Restoration Druid Healing Azerite Traits/Powers and Armor — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
Select the optimal Azerite items and traits for Restoration Druids using this guide (in addition to which we recommend reading our Heart of Azeroth guide, since the Heart of Azeroth is the gateway to the Azerite system). Both guides are up to date for Patch 8.2.5 of the Battle for Azeroth World of Warcraft expansion.
Choosing Azerite Gear as a Restoration Druid
There are no general rules to compare items, due to all of the rings potentially providing some sort of throughput. Your end goal should be to pick any traits from S or A tiers, and avoid stacking multiple Restoration specific traits, since all of them become significantly weaker as soon as you pick a second one.
Relative Strength of Azerite Traits for Restoration Druid
Below, we have listed the relative strength of most of the traits. Keep in mind, that some traits are nearly impossible to evaluate without per-fight analysis or without you specifically playing around this specific trait due to their nature, for example Self Reliance and Autumn Leaves.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful traits; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these traits are either slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, or only as strong in specific situations, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trait that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trait.
- C Tier: a weak trait that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
- D Tier: the worst of the worst traits, these are virtually useless.
Any trait not listed in one of the above tiers provides no increase in healing output, or significant utility, though some may increase damage dealt.
- Autumn Leaves provides good output even if you pick Cultivation and Spring Blossoms talents. Around half of the strength comes from the extra Rejuvenation duration, so avoid using more than one Autumn Leaves trait.
- Loyal to the End is an incredibly powerful neutral trait. Make sure at least 3-4 players are running this trait in your group before equipping it.
- Lively Spirit can be a very strong trait, if you manage to line up the Intellect buff with burst damage and the buff from Incarnation: Tree of Life. The mana regeneration part does not stack, so it is best to only run one Lively Spirit.
- Rampant Growth provides amazing throughput as long as you keep Lifebloom up and use Regrowth often on targets other than the Lifebloom one. The initial bonus of an extra HoT is what makes this trait good and having it more than once on your gear is extremely undesirable.
- Glory in Battle / Liberator's Might provide a good and consistent proc.
- Stronger Together / Combined Might provide a decent proc, although a bit random.
- Anduin's Dedication / Sylvanas' Resolve are especially good during progress, when your co-raiders will frequently die.
- Blightborne Infusion provides a solid proc with decent uptime.
- Swirling Sands provides a strong secondary stat proc. The duration increase part is trivial to fulfill with all the HoTs Restoration Druids have ticking.
- Resounding Protection is an all-round strong trait. It is always useful and provides solid throughput.
- Impassive Visage provides steady healing throughout the fight, which can add up to quite a lot of healing, especially on encounters with frequent raid-wide damage events.
- The second and third Lively Spirit traits do not provide any extra Mana, but they still provide more Intellect per stack. You will rarely need that much burst, but in the cases where you might or without any good alternatives, this might be a decent pick.
- Waking Dream is decently strong when you have only one trait of it, but the added value of a second and third trait are slightly lower. The healing will do more during parts where you ramp with multiple Rejuvenations, essentially scaling with the damage.
- Arcane Heart is a decent stat boost, especially if you are actively doing damage.
- Meticulous Scheming is a very strong trait, but requires you to pay attention to a buff you receive in order to activate an extremely strong Haste buff.
- Tradewinds provides a very high amount of Mastery on proc and will even increase the damage of your other raid members.
- Incite the Pack also provides a high amount of Mastery and will increase the damage of your raid members on top of that.
- Grove Tending provides good tank healing via Mastery stacking and the HoT itself is not weak either.
- Unstable Catalyst's biggest downside is the requirement to stand still, which is not always feasible. Otherwise, not a terrible trait, assuming you can manage to stay in the zones.
- Blessed Portents can be extremely potent on encounters with high damage.
- Blood Siphon provides a good passive increase to your stats.
- Bracing Chill and Concentrated Mending both proc healing in one way or another. The healing itself is decent.
- Ephemeral Recovery provides a mediocre amount of Mana, but other traits in that ring do not provide impressive throughput either, which makes Ephemeral Recovery a decent alternative.
- Lifespeed is a very good trait to pick up even just for Haste itself. Avoidance increases your survivability, which makes it invaluable during progression.
- On My Way is a decent trait with passive movement speed increase on top of it.
- Self Reliance is only good if you can manage to stay far away from enemies, which might be more challenging than it seems. Most of the extra add spawns will likely come close to you and disable the effect. This trait should be judged on a per-fight basis.
- Ursoc's Endurance gives a decent absorb, but coupled with a damage reduction from activating Barkskin it becomes quite strong. This is generally a fight dependent trait.
- Early Harvest adds a decent amount of healing to a spell you should cast during heavy damage. The Innervate cooldown reduction is mostly irrelevant, and you are unlikely to get extra Innervate casts because of this trait. On top of that, you will usually want to sync Innervate usage with Incarnation: Tree of Life, so cooldown reduction will mostly affect nothing.
- Blood Rite provides a mediocre proc with decent uptime. Unless you can guarantee constant refreshes from enemies getting killed, Blood Rite will provide very little throughput.
- Secrets of the Deep requires you to move around and pick up orbs, but that also allows you some leeway in when you want to activate the buff. It should be easy to pick them up as a Restoration Druid, unless encounter mechanics force you to stick to a certain position.
- Second and third Autumn Leaves provide very mediocre value. About half the value of the trait is in the 1-second increase to Rejuvenation, which does not stack.
- Azerite Veins provides incredible healing once it procs, although it can be unreliable with only 1 proc per minute.
- Earthlink does not provide enough Intellect to be considered a solid choice.
- Savior does not proc often enough to do a good amount of healing.
- Synergistic Growth does not provide a good amount of Mastery.
- Second and third Waking Dream traits are not completely useless, but they are worth significantly less than the first one.
- Undulating Tides provides no healing benefit and a mediocre shield when you drop low.
- Woundbinder procs Haste, but on low uptime and the amount is pretty low.
- Longstrider is probably the worst trait there is. The movement speed increase is laughable for a spec with incredible mobility, as well as having no extra throughput benefits on top.
- Switch Hitter provides no throughput since the Swiftmend portion does not work in Restoration specialisation. However, it gives roughly 10% Avoidance on Frenzied Regeneration cast, which can be a life-saver. The Starsurge proc is pretty bad, since you will not be able to utilise it properly.
Azerite Trait Details for Restoration Druid
Some of your Azerite Traits can have big impact on the way you play the game, select your gear and even affect talent choices. It is important to understand how they work with each other and on its own.
The following traits only partially stack with each other:
- Grove Tending only applies one HoT. Second and third traits only increase its power.
- Rampant Growth only applies one extra Regrowth HoT. Second and third traits only increase its power. Since the extra HoT provides the vast majority of the power, getting second or third Rampant Growths is not nearly as strong as getting the first one.
- Waking Dream does not reduce the Ysera's Gift healing intervals below 4 seconds no matter how many traits you have. The power of the second and third Waking Dream traits is slightly lower compared to the first one.
- Autumn Leaves's Rejuvenation duration increase does not stack.
- Lively Spirit's Mana portion of the trait does not stack.
Azerite Gear for Restoration Druids for Raiding
As Azerite gear comes with set traits we can identify the best Azerite gear for a given item level. Below are the best Azerite gear pieces for raiding. A list of optimal dungeon pieces can be found on Mythic+ page.
- Tidemother's Cover (Stormwall Blockade, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Cowl of Righteous Resolve (Champion of the Light, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Crown of A'akul's Dark Reign (Opulence, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- High Altitude Turban (The MOTHERLODE!!).
- Phantom Stalker Shoulders (King Rastakhan, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Admiralty's Ceremonial Epaulets (Lady Jaina Proudmoore, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Tentacle-Laced Spaulders (Shrine of the Storm).
- Gore-Splattered Vest (The Underrot).
- Spymaster's Wrap (Atal'Dazar).
- Vestments of Indomitable Will (Conclave of the Chosen, Battle of Dazar'alor).
Azerite Traits for Restoration Druid
- Autumn Leaves increases the healing of Rejuvenation, if Rejuvenation is your only heal over time effect on the target. Increases Rejuvenation duration by 1 second.
- Early Harvest causes your Wild Growth to heal the target upon expiration if they are injured or reduce the cooldown of Innervate by 1 second if they are not.
- Grove Tending causes Swiftmend to apply a 9-second duration HoT.
- Lively Spirit. When Innervate expires, your Intellect is increased and Mana is restored for each spell the target cast using Innervate for 20 seconds.
- Rampant Growth causes Regrowth to heals for slightly more over its duration, and its healing over time effect also applies to the target of your Lifebloom.
- Waking Dream causes Ysera's Gift to heal every 4 seconds, and heal for an additional amount for each of your active Rejuvenations.
- Anduin's Dedication / Sylvanas' Resolve causes your spells to have a chance to increase your primary stat for 10 seconds. If an ally dies nearby you also instantly gain this effect. Note that this is a PvP trait.
- Combined Might / Stronger Together gives you and 4 allies a bonus to one of your secondary stats or to your Spellpower / Attackpower (depending on your role), chosen at random, for 10 seconds. Note that this is a PvP trait.
- Meticulous Scheming causes you to gain a buff for 8 seconds that transforms into a 20-second Haste buff after you cast 3 different spells while it is active.
- Blightborne Infusion causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 14 seconds.
- Blood Rite causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Haste for 15 seconds. Killing enemies refreshes this effect.
- Incite the Pack causes you to occasionally increase your Mastery and that of up to two nearby allies for 20 seconds.
- Glory in Battle / Liberator's Might causes your spells to have a chance to grant Critical Strike and Haste for 10 seconds. Note that this is a PvP trait, and attacking a member of the opposing faction significantly increases this chance, making these traits are much stronger in PvP content.
- Secrets of the Deep causes your spells to have a chance to spawn a Surging Droplet nearby, which you can collect to increase your primary stat for 18 seconds. Rarely, a Void Droplet will be created instead, which increases your primary stat for twice as much as Surging Droplet's when collected.
- Swirling Sands causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 12 seconds. This duration can be extended by landing Critical Strikes up to a maximum of 18 seconds.
- Tradewinds causes your spells to have a chance to grant you Mastery for 15 seconds. When this buff expires, it jumps once to a nearby ally at half duration and amount.
- Unstable Catalyst causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to create a zone standing in which increases your primary stat.
- Archive of the Titans is an Uldir-specific trait. It gives you a small primary stat buff every 5 seconds which stacks up to 20 times. Stacks only decay when out of combat. It also gives the Reorigination Array buff, which you should always aim to have active while raiding in Uldir.
- Laser Matrix causes your spells to have a chance to unleash a barrage of lasers which deal damage and heal injured allies for a small amount which is further split among them. It also gives the Reorigination Array buff, which you should always aim to have active while raiding in Uldir.
- Relational Normalization Gizmo causes your spells to have a chance to grant you a primary stat and maximum health buff or Haste and 50% movement speed for 10 seconds. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Ricocheting Inflatable Pyrosaw causes your spells to have a chance to heal up to 4 allies for a large amount. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Bonded Souls will make your spells and abilities have a chance to trigger a Soulbond for 15 sec. During Soulbond, every 5 sec. you and your nearest ally are both healed for and gain Haste for 5 sec.
- Treacherous Covenant increases your Intellect while you are above 50% health. You take 15% increased damage while below 20% health.
- Seductive Power makes your spells and abilities have a chance to conjure Bwonsamdi's spectral visage. If you approach him, gain a bonus to all stats for 5 min., stacking up to 5 times. If you fail to do so, you lose 1 stack.
Reorigination Array gives you a buff that increases your highest secondary stat. The buff stacks for each week when you have killed 3 bosses in Uldir. This only works in Uldir.
- Azerite Veins has a chance to grant you Azerite Veins when taking damage, healing you every 3 seconds. It lasts 18 seconds or until you are fully healed.
- Blessed Portents grants your healing spells a chance to apply Blessed Portents to the target for 20 seconds. When the target falls below 50% health, Blessed Portents is consumed and heals them.
- Blood Siphon passively increases your Mastery and Leech.
- Bracing Chill causes your heals to have a chance to apply Bracing Chill to the target. Healing a target with Bracing Chill will heal for an additional amount and move Bracing Chill to a nearby ally, up to 6 times.
- Concentrated Mending causes your healing effects to have a chance to grant the target a HoT that heals every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. The amount healed doubles every 2 seconds.
- Earthlink increases your primary stat, with the exact amount cycling between a minimum value and maximum value every 6 seconds.
- Elemental Whirl causes your damaging spells to have a chance to increase one of your secondary stats for 10 seconds.
- Lifespeed passively increases your Haste and Avoidance.
- On My Way passively increases your Versatility and Speed.
- Overwhelming Power causes your damaging spells to have a chance to increase your Haste. The amount of Haste granted decreases every second or whenever you take damage.
- Savior makes your heals on targets below 50% health have a chance to heal for an additional amount.
- Unstable Flames causes your damaging spells to have a chance to grant a Critical Strike buff for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Synergistic Growth causes Wild Growth casts to grant you Mastery for 10 seconds, on a 30-second cooldown.
- Woundbinder causes your healing effects to have a chance to increase your Haste for 12 seconds. Healing lower health targets will grant more Haste.
- Auto-Self-Cauterizer grants you a chance, when taking damage, to self-heal for a large amount and remove most bleed effects as well as slowing nearby enemies by 30% for 5 seconds. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Impassive Visage heals you when you take damage. It can not occur more often than every 6 seconds.
- Longstrider increases your movement speed by a percentage of your highest secondary stat, with a maximum movement speed gain limit.
- Personal Absorb-o-Tron grants you a chance, when taking damage, to gain a large absorb shield for up to 1 minute. This trait is only obtainable through crafting Engineering goggles.
- Reawakening causes Rebirth to grant its target an absorb shield for 15 seconds.
- Resounding Protection causes you to gain an absorb shield every 30 seconds.
- Self Reliance causes you to be healed every 3 seconds while no enemies are within 12 yards of you.
- Ursoc's Endurance grants you an 8-second absorb shield when you use Barkskin.
Find Azerite Armor By Trait/Power
In the table below, you can see all of the Azerite gear available to your Restoration Druid. By using the + button located next to each item, you can expand the list of Azerite powers that this item possesses (to collapse the list, simply click the - button).
If you want to filter items according to the powers that they offer, you can use the filters below.
|Head Items||Shoulders Items||Chest Items|