Retribution Paladin Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Retribution Paladin before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Retribution Paladin
This page will guide you on how to get the most out of your Retribution Paladin in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast, check out our dedicated pages below.
Best Retribution Paladin Setup for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
Best Retribution Paladin Anima Powers
Throughout Torghast, you will acquire Anima Powers. These will be multiple choice windows and each of these will increase your power in Torghast in some capacity. Some choices however will be better than others for your current situation within Torghast.
Below is a ranked tier list to help you get the most out of your Anima Powers. This Tier List assumes that the powers are the same level.
Torghast is meant to be flexible and fun, so these are purely recommendations in case you need some direction.
If you want a complete list of Anima Powers available to Paladin, please refer to the pages linked below.
Great Anima Powers for Retribution Paladin
- Golden Plume
- Badge of the Mad Paragon
- Ring of Unburdening
- Coldheart Plume
- Ancient Writ of Order
- Gavel of True Judgment (works on bosses)
- Mark of Conk-quest
- Small Smooth Spike
- Shard of Milkglass (only very useful in solo play)
Good Anima Powers for Retribution Paladin
- Faintly Glowing Ember
- Shattered Gauntlet
- Blood Beacon
- Winged Medallion
- Radiant Essence
- Soulforged Censer
- Of Dusk and Dawn
- Words of Incomprehensible Glory
- Pendrake's Shattered Aegis (only useful in group play)
- Soulsteel Hasp
- Soul-Touched Spurs
- Soul-Touched Reins
- Vestige of Hope
Average Anima Powers for Retribution Paladin
- Theory of Justice
- Pendrake's Locket (only useful in group play)
- Pendrake's Brooch (only useful in group play)
- Thread of Beads
- Pendrake's Visor
- Defiled Prayer Beads
Lists of all Paladin Anima Powers can be found below.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Retribution Paladin
Occasionally, you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate the Anima Powers you can then purchase with Phantasma, but they are generally better than the "Average" Anima powers.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle for Torghast
Retribution Paladin is a great choice for Torghast, because we can rely on our strong burst cooldowns, incredible self-heal, and other utility to beat any difficult situation you might face in Torghast. Some additional Torghast tips can be found below.
- Use line of sight to force enemy casters to get into your meele range, so you can cleave them down with the rest.
- Use Rebuke, Blinding Light, and Hammer of Justice to actively to interrupt or crowd control dangerous enemies.
- Use Hand of Reckoning to pull additional enemies if you your other long range abilities are on cooldown.
- Use the perks you pick up on the way as they are incredibly valuable.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Retribution Paladin
Use one of these Legendary Powers along with you Covenant Legendary effect from Unity, assuming you have unlocked it:
- Stable Phantasma Lure
Conduit-specific information for Retribution Paladin in Torghast
The most important Conduit for playing Torghast solo is the Endurance Conduit Shielding Words, which will drastically increase your sustain in combination with the recommended Healing Hands talent.
The Finesse Conduit Light's Barding, greatly synergizes with the Anima Powers Soul-Touched Reins and Soul-Touched Spurs. With those Divine Steed upgrades, your tower climbing experience in Torghast will be a bit less miserable.
Covenant-specific information for Retribution Paladin in Torghast
- Use Ashen Hallow after gathering up multiple enemies to cleave them down quickly while also healing yourself.
- The Door of Shadows teleport is very useful to skip enemies you do not want to fight, or to cross traps safely. You also can use it to get on terrain you otherwise would not be able to get to, as long as it is within your line of sight.
All the Venthyr-specific Anima Powers are bad, but here you can see which one is the worst and best of them.
- Hallowed Silverglass triggers another Ashen Hallow tick when using Judgment or Hammer of Justice.
- Hallowed Candle increases the damage of Ashen Hallow against 3 or less enemies.
- Undead Bone Ash grants Hammer of Wrath the effect of reducing the cooldown of Ashen Hallow.
- Get Phial of Serenity via Summon Steward whenever possible.
- Summon Steward allows you to change talents at all times in Torghast.
Here are the best and worst Kyrian-specific Anima Powers.
- Ember of the Carillon reduces the cooldown of Divine Toll by 10 seconds. This is particularly strong when playing the Forgelite Prime Mikanikos Soulbind, once you have unlocked the Effusive Anima Accelerator trait.
- Belt of the Mawsworn Avenger grants Avenging Wrath the effect of casting Divine Toll at the start and end of its duration. Get this Anima Power if possible.
- Big Clapper grants Divine Toll the effect of stunning enemies within 30 yards for 3 seconds.
- Make good use of your Soulshape to move around Torghast.
- Remember to keep your Blessing of the Seasons buff rotating between packs.
Here are best and worst Night Fae-specific Anima Powers.
- Pristine Fallen Leaf increases the duration of Blessing of Autumn by 100%.
- Dried Fire Flower increases the damage from Blessing of Summer by 100%.
- Calibrated Sextant gives you a secondary stat buff depending on the
season you cast.
- Blessing of Summer grants a 300 Critical Strike buff.
- Blessing of Autumn grants a 300 Haste buff.
- Blessing of Winter grants a 300 Versatility buff.
- Blessing of Spring grants a 300 Mastery buff.
- Use Fleshcraft between packs.
Here are the best and worst Necrolord-specific Anima Powers.
- Tome of the Vanquished triggers an additional Divine Storm after casting a Templar's Verdict with the Vanquisher's Hammer buff.
- Darkened Ember causes Vanquisher's Hammer to generate 2 Holy Power.
- Worn Leather Strap reduces the cooldown of Vanquisher's Hammer by 3 seconds.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- New Returning Items Tab for Trading Post Items in Patch 10.2.5
- Will Sylvanas Return in Patch 10.2.5?
- Night Elf Paladin NPC Spotted in Patch 10.2.5
- New Trading Post Mount in Patch 10.2.5 - Savage Blue Battle Turtle