Paladin Legendary Powers and Armor in Shadowlands
An overview of Paladin Legendary Powers and Armor available in Shadowlands.
Paladin Legendary Armor
Legendary Armor pieces are named after Base Items, so two Legendary Armor pieces will share the same name, but have different Legendary Powers attached to them.
You can find more about crafting Legendary Armor in our Runecarving Guide.
Base Items are blank armor templates that are required to craft Legendary Armor in Shadowlands.
For more information about Base Items, please refer to our Base Items Guide.
General Legendary Powers
In addition to the Paladin-specific powers presented in this page, there are 8 generic Legendary Powers in Shadowlands that are accessible to all classes. You can find them in our general Legendary Powers Guide.
Paladin Legendary Powers
We divide Legendary powers into general, available to all classes, class-wide, available to all specializations within the same class, and specialization-specific, available to just one specialization. Legendary powers can only be imbued on Base Items and occupy specific armor slots, as outlined below.
Class-Wide Paladin Legendary Powers
The following Legendary powers are available to all specializations:
- Of Dusk and Dawn (Head/Neck/Shoulder) — When you reach 5 Holy
Power, you gain Blessing of Dawn that increases damage and healing by
15% for 10 seconds. When you reach 0 Holy Power, you gain
Blessing of Dusk that reduces damage taken by 15% for 10 seconds.
- Source: Memory of the Sun's Cycles — Drops from Stone Legion Generals in Castle Nathria.
- The Mad Paragon (Waist/Feet) — Hammer of Wrath deals
30% additional damage and extends the duration of Crusade and
Avenging Crusader and Avenging Wrath by 1 second.
- Source: Memory of the Mad Paragon — Rewarded from the Great Vault quest.
- The Magistrate's Judgment (Wrist/Finger) — Judgment
has a 60% chance (Holy), 45% chance (Protection), 75% chance (Retribution)
to reduce the cost of your next Holy Power spender by 1.
- Source: Memory of the Magistrate's Judgment — Drops from Xav the Unfallen in Theater of Pain.
- Uther's Devotion (Neck/Chest) — Your
Blessing of Freedom, Blessing of Sacrifice,
Blessing of Spellwarding, and Blessing of Protection cooldowns
are reduced by 1 second per Holy Power spent.
- Source: Memory of Uther — Purchased for Honor from Purveyor Zo'kuul. Must have Runecarving unlocked to purchase this memory.
Holy Paladin Legendary Powers
The powers listed here are intended for Holy Paladins.
- Inflorescence of the Sunwell (Back/Feet) — Holy Light
has a 30% chance to generate 2 Holy Power when it consumes Infusion of Light.
- Source: Memory of the Sunwell's Bloom — Drops in Torghast, The Soulforges, Layer 3+.
- Maraad's Dying Breath (Chest/Finger) — Healing with
Light of Dawn causes your next Light of the Martyr to also heal
your Beacon of Light. Each ally healed by Light of Dawn increases
Light of the Martyr healing by 10%.
- Source: Memory of Maraad's Dying Breath — Drops from Grand Proctor Beryllia in Sanguine Depths.
- Relentless Inquisitor (Back/Legs) — Spending Holy Power
grants you 1% haste per finisher for 12 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Source: Memory of a Relentless Inquisitor — Drops in Torghast, The Upper Reaches, Layer 3.
- Shadowbreaker, Dawn of the Sun (Shoulder/Hands) —
Light of Dawn's range is increased to 40 yards, and all allies inside
your Light of Dawn benefit from Mastery: Lightbringer as though they
were within 10 yards for 8 seconds. Word of Glory receives 50%
increased benefit from your Mastery.
- Source: Memory of the Shadowbreaker — Drops from Sun King's Salvation in Castle Nathria.
- Shock Barrier (Legs/Feet) — Holy Shock protects the
target with a shield of Holy Light for 18 seconds, absorbing up to
(20% of Holy Spell Power) damage every 6 seconds. Can protect up to 5
- Source: Memory of the Shock Barrier — Drops in Torghast, Coldheart Interstitia, Layer 3+.
To find out the best Legendaries for Holy Paladin, please refer to our dedicated guide:
Protection Paladin Legendary Powers
Here we list Legendary powers available to Protection Paladins in Shadowlands.
- Bulwark of Righteous Fury (Shoulder/Finger) —
Avenger's Shield increases the damage of your next
Shield of the Righteous by 30% for each target hit by Avenger's Shield,
stacking up to 5 times, and increases its radius by 6 yards.
- Source: Memory of the Righteous Bulwark — Drops from High Adjudicator Aleez in Halls of Atonement.
- Holy Avenger's Engraved Sigil (Head/Waist) — Your
Avenger's Shield has a 35% chance to have its cooldown instantly
reset when used.
- Source: Memory of a Holy Sigil — Drops in Torghast, Fracture Chambers, Layer 3+.
- Reign of Endless Kings (Neck/Chest/Wrist) — When you drop below
20% health, you become infused with Guardian of Ancient Kings
for 4 seconds. This cannot occur again for 45 seconds.
- Source: Memory of the Endless Kings — Drops in Torghast, Mort'regar, Layer 3+.
- The Ardent Protector's Sanctum (Neck/Wrist) — When
Ardent Defender saves you from death, it restores 40% additional
health. When Ardent Defender expires without saving you from death,
reduce its remaining cooldown by 40%.
- Source: Memory of the Ardent Protector — Drops from Sludgefist in Castle Nathria.
To find out the best Legendaries for Protection Paladin, please refer to our dedicated guide:
Retribution Paladin Legendary Powers
Legendary powers included in this section are for Retribution Paladins.
- Final Verdict (Back/Chest) — Replaces Templar's Verdict
with Final Verdict, a devastating strike that deals (223% of Attack Power)
Holy damage. Has a 15% chance to activate Hammer of Wrath
and reset its cooldown.
- Source: Memory of the Final Verdict — Drops from World Boss Valinor, the Light of Eons.
- Tempest of the Lightbringer (Waist/Legs) — Divine Storm
projects an additional wave of light, striking all enemies up to 20 yards
in front of you for 20% of Divine Storm's damage.
- Source: Memory of the Lightbringer's Tempest — Drops from Oryphrion in Spires of Ascension.
- Vanguard's Momentum (Head/Hands/Feet) — Hammer of Wrath
has 1 extra charge, and increases Holy damage done by 4% for 10 seconds,
stacking 3 times.
- Source: Memory of the Vanguard's Momentum — Drops from Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria.
To find out the best Legendaries for Retribution Paladin, please refer to our dedicated guide:
Covenant-Specific Paladin Legendary Powers
In this section, we list all the new Paladin Legendary Powers added in Patch 9.1. You can unlock them by reaching Renown 48 with your Covenant.
- Divine Resonance (Chest/Waist) — After casting Divine Toll you instantly cast Judgment every 5 seconds. This effect lasts 30 seconds.
- Duty-Bound Gavel (Head/Shoulder/Finger) — Vanquisher's Hammer
gains 1 additional charge. An additional cast of
- Retribution: Templar's Verdict will automatically trigger Divine Storm.
- Holy: Word of Glory will automatically trigger Light of Dawn.
- Protection: Word of Glory will automatically trigger Shield of the Righteous.
- Radiant Embers (Back/Wrist/Hands) — Ashen Hallow's duration is increased by 50%. Cancelling your Ashen Hallow early will reduce its cooldown by up to 50%, proportional to its remaining duration.
- Seasons of Plenty (Legs/Feet) — Blessing of the Seasons' effectiveness is increased by 100% after 10 seconds. This effect lasts for 10 seconds.
Other Class-Specific Legendary Powers
Legendary powers available to other classes in Shadowlands can be found below.
- 18 Jan. 2022: Radiant Embers updated in Patch 9.2 Build 41827.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Chains of Domination.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Relentless Inquisitor can now be crafted by all specs.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Relentless Inquisitor nerfed.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 04 Oct. 2020: Maraad's Dying Breath power added.
- 27 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35978.
- 25 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35938.
- 04 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35755.
- 31 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35679.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Relentless Inquisitor and Shock Barrier adjustments for Beta Build 35598.
- 12 Aug. 2020: Updated with Shock Barrier and renaming of the Arbiter's Judgment.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35432.
- 25 Jul. 2020: Updated based on Beta Build 35256.
- 18 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 Hotfixes: March 20th
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7