards).
- Death Strike's heal is now reduced to 75% effectiveness in PvP Combat (was 50%).
- Fixed an issue that prevented Shackle the Unworthy (Kyrian Ability) from spreading to pets in PvP Combat.
- Cadaverous Pallor and Transfusion (PvP Talents) have been removed.
Blood Death Knight PvP Changes
- Blood for Blood has been redesigned — Passive: Heart Strike now deals 60% increased damage, but also costs 3% of your maximum health to cast.
- Last Dance (PvP Talent) now reduces the duration of Dancing Rune Weapon by 25% (was 50%).
Frost Death Knight PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Shroud of Winter added. Enemies within 8 yards of you become shrouded in winter, reducing the range of their spells and abilities by 30%.
- New PvP Talent: Bitter Chill added. Chains of Ice reduces the target's Haste by 8%. Frost Strike refreshes the duration of Chains of Ice.
- Dead of Winter (PvP Talent) no longer reduces the radius of Remorseless Winter.
- Deathchill (PvP Talent) radius when applied by Remorseless Winter increased to 8 yards (was 5 yards).
- Delirium (PvP Talent) can now only be applied through Howling Blast (was also applied by Frost Strike), reduces cooldown recovery rate of movement abilities by 50% (was 25%), lasts 12 seconds (was 15 seconds) and no longer stacks (stacked up to 2 times).
- Pillar of Frost's Strength bonus is no longer reduced in PvP Combat (was 66% effectiveness).
- Breath of Sindragosa (Talent) now deals 66% damage in PvP Combat (was 50%).
- Chill Streak (PvP Talent) damage reduced by 10%.
- Heartstop Aura (PvP Talent) has been removed.
Unholy Death Knight PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Necrotic Wounds added. Bursting a Festering Wound converts it into a Necrotic Wound, absorbing 5% of all healing received for 12 seconds and healing you for the amount absorbed when the effect ends. Maximum 6 stacks. Adding a stack does not refresh the duration.
- New PvP Talent: Doomburst added. Sudden Doom also causes your next Death Coil to burst up to 2 Festering Wounds and reduce the target's movement speed by 45% per burst. Lasts 3 seconds.
- Life and Death (PvP Talent) heals you for 5% of the healing received by targets afflicted by your Virulent Plague (was 10% of the healing received by targets afflicted by your Festering Wound).
- Raise Abomination (PvP Talent) cooldown increased to 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
- Necrotic Strike (PvP Talent) has been removed.
More Patch 9.1 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.1 class changes linked below.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 release.
- 22 May 2021: Page added.
- Complete "That's the Spirit" Achievement Before Patch 9.1.5 Goes Live
- Timewalking Mage Tower Not Coming Until Early December
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: October 21st
- Official 9.1.5 Patch Notes
- Patch 9.1.5 Release Date is Novemeber 2nd/3rd!
- Official Preview of the Timewalking Mage Tower
- Kill Dunegorger Kraulok This Week for a Chance at Mollie the Alpaca Mount
- Warrior Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5