Assassination Rogue DPS Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Assassination Rogue for each boss of the following raid: Battle of Dazar'alor. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
This is a quick cheat-sheet for the Battle of Dazar'alor raid. Here you can find tips for your spec, and not the strategy for the bosses themselves.
Assassination in Battle for Dazar'alor
Assassination remains the go to spec for raiding in Battle of Dazar'alor. It remains a strong single target spec, has great potential for cleave, and is even able to handle spread cleave somewhat.
Champion of the Light
Assassination Rogue on Champion of the Light
- Kick Anointed Disciple's casts.
- Save Cloak of Shadows in case you get hit by the wave.
Note: This boss is the second boss for Horde players, and the third boss for Alliance players. For the second Alliance boss (Jadefire Masters), see further below.
Assassination Rogue on Grong
- Make sure to move right after Reverberating Slam casts, to move out of Reverberating Echo.
- Save Cloak of Shadows for Tantrum casts.
For this boss, we will refer to Grimfang/Mestrah as "Monk", and Firecaller/Flamefist as "Mage".
Assassination Rogue on Jadefire Masters
- Save Cloak of Shadows for clearing out Living Bomb.
- Make sure to save Shadowstep so you have it available early on during Maze phase. It allows you to skip a lot of run time, especially if combined with a Warlock's gateway.
Assassination Rogue on Opulence
- Save Cloak of Shadows for Ruby Beam's casts so you can stay still.
- If out of position, you can run away from Yalat's Bulwark and either completely out-range Flames of Punishment or only take 1 tick with Feint.
- You can use Cloak of Shadows to clear Thief's Bane debuff, so you can loot gems as soon as possible.
- For swaps happening in flame jets rooms, use Sprint to get in positions, and save Shadowstep in case you get swapped.
Conclave of the Chosen
Assassination Rogue on Conclave of the Chosen
- Save Cloak of Shadows for overlaps of Pa'ku's Wrath and Crawling Hex.
Assassination Rogue on King Rastakhan
- The suck in ability will instantly kill you.
- You can use Cloak of Shadows to soak frogs, giving your raid more space.
High Tinker Mekkatorque
Assassination Rogue on High Tinker Mekkatorque
- Using Cloak of Shadows as the bomb goes off will prevent the 30s debuff from being applied to you.
Assassination Rogue on Stormwall Blockade
- Use Feint if soaking orbs.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
Assassination Rogue on Lady Jaina Proudmoore
- You can stay in Ice Ring, and Cloak of Shadows to not take any damage.
- You can also stay in Ice Ring, and step into fire patch to avoid getting frozen by it, use Feint to mitigate the damage.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 23 Feb. 2019: Minor updates.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Added Assassination Rogue advice for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- New Returning Items Tab for Trading Post Items in Patch 10.2.5
- Will Sylvanas Return in Patch 10.2.5?
- Night Elf Paladin NPC Spotted in Patch 10.2.5
- New Trading Post Mount in Patch 10.2.5 - Savage Blue Battle Turtle