Priest Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Discipline Priest Changes
- Spirit Shell (Level 50 Talent) now absorbs 80% of healing done (was 100%) and the absorption limit is now based on the caster’s Spell Power rather than maximum health.
Holy Priest Changes
- Divine Hymn increases healing taken by 4% (was 10%) for 15 seconds (was 8 seconds). Stacks up to 5 times (was no stacks).
Shadow Priest Changes
- Mastery: Shadow Weaving no longer benefits multiple times from damage amplifying effects.
- Shadowy Apparitions no longer causes targets to drop Stealth if they deal no damage.
Priest Covenant Ability Changes
- Fae Guardians (Night Fae) Guardian Faerie now grants 20% damage reduction (was 10%), and Wrathful Faerie will now automatically be sent to the closest enemy target it Fae Guardian is used while an ally is targeted.
- Wrathful Faerie (Night Fae) now properly grants resources to the casting Priest when there are multiple Wrathful Faeries active on the target.
- Mindgames (Venthyr) no longer reverses damage or healing from itself when reflected.
Priest Conduit Changes
- Fae Fermata (Night Fae) Fae Guardians now leave a 80% effective copy of their benefit (was 60%) and can no longer be stacked on top of a Faerie for double benefit.
Priest Legendary Power Changes
General Priest Legendary Powers
- Cauterizing Shadows’ healing increased by 36% and can now critically strike.
Discipline Priest Legendary Powers
- Cauterizing Shadows now functions with Mastery: Grace.
- Kiss of Death reduces the cooldown of Shadow Word: Death by 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
Holy Priest Legendary Powers
- Divine Image now casts Searing Light when Shadow Word: Pain or Mindgames (Venthyr Ability) are used, and casts Holy Nova when Unholy Nova (Necrolord Ability) is used. Additionally, if the Priest is crowd controlled while Divine Image is active, the image will cast single-target healing spells on nearby low-health allies.
- Divine Image spell-mirroring cooldown removed (e.g. queueing a Shadow Word: Death after a Holy Fire will now trigger 2 Searing Lights).
- Flash Concentration buff duration increased to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Measured Contemplation is now cleared upon starting an Arena match.
Shadow Priest Legendary Powers
- Painbreaker Psalm generates up to 30 Insanity (was 20) and now functions with Death and Madness (Level 15 Talent).
- Painbreaker Psalm will now grant Insanity if Shadow Word: Death kills the target.
- Shadowflame Prism's damage has been increased by 40%.
Priest PvP Changes
- Greater Fade is now cancelled when players attempt to catpure a PvP objective.
- Mass Dispel no longer cancels Greater Fade.
- Greater Fade is no longer cancelled when Mind Bomb triggers or Shadow Crash (Talent) deals damage.
Priest Anima Power Changes
- New Anima Power: Dark Technique — Enemies affected by Mind Bomb or Psychic Scream suffer 5% of your health in damage every 1 second. This damage cannot break Mind Bomb or Psychic Scream.
- New Anima Power: Cowl of Influence — You can now control your character during Mind Control, but it has a 30 second cooldown.
- New Anima Power: Light-Infused Egg — Smite / Mind Flay have a 15% / 5% chance to grant you Power Infusion.
- New Anima Power: Fallen Priest’s Blessing — Casting Holy Fire or Mind Blast increases the damage or healing of your next Devouring Plague by 30%, Penance by 30% or Holy Word: Chastise by 60%. This effect stacks, but its duration is not refreshed.
- New Anima Power: Voidwraith Signet — Killing an enemy with Shadow Word: Death summons a Voidwraith guardian for 1 minute that casts] Void Flay, dealing 100% additional damage against enemies that are above 50% health.
- New Anima Power: Soul of an Archon — Power Infusion now also increases all periodic damage and healing by 100%.
- Enduring Spirit spell duration increased by 80% (was 50%).
- Puppetmaster's Strings can no longer be offered to the player unless Cowl of Influence is known.
- Earworm chance to trigger increased to 5% per stack (was 3%).
- Mindmancer Handgloves now increases the damage of Mindgames by 20% (was reduce cast speed).
- Vandal's Zeal can now be obtained 3 times (was 1).
- Catharstick now properly triggers from Shadow Word: Pain cast by Vampiric Touch through the Shadow talent, Misery.
More Patch 9.0.5 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.5 class changes linked below.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 release.
- 21 Feb. 2021: Guide added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes