Fury Warrior Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption Powers to buy for Fury Warriors
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the corruptions on your gear without any RNG involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Fury Warriors we recommend stacking Severe traits on as many pieces as possible, due to the synergy between Critical Strike and Cold Steel, Hot Blood. Because the value of the stat diminishes as it gets closer to 100% and the likelihood of getting crits becomes more reliable, it is possible to fill corruption budget with Strikethrough or Gushing Wound, especially if you make use of a large critical strike buff such as Ashvane's Razor Coral or Blood of the Enemy.
Alternatively, Infinite Stars can be even stronger in a purely single target environment, but it loses value any time extra targets are present, even if you are not actively attacking them. For this reason, the practical effectiveness is lower, and the corruption should not be prioritized outside of a secondary set of gear for very specific encounters. Twilight Devastation is also a very strong pick for multitarget damage and Mythic+ dungeons, although it loses value on single target. Because the corruption is easily available from Devastation's Hour, it may be simpler to change weapons rather than curate an entire extra set of corrupted gear.
Best Corruptions for Fury Warrior
We have provided simulations below for all the different Corruptions, but we still feel the need to explain why some Corruptions are good and so on, as simulations rarely tell the full story.
- Gushing Wound is a very efficient single-target Corruption, which can fill out extra Corruption budget very well due to its low cost, but the rarity makes it hard to come by. Unlike most other corruptions, it scales with item level, making it even harder to come by on competitive items.
- Severe increases the Critical Strike gained from all sources and synergizes extremely well with both Cold Steel, Hot Blood, as well as increasing damage directly. While some other Corruptions may out-perform it in their given situation, Severe works well in both single and multi-target situations, making it the a universal and dependable choice.
- Infinite Stars is a strong single-target option, nearly on par with Gushing Wound, but subject to greater failure, as the effect can hit any target within range, even if they are not being actively attacked. This makes the debuff hard to stack in any situation with more than one target, resulting in lower effective damage.
- Twilight Devastation is the go-to multi-target and Mythic+ dungeon Corruption choice, though it does not perform particularly well on single target as a result. The effect has some randomness, as it fires a forward moving beam of energy which must physically connect with targets to damage them, but any situation with consistent adds or extra targets will tend to see strong returns, so long as you position yourself appropriately.
Corruption Weapon for Fury Warrior
Devastation's Hour is one of two Ny'alotha Corruption Weapons for Fury Warriors. It always comes with the Twilight Devastation Corruption, which is very good for multi-target damage, particularly in Mythic+ dungeons. While it does not provide much in terms of single-target damage and Fury will still want to primarily stack other traits, the high item level on the weapon itself makes it a very good weapon, even if the Corruption is cleansed.
Sk'shuul Vaz is primarily designed for Blood Death Knight tanks, but the effect works well for DPS as well. It always comes with the Obsidian Destruction Corruption, which is semi-unique in that deals damage based on armor, but due to wearing plate, that damage is still moderately competitive. While not the strongest Corruption by any degree, the ease of acquisition makes it a very reliable option, particularly for multi-target damage.
Corruption Simulations for Fury Warrior
Single-Target DPS per Corruption Point
The top chart is more generally useful. Corruption is a resource that we want to minimize wherever we can, and the top chart provides you an idea of which Corruption affixes provide the most DPS for the Corruption they add to your gear. The bottom chart is more of a showcase of the DPS potential of the Corruptions.
Single-Target Corruption DPS Overall
We do not recommend making choices based off of this chart. We recommend using the "DPS per Corruption Point" chart instead.
AoE DPS per Corruption Point
AoE Corruption DPS Overall
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Heroic Leap and Charge are the most useful tool for countering Grasping Tendrils and Eye of Corruption at 1 and 20 Corruption respectively.
- Storm Bolt and Intimidating Shout can crowd control the Thing From Beyond, spawned from Grand Delusions at 40 Corruption. However, this may not always be feasible, as the Shout cooldown is prohibitive and the talent requires forgoing Double Time and the ability to stun targets in dungeons. At higher levels of Corruption, the Thing From Beyond is capable of moving very quickly, making it even harder to react to in time.
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, gains a special on-use effect at Rank 6 which clears all Corruption effects from you. While it can be used to negate any negative Corruption effect, in dungeons and raids the best time to use it will often to remove Grasping Tendrils, as being slowed at the wrong time is often much more dangerous than taking a hit from the Thing From Beyond or Eye of Corruption.
How Much Corruption Should I Run As A Fury Warrior
It depends on the content, but typically below 40 in the majority of situations. When doing farm or easy content, that threshold can be raised to 60, as the Thing From Beyond is not incredibly dangerous by itself, but you typically should not go over 60 unless the content is extremely trivial and you have dedicated healer support. In all cases, stay below 80 Corruption, as going above that number can quite easily kill you.
- 23 May 2020: Purchasing Corruptions with Echos of Ny'alotha added.
- 23 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- Big PvP Updates Coming to Shadowlands Beta
- Average Player Leveling in the Pre-patch and Shadowlands Will Take 8-10 Hours
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854: Class Changes Recap
- Player Solos All Alliance Faction Leaders
- Shadowlands Mythic Season 1 End-of-Run Rewards Capped Below Castle Nathria Heroic Item Level
- Shaman Class Changes in Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854
- Engineer's Workshop: The WoW Companion App and Multi-Expansion Support
- Fan-Made Shadowlands Login Screen