Mage Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Mage Covenant Ability Changes
- Radiant Spark (Kyrian) damage increased by 20%.
- Deathborne (Necrolord) duration increased to 25 seconds (was 20 seconds) and Spell Power buff increased to 15% (was 10%).
- Mirrors of Torment (Venthyr)
- Arcane: Now grants a stack of Clearcasting when a mirror is consumed (was mana).
- Fire: Fire Blast cooldown reduction increased to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds).
Mage Legendary Power Changes
General Legendary Powers
- Disciplinary Command increases Critical Strike damage by 20% (was 15%).
- Expanded Potential procs per minute increased to 2 (was 1.66).
Arcane Mage Legendary Powers
- Arcane Harmony damage per stack increased to 8% (was 7%) and the effect stacks up to 18 times (was 15).
Fire Mage Legendary Powers
- Molten Skyfall now calls down a Meteor after casting 18 Fireballs or Pyroblasts (was 25).
- Sun King's Blessing now requires consuming 8 Hot Streaks (was 12) and grants Combustion for 6 seconds (was 5 seconds).
Frost Mage Legendary Powers
- Cold Front now calls down a Frozen Orb after casting 30 Frostbolts or Flurries (was 60).
- Freezing Winds now triggers Fingers of Frost every 2 seconds (was 3 seconds).
PvP Talent Changes
- Ice Form is no longer on the global cooldown to match Icy Veins, the ability it replaces.
- Icy Propulsion Conduit now correctly functions with Ice Form (PvP Talent).
- Nether Precision and Arcane Prodigy Conduits now correctly function with Arcane Empowerment (PvP Talent).
Mage Anima Power Changes
- New Anima Power: Gravity Dynamo — Knocking, Rooting, or Incapacitating enemies grants you 50% extra damage to Fire, Arcane, and Frost spells for 8 seconds.
- New Anima Power: Chronomancer’s Hourglass — During Alter Time, you and your Mirror Images gain Time Warp.
- New Anima Power: Sorceror’s Frozen Soul — Ice Block has no cooldown.
- New Anima Power: Incanter’s Ward — Damage absorbed by your Barriers grants up to 20% increased Intellect, based on the amount absorbed.
- New Anima Power: Eldritch Teachings — Pyroblast, Flurry, and Arcane Barrage damage increased by 25%.
- Dimensional Blade now grants 3 charges of Blink (was refreshes Blink cooldown).
- Sapphire Prism now summons 2 additional Mirror Images per stack (was 1).
- Creeping Freeze now functions without Everwarm Socks, and can now be acquired at any time.
- Lingering Torments (Venthyr) increases damage of Mirrors of Torment by 50% (was 10%).
- Malevolence (Venthyr) now causes Mirrors of Torment’s cooldown to reset if the target dies while afflicted (was: Mirror damage had to be the killing blow).
More Patch 9.0.5 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.5 class changes linked below.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 release.
- 26 Feb. 2021: Updated for Build 37705.
- 21 Feb. 2021: Guide added.
ICY VEINS IS HIRING
- Feldrake Twitch Drop Claiming Issues and Possible Solutions in Dragonflight
- Get a Free 34-Slot Bag Fast in Dragonflight
- Doubleagent at Level 65
- Giant Dragonflight Class Tuning: Deceber 6th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes: December 2nd
- In-Game Location of the Dragonflight Login Screen
- Everyone Is a Raid Boss and They Fight it Out - and So Can You!
- Secret Room in Valdrakken Inn Leads to a Dance Party