Augmentation Evoker Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.2.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Augmentation Evoker in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
How Much Mastery should I have?
As much as possible. The Diminishing Return points do not matter for Augmentation.
When should I use Breath of Eons?
You want to make sure you are getting as many Breath of Eons uses in a given combat period, but also use it when your allies have DPS cooldowns.
, For this reason,, we suggest using Breath of Eons as a two-minute cooldown, as the majority of specializations have 2-minute cooldowns. See our Buffs Page for more information on other specialisations.
Does Augmentation work with Details/Warcraft Logs?
Augmentation does not currently work with details, and Blizzard's current stance appears to be that they want it to be like this as they want a the distinction between the ingame experience and the out-of-game experience.
Augmentation does work with Warcraft Logs as Blizzard has been implementing combat hooks, so damage gained from your support effects will be reattributed back to you.
The combat hooks implementation is not perfect and potentially inaccurate for some events. If you find notable errors in the attribution math, make sure to report it to Blizzard!
How should I move and DPS?
With Evoker, you have multiple options.
- Hover is most preferable as this will allow you to cast whilst moving after the short animation. This can be used as a DPS gain if you Hover Weave (more details below).
- Finally you have Azure Strike.
What is Hover Weaving?
Hover is not on the GCD, so you can cast a spell while you are on the GCD from another spell. An example of this is when you need to move from a mechanic, and you want to keep doing DPS instead of just using Hover you can cast Azure Strike, and during the GCD of this spell, you use Hover and can then cast more impactful spells on the move as the animation lockout from Hover is shorter than the GCD.
Is Augmentation Evoker a good Power Infusion target?
No! Power Infusion is better used on one of the DPS players you are buffing.
How often does Essence regenerate?
1 Essence every 5 seconds. This is impacted by talents & Haste.
- 15 Jan. 2024: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.5
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Page added.
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Warmace of Shirvallah (Hidden Enhancement Shaman Artifact Appearance) Available This Week
- Season 3 Patch 10.2.5 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 5
- Heroic Fyrakk Kill Yields 6 Fyr'alaths After Bad Luck Protection Buff
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Player Hits Jackpot: A Decade of Rare Mounts in Just Days!
- Embers of Fyr'alath Effects Buffed
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th