Warlock Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
General Warlock Changes
- Curse of Tongues now lasts 1 minute (was 30 seconds) and lasts 20 seconds against enemy players (was 12 seconds).
Affliction Warlock Changes
- Malefic Rapture no longer causes targets to drop Stealth if it deals no damage.
- Malefic Rapture will no longer waste a Soul Shard if no targets are within line of sight when the cast is completed.
- Seed of Corruption now properly deals damage and applies Corruption if the Warlock is crowd-controlled when the seed detonates.
Demonology Warlock Changes
- Call Dreadstalkers, Summon Demonic Tyrant, Summon Vilefiend, Nether Portal demons, and Grimoire: Felguard will now listen to primary pet commands.
- Call Dreadstalkers Attack Power increased by 10%, and Dreadbide and Dreadlash damage increased by 10%.
Destruction Warlock Changes
- Mastery: Chaotic Energies now properly increases the damage of Corruption.
Warlock Covenant Ability Changes
- Scouring Tithe (Kyrian) now requires the Warlock to be facing its target.
- Decimating Bolt (Necrolord) bonus damage from the target’s missing health increased to 100% (was 60%).
- Impending Catastrophe (Venthyr) damage while moving towards its target has been increased by 10% and its explosion damage increased by 15%.
- Impending Catastrophe (Venthyr) no longer damages totems in its path to the target.
Warlock Legendary Power Changes
Affliction Warlock Legendary Powers
- Malefic Wrath duration increased to 10 seconds (was 8 seconds) and damage per stack increased to 35% (was 25%).
- Wrath of Consumption duration increased to 30 seconds (was 20 seconds) and periodic damage increased to 6% (was 5%).
- Wrath of Consumption now properly increases the damage of Scouring Tithe's periodic effects.
Demonology Warlock Legendary Powers
- Implosive Potential's Haste buff duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- Balespider's Burning Core increases the damage of Demonbolt by 15% per stack (was 8% per stack).
- Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling increased to 4% per stack (was 3% per stack).
Destruction Warlock Legendary Powers
- Madness of the Azj'Aqir duration increased to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Embers of the Diabolic Raiment now properly generate 6 Soul Shard Fragments when dealing a critical strike with Incinerate.
Warlock PvP Changes
- Amplify Curse (PvP Talent) cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 45 seconds).
- Casting Circle (PvP Talent) no longer causes Unending Resolve to stop granting its interrupt immunity.
- Demon Armor (PvP Talent) increases Armor by 160% (was 90%).
- Fixed an issue where Rapid Contagion (Affliction PvP Talent) could be used while under the effects of crowd control abilities.
Warlock Anima Power Changes
- Detonation Torch has been redesigned — Increases Shadow Bolt, Drain Soul (Level 15 Talent), Demonic Core, and Incinerate damage by 75% per stack. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Inferno Skewers has been redesigned — Increases the damage of Seed of Corruption, Implosion, and Rain of Fire by 75%. Stacks up to 4 times.
- Pact of Thickness now increases summoned demons health and damage by 50% (was only demon health).
- Smoking Shard of Teleportation buff duration increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- Bottled Shadow duration increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Visage of Lethality has been redesigned — When you are struck in melee by an auto-attack, you fear all nearby enemies for 8 seconds. The effect can happen once every 45 seconds.
The following Anima Powers have been removed: Hellfire Pact, Crystal of Perpetual Displacement.
More Patch 9.0.5 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.5 class changes linked below.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 release.
- 26 Feb. 2021: Updated for Build 37705.
- 21 Feb. 2021: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2