Retribution Paladin DPS Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Retribution Paladin for each boss of the following raid: Battle of Dazar'alor. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
This page will focus primarily on how a Retribution Paladin can optimize its performance on the raid bosses in Battle of Dazar'alor, and not on an actual raid strategy for the bosses.
Retribution Paladin in Battle for Dazar'alor
Retribution Paladins are looking to be a good pick in Battle of Dazar'alor, due to their good single-target and strong cleave damage. The raid comes with quite a few physical player-targeting abilities, which can be rendered harmless with Blessing of Protection.
Talent Cheatsheet for Retribution Paladin
Champion of the Light
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Champion of the Light
- Interrupt the Anointed Disciple casts with Rebuke or Hammer of Justice.
- Mythic only: Interrupt the Angelic Renewal cast with Rebuke or Hammer of Justice.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Grong
- Interrupt the Apetagonizer 3000's cast Apetagonize with Rebuke.
- You can use Blessing of Protection on the Tank who gets thrown by Bestial Throw.
- Use Eye for an Eye and Blessing of Protection as additional defensive cooldowns to reduce the damage you take by Reverberating Slam when your Health is low.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Jadefire Masters
- Use Blessing of Protection to safe people who would take fall damage from getting knocked up by the Magma Trap.
- Mythic only: Use Blessing of Protection to immune the Path of Niuzao damage while running through the maze.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Opulence
- Use Blessing of Protection on a player affected by Coin Shower so he can solo this mechanic. If you get targeted, you can use Divine Shield or Blessing of Protection on yourself to solo it.
- Use Eye for an Eye as defensive cooldown when you group up to soak Coin Shower.
Conclave of the Chosen
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Conclave of the Chosen
- Use Hammer of Justice to stun the Ravenous Stalker adds.
- Use Blessing of Protection to immune one player who its targeted by Kimbul's Wrath.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Rastakhan
- Use Blessing of Protection and Lay on Hands to remove the Grievous Axe debuffs from friendly players.
- Use Divine Shield to solo Meteor Leap.
- Use Rebuke to interrupt Grave Bolt cast by Phantom of Slaughter.
High Tinker Mekkatorque
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on High Tinker Mekkatorque
- Use Blessing of Protection to immune a Shrunk player from any trampling by their allies, so they can safely reach the Spark Bot. Use Divine Shield to reach the Spark Bot if you are affected yourself.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Stormwall Blockade
- Use Hand of Hindrance to slow the Energized Storm each time it respawns if nobody else slowed it yet.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Lady Jaina Proudmoore
- Delay Avenging Wrath to have it ready to burst the Jaina's Tide Elemental during the intermission from Phase Two to Phase Three.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Inquisition has been added as a viable Talent.
- 11 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 17 Feb. 2019: Added Mythic recommendations.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2